Come on people... On Ball Defense please

#1melongstrikePosted 10/16/2012 1:49:01 PM
Think about it.

If people wanted to play the cpu they wouldn't go online.

So, before going online please go through the tutorials and get some confidence.

If I see you playing the majority of defense using the cpu I will quit in a heartbeat.

My record is 11 - 23 with 20 quits under my belt.

To the few that actually play on ball d

THANK YOU.
#2carlos2324Posted 10/16/2012 1:57:20 PM
I like playing D, add me: carlos2324
#3The_Ecstatic329Posted 10/16/2012 2:01:58 PM
Haha this is interesting and I agree. I played a friend the other day and he won. I used to beat him but he now uses the defensive settings of tightly guarded on my guys. He said his team was cheap but it wasn't I just said nah man you're not playing D you're letting the AI play me on the tightest settings, while you camp in the paint. I play on the ball and find it hilarious when I fall for pump fakes or get blown by, it's what adds to the fun especially when you're playing against friends. At the end of the day though I guess a win is a win.
---
It's spelled ridiculous not rediculous.
#4SGamePosted 10/16/2012 3:34:01 PM
I don't mind it. I think it makes it a little bit more fair for newcomers going against guys that been playing non stop since it came out. Now are you complaining because you can't beat the computer D?
---
"Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi"- Jango Fett
#5buttcobellPosted 10/16/2012 3:47:27 PM
Onball D is actually better if you do it right. You can stop drives and get a hand in their face right away when they shoot the ball. It's way too easy to shoot j's or drive the lane and pass to the open man when they just camp in the paint.

It's just the noobs who dont know the animations and the advanced L2 + right-stick defense yet. I was guilty of it also.
#6Sasuke_ItachiPosted 10/16/2012 3:47:35 PM
It's the fact that you're basically playing against the computer when you're on offense. Completely destroys the concept of playing online against a human.

It's not about the cpu defense being good or bad, why go online when you'll just face the cpu as opposition.

So yeah people, man up and play on-ball-D online.
---
Black FC: 3740-1920-5856
#7teamsteven01Posted 10/16/2012 4:42:04 PM
20 quits because they arent playing defense? maybe you should just get used to it? i play on ball defense, and also dont sometimes, this seems to be how most people play.
---
God is adults' Santa Claus.
#8melongstrike(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2012 6:11:50 PM
To be honest if I am playing a human and if I am winning vs Computer D I am not having fun.

I put a lot of long hours where it matters most (Practice) .. I know Iverson wouldn't agree lol

But I want to see how much I progressed vs human players. I can play computer all day

I actually feel bad because I played b ball so if I play off ball d with cpu help I beat teams by 20+ and they end up quitting because I off ball better than they do

I like trying to break bad habits and playing defense prevents me from careless reach ins and bitting for pumps when I shouldn't.
#9SGamePosted 10/16/2012 6:56:57 PM
The thing is you are not always playing against people who play as much as you do. Some people need help or else they would get blown out every single game. Obviously if they are using the computer for defense that means they are not good enough yet to do it on their own.
---
"Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi"- Jango Fett
#10TigerMan09Posted 10/16/2012 8:08:39 PM
On ball defense controls are garbage