VC cr@p is pretty disgusting.

#1TriangleHardPosted 10/4/2012 10:34:14 AM
Sad to see 2K stooping down to EA level.

Instead of solving the actual problem (reset of MyPlayer every year, forcing mindless grinding, not allowing most players to see fraction of the mode before buying next year's game), they are trying to take advantage of people by saying "We have solution! You just have to pay up to use it though!"

Which also completely throws off the competitive balance of My Player, which I thought was the reason why the mode was so limited with customization in the first place.

At least give offline players the freedom to make their MyPlayer the way they want or something.

I love how well they made the game, but this disgusting business practice makes me not way to support this franchise anymore.

I don't think this would've happened if EA stepped up with Live series. Monopoly sucks.
#2XavierKnight4dPosted 10/4/2012 11:18:48 AM
so youre angry that you can buy vc to unlock things or build your attributes if you want despite the fact its completely not mandatory? the microtransaction business model you can thank farmville for.

if you were complaining about the blue diamond pack that gives you some jewelry for your myplayer and a permanent skill boost of +10 to all attributes for 24.99 then Id support you because that is garbage. i mean if you want all the customization options for my player its 40 dollars to buy all the jewelry packs.

However VC doesnt bother me
---
Undead
Psn: Xavier_magnus
#3MiNuSxMuZiKPosted 10/4/2012 1:02:54 PM
Topic creator is saying you should be rewarded with good play and spending time with the game...not you spending 6 days to accomplish the same thing someone did in 2 minutes by sending 2K $40 for upgrades...
---
"My Dream Game Would Be...GTA With The Details Of A Metal Gear Solid Game...Rockstar And Konami Teamed Up!"...
#4DaGreatOnelolPosted 10/4/2012 1:05:47 PM
I don't see how this is atrocious when you can basically farm VC points and build your skills..
#5RintonPosted 10/4/2012 1:21:49 PM
TC's right - sort of.

First and foremost - The game is significantly stingier this year when it comes to VC/SP. You don't get as much per game in the MyCareer gametype. That sucks a lot. Dangling the microtransaction carrot in front of us is painful, but frankly it's more upsetting that you hardly develop at all this year from game to game. Atleast over the last 2 years you could develop pretty quick into the player you wanted to be without financial contribution.

This is NOT the big problem with VC though - MyTeam is. MyTeam is not a playable mode past the 8th seed without a huge financial investment. Every team you play working towards the 7th seed will have LeBron, Kobe, Durant, CP3, Howard, D.Will, Rose, etc etc etc on the roster, and you will not win. The mode is ruined, and it sounded like a lot of fun initially.

So lets say you're going to grit your teeth, lose 8 or 9 games out of every 10 and play MyTeam - you can't play MyCareer because your VC gain is cumulative, so you're spending VC on one or the other. The game discourages you from playing both modes via the VC system.

Now, if they'd just offer to let me buy another MyPlayer slot (you can only have 1 MyPlayer) I might consider investing in that, but I haven't really figured out how to enjoy this year's game.
#6TriangleHard(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 1:36:28 PM
You guys r missing the point.

My point in all that rambling is that career mode has problem.

The amount of grinding required is flawed for single player mode getting updated every year. When large number of users dont get to see much of the contents, its a problem.

I was hoping 2k will come up with an elegant solution. Perhaps converting last years save file into points for at least offline single players. Instead what 2k did was they took advantage of the situation, and instead of giving players solution, they created problems instead by making it pay to win for online mode, killing online mode completely, and to enjoy single player fully, either you have to have a lot of free time grinding, or pay up.

Anyway, I find it disgusting that devs would charge players to fix problem they created. MLB the show had elegant way of fixing their problem by giving points for simulated games as well. I wished for that kind of solution rather than ideas that tries to nickel and dime players.
#7RintonPosted 10/4/2012 2:01:48 PM
See, I disagree with you on that point. In both of the last 2 years I had a 90+ rated player by the end of my first season, and was able to play/sim at my leisure from there. Last year I gto into the hall of fame without any issue, and it never felt like grinding.

Set the game to 12 minute quarters and play every game. It's not grinding, it's NBA basketball. You've got a year to play until 2k14. Remember that this IS a basketball simulator and not an arcade game.
#8TriangleHard(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 2:19:23 PM
^so, its realistic that after a player plays half the season, maybe they will be able to afford arm band?

Also the beauty of sims games are that they let you live you fantasy. Which is why 2k gives you option to tweak stats and stuff for your players, and let you create players n teams etc.

That lack of freedom makes that mode very limited in terms of players trying to live their fantasy of having nba career.

Also I played 12min qt as well, and doing that for 2 years in a row got me quite sick of this mode.

After 82 games and playoff, my player rating was 82. Not high, but enough for me to have fun with using my player. In other words I had to grit my teeth and go through all those games using cr@p player I didnt want to use. Just when I finally got fun to play player, it was time for me to get 2k13.

To me thats not fun.
#9RintonPosted 10/4/2012 2:25:08 PM
Hey man, I'm not telling you you're wrong, I just disagree with you.

I finished my first season on my SF last year relatively quickly, got my first title, simmed 2 more seasons winning 3 back to back championships, signed a high-dollar contract with the Suns, played another full season, simmed a season and retired. Then I did the same thing again (only playing 1 full season and simming 4) and retired a PG.

Did I put a lot of hours into the game? Yup. The difference between us though, is that I actually enjoy playing my 60+ ranked newb. It really makes you think about how to not suck, as opposed to just winning every game because you can shoot the 3 on every break. It was cool to have to play team ball for half a season while I developed, and fight for minutes and all.

I haven't gone through a season yet so I can't say with any certainty that I can get to a 90OVR player in 1 season this year, but I'm willing to bet you can get pretty good in 1 season.
#10TriangleHard(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 2:41:17 PM
^thats the thing. Career mode dont accomodates everyones taste.

I wouldnt have minded this as much if 2k didnt shove it in my face saying pay us $12 if u wanna have fun.

Why not just let us make the rookie we want to make instead of uaing this chance to sqeeze more money out of players?