A different DLC question

#1Akira502002Posted 9/22/2012 11:03:51 PM
If I were to import this and then by some miracle this comes out state side would I be able to use the american dlc on the JP cartridge?
#2BelengerPosted 9/22/2012 11:13:16 PM
No, the ID on the JP game and the impossible to happen NA game would differ and that alone would made the dlc incompatible, there's some examples of this already happening on Gravity Daze (Gravity Rush on western territories), where the DLC are not universal.

Can you run the game? yes, will you be able to get dlc from the JP store while using your american? Nope, after the changes on the fw for 1.80, we are not allowed to access more than 1 store/psn id per memory card.
#3Akira502002(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2012 9:37:06 AM
ah thank you, i guess i'll just have to live without the DLC as i don't feel like/care enough to switch memory cards.
#4BelengerPosted 9/23/2012 11:01:01 AM
So far only modules/accesories where teased as dlc, actual songs? not yet.

I really wish sony could get their brans back and gives us again the option to buy from... anywhere and play it, just like ps3 or pre 1.80.

But I would have more luck wishing to a falling star superpowers than Sony actually doing something productive to their userbase.
#5StarCreatorPosted 9/23/2012 2:53:08 PM
Belenger posted...

I really wish sony could get their brans back and gives us again the option to buy from... anywhere and play it, just like ps3 or pre 1.80.

But I would have more luck wishing to a falling star superpowers than Sony actually doing something productive to their userbase.

Crossing PSN content between accounts wasn't universally possible before 1.80 either.
#6BelengerPosted 9/23/2012 3:32:47 PM(edited)
Belenger posted...

Crossing PSN content between accounts wasn't universally possible before 1.80 either.

No?, oh assumed that it was due to the lack of info around on how stuff was prior to 1.80, so you could access other psn by resetting your console but you had an option to actually not format right?, that way the stuff was in card but not deleted right?

In that case I wish they actually implement cross-psn, because right now this is even going backwards compared to psn on psp.
#7miyuki308Posted 9/23/2012 5:53:04 PM(edited)
It's in place to prevent DLC sharing. I've seen it happen in a few places where people would pull together money to buy DLC on a "public" account, then the people would log onto that account to get the DLCs.
---
Playing: PSO2, Project DIVA f (Take my money, SEGA!) / On Hold: P4G, Nayuta no Kiseki
Anticipating: Zero no Kiseki Evo, Atelier Totori Plus
#8BelengerPosted 9/24/2012 9:51:03 AM
It's in place to prevent DLC sharing. I've seen it happen in a few places where people would pull together money to buy DLC on a "public" account, then the people would log onto that account to get the DLCs.

Well this was kinda destroyed already since they reduced the 5 slots sharing to only 2, so again this is mostly only hurting paying customers.
#9miyuki308Posted 9/24/2012 10:02:28 AM
The reduced sharing happened at around the same time Vita was released to the market, IIRC. Maybe it's somehow related. :x
---
Playing: PSO2, Project DIVA f (Take my money, SEGA!) / On Hold: P4G, Nayuta no Kiseki
Anticipating: Zero no Kiseki Evo, Atelier Totori Plus
More topics from this board...
Thinking of buying this gameSuishi47/30 3:38PM