Soul Sacrifice vs God Eater Burst

#11mms78Posted 8/31/2013 6:15:47 AM(edited)
RPGgamemaster6 posted...
...Download keys for content that's already in game in "not"matoda posted...
again. it was more likely to be patched in

saying there is update DLC but no DLC is a bit silly when you yourself have said that content was downloaded in the patches. even if it is then unlocked with keys

it was not packaged with the game. and in this case it's free DLC. but again the issue isn't about the time release scheme.

...If your downloading licenses which 100kb each what exactly do you think their purpose is? It's for content that's already packaged in the game, but it's locked. At this point your trolling or you don't know much about the video game industry.

ummmm..... how dense are you?

SS original file size from PSN - 1.8Gb

SS current file size after 2 patch/updates - 2.4Gb

Yeah, the additional pacts were included in the patches/updates and were NOT ON THE CART! The 100kb keys are merely to unlock those pacts that were included from the patch/updates.

Case in point, once you downloaded the second patch/update that brought the version to v1.20, the "fellow sorcerers Heretic Savior story line" was added and DID NOT REQUIRE a 100kb unlock key. It was not on the cart. If it were, all you needed was an unlock key...but nooooo... you had to download the update.

If you still can't see it, then you are the one who is trolling as it is obvious that you are trying to spread your lies.

Edit: If you want more proof, go and restore/reset your SS game cart deleting all the patches/updates and keys. Then go and just download the 100kb keys but DO NOT UPDATE! Lets see if the keys will unlock the pacts that you claim are already on the cart without the patches/updates. I'd do it myself, but I have the digital copy and there is no way in hell that I'm gonna re download 1.8Gb of data.
#12YamotoXPosted 8/31/2013 7:33:22 PM
defenitely ss. i already played god eater 2 demo and the graphic is on par with ragnarok odyssey (it is not bad but i expect more from g.e 2 actually).i know this about g.e.b but i just give my sincere opinion about demo that i had played.

the 2nd reason is that ss mission dont have have time constrain in most of the mission. i prefer this because i like to think carefully and construct best strategy to win because im not a very good gamers. i need some times to win and construct strategy to win.

in addition most of the enemy can be defeated within less than 10 minutes even in a high rank enemy, if you have proper sigil and spell. this is very important to me especially for thus who still study either in high school or university like me who are very busy but still cant resist playing game lol

the spell in ss also is very unique because it have a lot of weird spell like blood spell and golem spell which is very unique

ss also implement level style which allow people to construct their character to holy,neutral or chaos mode which is very interesting

in terms of story i prefer ss because i like dark and twisted story like in the ss. but g.e.b also has a great story but i stil prefer ss

in terms of music both is on par, i really like the headquarters music on g.e.b as well as g.e.2 \

well this is just my humble opinion, i dont mean any offense because both of the games are excellent games but i personally prefer s.s
#13YamotoXPosted 8/31/2013 7:55:36 PM
oh yeah about the packaged dlc i think its is not important to argue because in my opinion even the dlc actually already in the game or not in the game, thats doent mean we dont need to pay for it, i prefer in game dlc because it will save my money from buying more memory card. playstation all stars dlc for example is more than 800mb (oh my poor 4gb memory card)

i know the definition of DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT but if the intention of the developers want us to pay for the dlc we still need to pay for it. it is much better if it packaged/in game dlc so that all of us dont need to waste out time to download gigantic file and waste space in our memory card because in end...we still need to PAY for it. why must we prefer waste out money for new memory card and time?

and yes ss not totally in game dlc because the updates contain dlc that they newly create though. after we update, than only we can play the dlc. i tried not to update and only download dlc but it will cause dlc unplayable. so the update actually sort of dlc + correction for any glicth
#14RPGgamemaster6Posted 8/31/2013 8:14:11 PM
In most cases, developers make you pay for on disc dlc.
---
PSN(Vita) - ChaosX6 | Xbox - Dragonkid6
3DS FC: 5112-3485-8994 [Dragonkid6]
#15matodaPosted 9/1/2013 3:50:59 AM
as mms78 has already gone over the finer points of the Soul Sacrifice patched-in DLC, this one will just add a little. okay, that's a lie

- traditional DLC - pay > download > install > get goodies

- cart/disc-locked content - pay > get unlock code/key > get goodies in something already bought

- patch-in DLC - download patch with bug-fixes, updates, and locked boxes [DLC assets] > get unlock code/key > get goodies. you STILL HAVE TO DOWNLOAD IT

Soul Sacrifice has DLC that was not in the original game. it is still download content rather than disc-locked content

as for WHY would they opt for this ?

short answer - that's how it was in the Japanese version so it's easier to just release things in roughly the same method

long answer - it works better

traditional DLC works fine for single-player games
play > get patches/bug-fixes here & there
for any actual DLC - pay > download > install > play

games that have some multiplayer functionality & multiplayer games - it's generally better to have content patched-in so that ALL players have content added. players can then choose to buy the DLC & unlock it for themselves, or not. even if they don't; the patch means they have the assets already in their game so they aren't barred in online play with a message that says 'you do not have the required content'

it comes down to compatibility issues. by patching in assets it means people with the DLC locked can play with people that have it unlocked & vice versa
case in point - this one would go online Wednesdays to play with NA players to access new Soul Sacrifice missions, since the AU PSN updates on Thursdays. we could do the missions, fight the bosses, get the essences, get the sigils - since the content was already downloaded via the patch. we just couldn't 'select' the missions ourselves since we had not received our key yet

on the other hand non-patched-in DLC -
- Resident Evil 6 paid DLC maps - players that bought the maps are only able to play with other players that bought the maps - it was not patched-in or disc-locked, and had to be downloaded after purchase

- Dead Rising 2 : Off the Record - the store page has a whole bunch of DLC multiplayer characters listed. most [if not all] of which are in pairs. for each multiplayer character DLC, there are two downloads -
1/ 'free compatibility download' which are new character assets. it explicitly says 'you must download this to be able to play with other players using this character'
2/ the paid unlock key that lets you use the character

by comparison it's a lot smoother to patch-in assets & then have unlock keys. it means hot-seat multiplayer games can keep their drop-in multiplayer functionality without stopping the player every time they try to join in a game where they hadn't downloaded the latest gun or character or whatever. other than having to update to the most recent patch, of course

then finally there's generic skin/costume/colour DLC, which, generally aren't patched in. these generally don't change how the game actually plays, so you can still play with people that have DLC you don't. you'd get a message saying something like 'you do not have the costume DLC the other player has' and just see them in their vanilla/stock-standard skin/costume/colours/etc

<insert something witty in response to comment about trolling and not knowing much about the video game industry>

TL:DR patch-in DLC is still DLC & works better for games with multiplayer
---
You look well, child.
#16RPGgamemaster6Posted 9/1/2013 11:30:43 PM
In my original statement I said SS had no DLC, then in my very next comment I apologized and said it does have I forgot about the update package. And all I've since then was the DLC has locked content in order to length play time on the game. Make any excuse you want, that's real reason they do it that way. It's not evil or wrong, just pathetic. Any other DLC comment was made about console disc games. At least others comments before typing a tangent.
---
PSN(Vita) - ChaosX6 | Xbox - Dragonkid6
3DS FC: 5112-3485-8994 [Dragonkid6]
#17gadgaurdPosted 9/2/2013 12:06:13 AM
RPGgamemaster6 posted...
In my original statement I said SS had no DLC, then in my very next comment I apologized and said it does have I forgot about the update package. And all I've since then was the DLC has locked content in order to length play time on the game. Make any excuse you want, that's real reason they do it that way. It's not evil or wrong, just pathetic. Any other DLC comment was made about console disc games. At least others comments before typing a tangent.

Hold up: Them updating a game we already bought and adding more to it to lengthen our play time, while not charging us a dime, is pathetic?

Please, do go on.
---
Vesna esta holicia.
#18matodaPosted 9/2/2013 12:51:33 AM
all that was written was in relation to the Soul Sacrifice patch-in DLC

your initial agreement to the above statement had been taken lightly since you continued to mention that unlock keys do not constitute DLC since it simply unlocks content already available. mentions also of the time-release scheme - something which we had already stated was not the issue. yet you continued on about how it's pathetic, and that we were trolling and did not know about how things work in the game industry

arguing about DLC and how other companies force you to pay for locked content can be taken that you were still arguing Soul Sacrifice has no DLC and that the content is already on the cart

if that was not your intention and you fully understand that Soul Sacrifice DOES in fact have DLC and that your comments about unlock codes not being DLC since other games tend to have disc-locked content was your main intention - please be aware that not clarifying such details lead into situations like that which had occurred in this topic.

the flow of your writing is easily taken that you disagree with what this one has written in relation to Soul Sacrifice patch-in DLC rather than discussing DLC in general

we probably should have explicitly stated repeatedly that we are discussing Soul Sacrifice patch-in DLC. though we thought it was fine not to have to specifically mention it repeatedly since it seemed to be the topic at hand, and not DLC & disc-locked content in general.

for that, we apologise.
---
You look well, child.
#19mms78Posted 9/2/2013 2:54:01 AM
YamotoX posted...
oh yeah about the packaged dlc i think its is not important to argue because in my opinion even the dlc actually already in the game or not in the game, thats doent mean we dont need to pay for it, i prefer in game dlc because it will save my money from buying more memory card. playstation all stars dlc for example is more than 800mb (oh my poor 4gb memory card)

i know the definition of DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT but if the intention of the developers want us to pay for the dlc we still need to pay for it. it is much better if it packaged/in game dlc so that all of us dont need to waste out time to download gigantic file and waste space in our memory card because in end...we still need to PAY for it. why must we prefer waste out money for new memory card and time?

and yes ss not totally in game dlc because the updates contain dlc that they newly create though. after we update, than only we can play the dlc. i tried not to update and only download dlc but it will cause dlc unplayable. so the update actually sort of dlc + correction for any glicth

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you. Developers who include the so called "DLCs" on the disc/cart already and just have you download 100kb keys to unlock the content after paying for the "DLC" is wrong and unethical. You already spent $40-$60 on the game only to find out that there are contents already on disc that are locked and you have to fork out another $5-$10 just to access the content that is already on the disc which "you already bought" is just wrong.

To illustrate, DOA2 on PS2 had ulockable costumes. You just had to complete or achieve certain things to unlock them. I remember that you can unlock around 1 dozen costumes for the female characters and around 2-3 for the male characters. Now, in DOA5+, to access the same costumes that were unlockable in DOA2 for FREE, you now have to pay more moneyz. Sure, there are 2 or so unlockable cosutmes, but what is 2 when compared to 1 dozen?

Remember Castlvania Symphony of the Night? you can unlock a second castle and add additional gameplay equivalent to the original castle. Now? you have to pay for EVERYTHING! even if those dlcs are just an hour long.

I blame everyone who goes "OMG new DLCs!!! WOOOOWWWWW We loves you developer!!!! I will buyz them all!!!!" bunch of blind sheep who cant see that they are being taken advantage of.
#20mms78Posted 9/2/2013 2:59:51 AM
gadgaurd posted...
RPGgamemaster6 posted...

Hold up: Them updating a game we already bought and adding more to it to lengthen our play time, while not charging us a dime, is pathetic?

Please, do go on.

I'll have to agree with RPG here. Sure, the dlcs are free and its nice that they are giving us more content for free, but I find it stupid to lock the content and have them unlocked periodically to artificially lengthen the interest in the game. I would have preferred that they gave access to all of the dlcs included per patch.

Then they could have just announced a paid dlc. Yes, new dlc that was not part of the original game and is actually a real dlc, is ok with me. Just as long as the length/size of the content is proportional to its would be prize...

on a side note, didn't they say that they planned on having paid dlc? what ever became of that? are they still pushing through with that or is it now in limbo due to the lackluster vita sales?