Great Earphones/headphones for Ps Vita?

#1RankGamePosted 2/17/2013 2:09:14 PM
I've recently bought ps vita with project diva f, and i'm wondering is it a good idea to buy this earphone http://www.staples.com/office/supplies/StaplesProductDisplay?storeId=10001&catalogIdentifier=2&partNumber=101214&langid=-1&cid=PS:GooglePLAs:101214&KPID=101214 ?? if there's a better one i would like to buy it then, if it's possible i dont really want it to be so expensive like $30+ and it has to be comfortable and good quality too :DD Thank you.
#2Larry_MPosted 2/18/2013 4:18:33 AM
RankGame posted...
I've recently bought ps vita with project diva f, and i'm wondering is it a good idea to buy this earphone http://www.staples.com/office/supplies/StaplesProductDisplay?storeId=10001&catalogIdentifier=2&partNumber=101214&langid=-1&cid=PS:GooglePLAs:101214&KPID=101214 ?? if there's a better one i would like to buy it then, if it's possible i dont really want it to be so expensive like $30+ and it has to be comfortable and good quality too :DD Thank you.

I'd say get them. I did for my Vita and like them. They do take some time to get use to like that of a new pair of shoes but when you do they feel nice. I was in the same boat on finding some good cheap earphones and am glad I came across these ones.
#3Demeanor190283Posted 2/18/2013 1:20:25 PM
I'm not really an expert on this, but I surfed quite a bit looking for some good ear equipment (we ARE Vocaloid fans after all ^ ^), and this is what I'd recommend:
- Shure SE-215, these are my current earbuds, a bit pricey but very good; good foam fit, inobtrusive, ergonomic and replaceable behind-the-ear cables
- Sennheiser CX 300, great performance and resilience for their price
- Klipsch Image S4, I had these, they perform very good for their price, but personally I came across some issues with them: they broke quite fast (after about 6 months, the cables are very thin) and I never really managed to get a good fit for my ear

My advice is to read many reviews, both official and user ones, establish a price range and make an informed choice, especially if you mean to allocate a nice budget to this.
Also, please PLEASE treat your equipment with the utmost care, I learned my lesson with the Klipsch and if properly handled they can last a long time.
#4skinggPosted 2/21/2013 7:21:01 PM
Anyone tried with any serious headphones?
---
PSN:skingg-R
Now Playing : Gran Turismo 5, Super Street Fighter IV
#5x1o8xPosted 2/21/2013 8:39:20 PM
skingg posted...

I used to play with Alessandro MS2i + G-bowl pads before I sold the headphone... If you're into serious headphones, by all means go for it. Project Diva f has excellent quality when it comes to the music... in fact, the music in the game is far better than the ones in the official album lol
---
RO R3 Asuna
PSN: thora_x1o8x
#6skinggPosted 2/22/2013 12:13:38 AM
x1o8x posted...
skingg posted...

I used to play with Alessandro MS2i + G-bowl pads before I sold the headphone... If you're into serious headphones, by all means go for it. Project Diva f has excellent quality when it comes to the music... in fact, the music in the game is far better than the ones in the official album lol

Why did you sell the headphone? I'll see if my store has the Alessandro MS2i to sample. And have you or anyone tried hooking a good headphone to a DAC? I'm new to portable audio gears but am interested to get a headphone with a DAC both total within the 1k price range to go with Vita and my aging PSP :P
---
PSN:skingg-R
Now Playing : Gran Turismo 5, Super Street Fighter IV
#7XerainPosted 2/22/2013 7:01:04 PM(edited)
My favorite pair of Earbuds is the Motorola Rokr. They are a (comparatively) good quality headset and inexpensive. Yes, I understand the value of entry level and high end headphones and ear buds. But there's no way I'm gonna walk around in ear buds worth over $25 when at any given moment they can be wrenched from my head and smashed the ground. No you're not gonna literally gonna walk with the Vita. Of course I mean travel in general; using your Vita as a portable system. Even being as careful as I could, my ear buds wouldn't last me more than 3 months. They'd get caught on something or stretched in my pocket even tough I bundled them up neatly, and that'd be it for them.

Then I found the Motorola Rokrs. These things actually have real wires in them still! Of course stuff like Senheisser has real wires, but I'm comparing them instead tot eh Sony and Phillips ear buds you see for sale everywhere, if that wasn't already evident. Anyhow, point is the sound quality and build quality are a lot better than the crappy commonly found ear buds for not a whole lot more. The fulfill my need perfectly for something that is decent and won't bring me to tears when it inevitably gets snagged on something and gets ruined. Especially because they do hold up to those snags. The pair I have now I've been using for over 2 years. They have holes in the outer wire casing covered with tape, and the inner wires are visible near the mini plug. But they still work. And they only cost me like $20.

The main draw back? They are discontinued. Get them form sellers on Amazon while you still can.
---
Sliced bread is over hyped. I give it a 5.
~~Xerain
#8BelengerPosted 2/22/2013 8:18:30 PM
Tried with HD25, AD700 and a DT770 (250ohm), while the vita can actually power this headphones, damping hits too hard, the output itself isnt that shabby but it isn't that good, using the dock combo + amp + headphone did the work, but it's quite cumbersome for a portable experience, directly the HD25 works somehow, just with the expected little bass experience.
#9x1o8xPosted 2/23/2013 12:00:09 AM
skingg posted...
x1o8x posted...
skingg posted...

Why did you sell the headphone? I'll see if my store has the Alessandro MS2i to sample. And have you or anyone tried hooking a good headphone to a DAC? I'm new to portable audio gears but am interested to get a headphone with a DAC both total within the 1k price range to go with Vita and my aging PSP :P

I started using hi-fi speakers more and headphones less... plus I wanted the money to get some motorcycle accessories so off it goes. I still have my hippo 10 earphone to use tho so it's no big deal, though it's definitely not as good as the alessandro ms2i.
---
RO R3 Asuna
PSN: thora_x1o8x