I found a new secret in World 1-1!

#11Mariofan15Posted 12/4/2012 7:33:26 PM
What? The GBA didn't have bad Mario games.... o_o

I agree.

Uhhh...yes it did. Every single Mario platformer was an already existing port hastily packaged with the same Mario Bros. clone and given stupid voices to characters, individually sold so the big N could make more money...then there were MORE Mario Tennis and Golf games, and the ludicrously balls Mario PInball Land.

Lol,no. Not one of those were bad. Pinball Land was kinda bad but that's mostly due to how the game saves. So I disagree with you big time.
---
0476-5632-3140:Pokemon White 2
#12StarmanJuniorPosted 12/5/2012 6:58:38 AM
I'm not saying they were bad games, but that's where I lost faith in Nintendo. The Super Mario Advance series was made over the entire course of the GBA's lifespan to make Nintendo more money, instead of being what it should've been...a compilation pack. (a la Super Mario All-Stars) so while the games were still fun to play, we didn't get a single new platformer, which was pretty inexcusable for being Nintendo's prime franchise. Even Zelda and Metroid got new games. I also found the Mario Bros. clone to add insult to injury, as when I found it entertaining the first time around, packaging the exact same one three times later felt lazier than NSMB2, instead of releasing a different mini-game like Donkey Kong or Wrecking Crew.

As for the sports titles, sure they were fun, but they had already been done...to death! And are still being done...to death!

As for Mario PInball Land, if you enjoyed it, that's great...personally I didn't. I thought it was awful...like worse than awful. Like...hated every stinking moment I played it, while trying to somehow get into it. I even enjoyed Metroid Pinball better!

I did enjoy the Mario Kart and the Mario vs. Donkey Kong games, although not the best renditions i had ever seen. The only one that was A+ for me was Superstar Saga.

Long story short, the reason i call the GBA life of Mario "bad" is because it was...in essence, just reusing old property. Like I said, fun as they were, that's when I stopped praising Nintendo and started constructively criticizing them, because they clearly wanted my money more than making me an original Mario platformer for the first system I could ever afford to buy with my hard earned childhood dollars.
#13Kooky_von_KoopaPosted 12/5/2012 11:01:33 AM
Mariofan15 posted...
Your obsession with NSMB2 is the same I have for Superstar Saga.

Unhealthy? Stupid? Insane? Stupid?

Well... Not that much.
---
I am not changing this signature until Mewtwo/Dr. Mario is confirmed for Smash 4.
Jesus is the best ever! (B)uilt (O)n (S)elf (S)uccess.
#14Gogo726Posted 12/5/2012 9:31:13 PM
StarmanJunior posted...
Uhhh...yes it did. Every single Mario platformer was an already existing port hastily packaged with the same Mario Bros. clone and given stupid voices to characters, individually sold so the big N could make more money...then there were MORE Mario Tennis and Golf games, and the ludicrously balls Mario PInball Land.

To be fair, Yoshi's Island had 6 extra levels.
---
Jackass Thompson doesn't approve of Wii Music. He's on a crusade to put an end to sax and violins in games
#15StarmanJuniorPosted 12/6/2012 1:34:06 PM
Yeah and the SMB3 port had a few extra levels, but it wasn't enough, unless it was a compilation game. Like I said, great games! Bad way to re-release them.
#16SpoinkRulezzPosted 12/6/2012 4:14:23 PM
Although looking back it's disappointing that the GBA didn't get its own, unique Mario platformer, back then I sure didn't mind them bringing back the classics. Gave me my first opportunity to play Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island and the graphically updated Super Mario Bros. 3 (which we did own on the NES). Never got the SMB2 port though.

Superstar Saga was absolutely fantastic, one of my favorite GBA games. I haven't actually played any other GBA Mario game, but from what I hear, they're all good except for maybe Pinball Land.

If you count it, there's also Mario vs. Donkey Kong. I've never played one of those, but I'm interested in trying one sometime!
---
Now playing - Tales of the Abyss, Batman: Arkham Asylum