Grade during Rookie Showcase

#1BadudanPosted 10/5/2012 8:59:59 AM
Hi guys. I'm just curious about other people's grades during the Rookie Showcase. I had a B- but still ended up pick 13 of the Phoenix Suns. Although my grade sucks, I had 20 assists, 1 rebound, 0 points and 3 steals. Oh and by the way, I'm a pass-first PG.
#2jadakiss88Posted 10/5/2012 9:22:12 AM
For the most part you did your job as a Pass First point guard. I'm an athletic sg i don't remember my stats exactly but I finished the game with a B rating and was picked 11th by the Trailblazers. Kinda of pissed I shut down Austin Rivers but he still got picked at 10.
---
Now look at this, everybody talking goon talk
Like they ain't never seen somebody knock a goon off
#3Badudan(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2012 9:25:56 AM
jadakiss88 posted...
For the most part you did your job as a Pass First point guard. I'm an athletic sg i don't remember my stats exactly but I finished the game with a B rating and was picked 11th by the Trailblazers. Kinda of pissed I shut down Austin Rivers but he still got picked at 10.

Do we even get the chance to be drafted higher than the first 10 picks? I mean, weren't those the actual picks from the draft last June? I just thought they based these picks in-game from the real draft picks. XD
#4Mercilus_OnePosted 10/5/2012 9:35:22 AM
I may be wrong but I believe the teammate grade affects more in this game than last years BUT it still doesn't mean a whole lot. I really believe its the stats that'll boost your stock to go higher in the draft. The highest I've heard someone went, without cheating, was 4th. I don't remember exactly what he did but that's what I saw. I think it's somewhere in this FAQ or elsewhere.
---
"What don't kill you, makes you stronger."
#5Sasuke_ItachiPosted 10/5/2012 9:39:08 AM
For some reason I always do awful at the Rookie Showcase this year.

But once I'm with my actual team I put up great numbers and get good teammate grades.

As for the Rookie showcase, I think I had like 14 pts, 4 assists, 2 rebounds, 1 block. But my shooting percentage was awful and wasn't very good on defense so that affected my teammate grade. I think I finished with a C+ or B-, as an Athletic PG.
---
Black FC: 3740-1920-5856
#6DBecks7ManUPosted 10/5/2012 10:37:25 AM
Yea, I was a Scoring PG and pretty much raped the game with like 20 or so points and around 13 assists with like 6-7 boards. I played most of the game so my Teammate grade was an A or A-. After the game my player got a good review and I was interviewed by the Cavs, Wizards and Kings with the 3,4, and 5 picks. I pretty much told Cavs and Wizards that I wasn't interested because they're already all set at the PG spot so the Kings drafted me at #5. I'm pretty sure your teammate grade dictates how your player is reviewed before the draft and when he gets drafted.
#7jadakiss88Posted 10/5/2012 10:53:04 AM
DBecks7ManU posted...
Yea, I was a Scoring PG and pretty much raped the game with like 20 or so points and around 13 assists with like 6-7 boards. I played most of the game so my Teammate grade was an A or A-. After the game my player got a good review and I was interviewed by the Cavs, Wizards and Kings with the 3,4, and 5 picks. I pretty much told Cavs and Wizards that I wasn't interested because they're already all set at the PG spot so the Kings drafted me at #5. I'm pretty sure your teammate grade dictates how your player is reviewed before the draft and when he gets drafted.

Yea I agree..I think Ronnie2k showed that you can go first overall but I don't know if that takes a perfect game or what. Davis was going on off anyways so I didn't want to mess up the game by not passing him the ball.
---
Now look at this, everybody talking goon talk
Like they ain't never seen somebody knock a goon off
#8Sasuke_ItachiPosted 10/5/2012 11:05:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChtNqJ8C6NU&feature=g-u-u

This guy shows how he got drafted number 1.

The numbers that he put up were:

35 points, 9 rebounds, 8 assists, 3 steals, only 1 turnover and 73% shooting from the field. A+ Teammate Grade rating.
---
Black FC: 3740-1920-5856
#9XavierKnight4dPosted 10/5/2012 2:03:52 PM
it depends on your team mate grade mostly and interview answers. ive done two showcases. the first was legit i was projected #1 but i screwed up my interview by accident so i decided to redo it. the second i saved after every letter grade increase and exited if i lost a letter grade.

first showcase
team mate grade A
35 points
9 rebounds
13 assists
5 steals

lost by one in OT
total vc earned: 455

drafted 3rd as Athletc PG

second show case

team mate grade A+
27 points
6 rebounds
12 assists
4 steals
1 block

won by a bunch
total vc earned 493

drafted #1 as athletic pg
---
Undead
Psn: Xavier_magnus
#10Badudan(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2012 2:52:10 PM
Wow. Congratulations to the guys that got drafted above 5th overall. I guess I'll do the Rookie Showcase again. Good thing I didn't start my first NBA game. So then the target grade is A or A+ to get a higher draft pick. One last thing. For those who got drafted 1st-5th pick, do you get to start for your team?