Question about preordering

#1intdex88Posted 6/23/2012 11:56:48 AM
I was wondering for those who have used nin-nin games before. When you make a preorder do you have to pay for it after submitting your order? Or are we charged for the order when it is shipped?
#2intdex88(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2012 12:02:55 PM
In addition, I was also wondering does nin-nin game update their website often? Basically if they are sold out of an item for preorder will it actually say that on their site? Or will it still say it is in stock when it is actually out?
#3stealthgigaPosted 6/28/2012 5:01:21 AM
Sorry to hijack this thread since I don't want to create another pre-ordering topic ^^;

I want to ask about AmiAmi since I have been Play-Asia customer for a long time but think about giving AmiAmi a try, since AmiAmi is even more direct from Japan and sometimes has exclusive bonus.

It's kinda a silly and simple question but to those of you who pre-order from AmiAmi, which shipping method do you use? Is it EMS? I don't think EMS is as fast as Fedex (I usually chose Fedex for Play-Asia, but is it generally faster than Play-Asia normal shipping (which is 1-2 weeks?)

And usually how do the prices compare to Play-Asia?

Response appreciated since I just pre-ordered Project X Zone First Print Run from AmiAmi (Play-Asia tends to be slow on putting up pre-orders, causing me to forget and when I remember... preorders are closed -.-)... This will be my first AmiAmi purchase ^^;
---
Check out my gaming diary! http://helugame.wordpress.com/
My progress and screenshots of Japanese games
#4lambchipsPosted 6/28/2012 5:17:21 AM
stealthgiga posted...
I want to ask about AmiAmi since I have been Play-Asia customer for a long time but think about giving AmiAmi a try, since AmiAmi is even more direct from Japan and sometimes has exclusive bonus.

It's kinda a silly and simple question but to those of you who pre-order from AmiAmi, which shipping method do you use? Is it EMS? I don't think EMS is as fast as Fedex (I usually chose Fedex for Play-Asia, but is it generally faster than Play-Asia normal shipping (which is 1-2 weeks?)

And usually how do the prices compare to Play-Asia?

1. i use EMS, they are much faster than fedex for me (located in australia)
UPS>EMS>fedex
to my experience

UPS= 2 and a half days days from HK (including sat/sun)
^ i usually miss the first delivery because i dont wake up on time... the second delivery is usually around 12pm

EMS= 3 days from HK(inlcuding sat/sun)
^ they usually come by at around 10am-12pm

fedex= 4 days from HK
^they come really late... around 5pm
fedex is more expensive because they handle the parcels with more care (thats what my friend told me)

that said i only used fedex twice some 3-4 years ago... i usually stick with UPS and EMS as a backup

i like UPS because their tracking number actually works the whole way
and
EMS tracking number only works for a while... then the number no longer works when its on the flight
^makes estimating the flight route pretty hard, it shoudnt matter to most people anyway
i only care about that stuff because i like calculating how long/far my parcel has traveled vs how much i paid for shipping

2. its cheaper than play-asia, but amiami dont give our 5 dollar coupons like PA

i like amiami more... play-asia ships the item 1 hour earlier than amiami but that doesnt matter because the parcel ends up on the same flight anyway

PA has more shipping options and customer service replies much faster to emails
---
phantasy star zero FC- 2364- 5734-1428
#5stealthgigaPosted 6/28/2012 5:35:42 AM
Sweet, exactly the kind of information I'm looking for, thanks man! XD
---
Check out my gaming diary! http://helugame.wordpress.com/
My progress and screenshots of Japanese games
#6StarCreatorPosted 6/28/2012 6:56:30 AM
EMS tracking works from end-to-end for me - it uses the local postal services for each country it traverses, so you get more/faster information if you use the tracking service for whichever country the package is currently in.

I have all EMS packages shipped to my PO Box and it's held there until I sign for it - super convenient, since I'm never home during delivery hours to sign for stuff.

And yes, AmiAmi has some sort of exclusive bonus with the game. So does CD Japan. (If it's anything like the previous Project DIVA bonuses, each store has a different one that will be described at a later date.)
#7rvsoldierPosted 6/28/2012 8:43:07 AM
Is it still possible to preorder from anywhere? And what's the price like.
#8ThomasTruongPosted 6/28/2012 11:55:18 AM
Amiami has had the best prices before shipping for me, however, they are strongly against canceling any orders. I've be able to cancel a preorder once, but that's because I switched to a different version of the item.
---
XBOX Live: Cutie H0ney / Steam ID: Cutie_Honey / PSN: CutieHoney
http://www.thomastruong.com
#9dmgfanPosted 6/28/2012 8:51:55 PM
intdex88 posted...
I was wondering for those who have used nin-nin games before. When you make a preorder do you have to pay for it after submitting your order? Or are we charged for the order when it is shipped?

I've used nin nin games before. When you preorder the amount is taken from your bank balance to see if you can pay for it. Once approved the money is back in your bank account ready for the release date. The money is taken out completely when the game is shipped
---
PSN: ratchan
Playing Blazblue: Main - Taokaka "the Pinball", Sub - Litchi/Bang/Nu
#10intdex88(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2012 10:35:51 PM
dmgfan posted...
intdex88 posted...

I've used nin nin games before. When you preorder the amount is taken from your bank balance to see if you can pay for it. Once approved the money is back in your bank account ready for the release date. The money is taken out completely when the game is shipped

What happens if I preorder the item and I don't have the money ready in my bank account right now?