Return to Dreamland or this.

#1LePhenomPosted 7/27/2012 4:08:27 AM
If I only want to pick one, which should I chose?

I guess this one because it`s a 6 games compilation, but in a 1 vs 1 VS any of these games, is Return to Dreamland better?
#2Great_STreasurePosted 7/27/2012 5:14:22 AM
Return to Dream Land is basically Kirby Super Star turned into a full game. If you like that style of gameplay, I'd go with that. Also, I'd do it on the notion that the Challenge Stages from Kirby's Dream Collection: Special Edition originaed from RtDL (and the new Challenge Stages are basically expert level and expanded upon). To be honest I think I would go Dream Collection because I like the soundtrack that comes with it. Another thing to add to my Nintendo Anniversary collection (the first being SMAS25 and the second being LoZSSLE)
---
Official Gene Wedge of the Pokemon Boards (Translations...!)
Hm. Looks like I started a chain reaction. Wonder what'll happen elsewhere...
#3PedroMontanaPosted 7/27/2012 5:42:04 AM
If you want to buy one now and consider to get the other one later, i'd say get Dream Collection first.

I'm pretty sure the price of KDC will stay pretty stable for a long time, because of the bonus stuff it comes with.
Return to Dreamland is a normal game with a high production run, the price will likely only sink over time.

It also makes sense because you would play the games in chronological order instead of starting with the newest one.
I'm not saying that story is important in these games, but you will see certain developments - just look at how DDD is the final boss of DL and ends up as a playable character in RtDL.
I also think that some references in RtDL are more fun to notice when you played the other games before.
And finally, i think it's a better experience to start with the most primitive Kirby game and play the most refined one as the last.
---
No More Heroes
#4kirbymastahPosted 7/27/2012 6:02:41 AM
return to dreamland is the best kirby game IMO, though most people do agree it's one of the best.

but... you should probably get this, because as the above posters said, it'd nice to play chronologically (despite no plot), price drops will happen sooner for return to dreamland probably (and will be in strong production), and so on.

But you should get both eventually =D
#5LePhenom(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2012 6:19:06 AM
Mmm I see, okay, I'll get this one first then. ^^

Also, music is a very important part to me... is the music also good in Return to Dreamland? I know I love the old Kirby tracks even if I only rented Superstar a couple times as a kid, and played the original one a couple times.
#6kirbymastahPosted 7/27/2012 7:54:06 AM
LePhenom posted...

Also, music is a very important part to me... is the music also good in Return to Dreamland? I know I love the old Kirby tracks even if I only rented Superstar a couple times as a kid, and played the original one a couple times.

Personally I love the music in KRtDL. IMO it's the best in the series, though many will disagree with me on that. Still, the majority of the music is fresh, new, and fits the levels very well. It does have some remixes, just enough for nostalgia but not too many to be overkill (aka DKCR). A lot of the soundtrack is orchestrated. The main theme is amazing, so are the credits, the boss theme, the true final boss's theme, and so on.

If you like orchestrated soundtracks, you'll like a lot of KRtDL's music. Really, it comes down to personal preference, though I think most people at least enjoyed KRtDL's music.
#7Great_STreasurePosted 7/29/2012 8:55:00 PM
LePhenom posted...

You should look out for the KIRBY Wii MUSIC SELECTION if you're interested in RtDL's music. And you'd better get good at the game because you have to finish both Main and Extra Mode to get all the music from the Sound Test.

The only reason I suggest getting the Music Selection instead of a gamerip (which is more complete and contains unused variations of music) is because there are three bonus tracks on there not present on the game itself.
---
Official Gene Wedge of the Pokemon Boards (Translations...!)
Hm. Looks like I started a chain reaction. Wonder what'll happen elsewhere...
#8LordBowserPosted 8/9/2012 12:21:10 AM
Return to Dreamland if you own/have played these classics. If not, it's a toss up... Return to Dreamland is AMAZING, but, these are the classics!

If you have friends to play these games with, get Return to Dreamland in my opinion first... do get the other, regardless of which you get first, at some point though.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#9LePhenom(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2012 8:51:44 PM
I'm gonna play alone, I don't play with friends anymore (live too far away).

So yeah, I'll start with this collection, and I might pick up Return to Dreamland if I want more Kirby action in the future, but it might take a while because my gaming life is... busy, to say the least (have a pile of games to play, so even picking this one up is kinda crazy but I've always been interested in giving a real chance to the Kirby series as I like platformers and Nintendo).
#10Jack_the_monke7Posted 8/15/2012 5:11:00 PM
LePhenom posted...

I loved the music in RtDL. I'm not too big on music in games most of the time but I really liked the music in that game and a few tracks really stuck out.