Least favorite Kirby Villain

#1blazingkirbes2Posted 10/8/2012 12:55:34 PM
Least favorite Kirby Villain - Results (30 votes)
Nightmare - Adventure/Nightmare in Dreamland
6.67% (2 votes)
Dark Matter/0/02 - Dreamland games + 64
3.33% (1 votes)
Marx - Super Star/Ultra
3.33% (1 votes)
Dark Mind - Amazing Mirror
3.33% (1 votes)
Drawcia - Canvas Curse
3.33% (1 votes)
Dark Nebula - Squeak Squad
36.67% (11 votes)
Yin-Yarn - Epic Yarn
23.33% (7 votes)
Necrodius - Mass Attack
10% (3 votes)
Magolor - Return to Dreamland
6.67% (2 votes)
Other - Name villain and game in comment
3.33% (1 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I have to that my less favorite is Nightmare, his battle (second form) is way too easy, even for Kirby standards. He's also never hinted at during the game at all, while all the other listed villains at-least appeared once before the final battle.
#2IronChef_KirbyPosted 10/8/2012 3:22:24 PM
Other: Grill from Kirby Super Star Stacker
---
http://i.imgur.com/N5pP6.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/5Of7P.jpg
#3kirbymastahPosted 10/8/2012 4:28:23 PM
Dark Nebula from squeak squad. Kinda came out of nowhere, was a mediocre boss with tons of build up... leading to a very easy boss, that can be owned by any ability. Not really a suitable finale.
#4LeftyGreenMarioPosted 10/8/2012 5:01:55 PM
Dark Nebula is colorless. Yin-Yarn is another ridiculously easy fight, especially in the second phase. Play with Prince Fluff and you might see what I mean.
---
Every time I post, Wario gets killed. Also, Mario > Luigi.
BabyLuigiOnFire is my sister.
#5Kirbyiscool19Posted 10/8/2012 8:38:53 PM
Epic Yarn was never a game about incredible difficulty, it's moreso getting the highest score/100%, which is hard as hell.
---
>>>>>HI EVERYONE<<<<<
GT:Kirbyiscool19
#6DescentorPosted 10/9/2012 8:39:41 PM(edited)
Hmm...Between Yin-Yarn and Dark Nebula:

Yin-Yarn: An original villain at least... and was there the whole game. HOWEVER, the battle was completely anti-climactic, was the worst and least original BOSS of the entire game, and unlike every other Kirby Final Boss ever...didn't actually have an original Boss theme... and even if it did, the Pinball Mash-A fest wouldn't allow you to hear it anyway...

Dark Nebula: Apparently the ruler of the underworld...got locked in a chest. A chest we thought the whole time was cake. Cake that Kirby decided to go on a grand killing spree for. No build-up, and in fact, if Kirby instead went to the bakery to grab another slice, it wouldn't have been released, and everyone would go on their merry way. But moving on to the battle itself... Its a Black Star with an Eye... that's fine, but its nothing more than a Miracle Matter wannabe with only 3 powers, and dies in a few seconds... And that's it. At least Miracle matter was invincible to all powers but the element it was, Dark nebula simply gets owned by ALL POWERS, ALL THE TIME.

So thinking that over... Dark Nebula! Piece of cake.
---
Pkmn Black Name: (Chris!!) FC: (2541 5761 3414)
Intel Core i7-870 | GeForce GTX 560 | 12GB DDR3 1600
#7LinkTheLeftyPosted 10/9/2012 8:59:05 PM
Dark Nebula being the ruler of the underworld was a bad translation (Kirby games were in kind of a rut in terms of localization quality between Nightmare in Dream Land and that game). In actuality, Dark Zero was the lord of darkness. Contrast with Nightmare's role in the anime as the emperor of darkness... Anyway, I would vote for it, but frankly I don't even consider it a villain - if anything, Daroach was the real antagonist of the game. Dark Zero basically became the final boss and was there for the ride. In its first taste of freedom since somehow becoming Dedede's royal treasure for who knows how long, it tried to gain a body, then failed and tried to escape from Kirby until it was cornered and weakly defended itself to the last. I actually feel bad for it...

Let's see... I like all the classic villains, and Drawcia and Magolor weren't so bad. I'll give Yin-Yarn a pass because the game was lighthearted enough (even for Kirby). So for me, the decision rests between Dark Mind and Necrodius, even though they're both important to their title's gameplay. Dark Mind indirectly made Dark Meta Knight, which created the multiplayer Kirbys and (theoretically) split Meta Knight's heart between good and evil halves. Necrodius was pretty much the closest at killing Kirby (though off-guard) out of all the villains, plus Mass Attack wouldn't make sense without him in the story. But what are these villains? At least the others had some semblance of background (however little). Dark Mind at least had a relatively tough series of fights - I don't know what was up with Necrodius, and why his design changed in the fight compared to cutscenes. Heck, even Mass Attack's sub-games are there to remind us that there are better Kirby villains.

So ultimately, I'm going with Necrodius.
---
"A gas leak after AoL makes the people of Hyrule lose their minds. The CD-i games take place after this event." ~ BrentD1992
#8DescentorPosted 10/10/2012 5:41:57 AM
^ Thanks man! I feel kinda bad for not knowing that about Dark Nebula/Zero already as big of a Kirby fan as I am... As for Dark Mind, I always thought of him as a Mirror World version of Zero... but yeah, there's really not much explanation of WHAT he is...
---
Pkmn Black Name: (Chris!!) FC: (2541 5761 3414)
Intel Core i7-870 | GeForce GTX 560 | 12GB DDR3 1600