Anyway taken a charge with flopping yet?

#1whodeynotdatPosted 10/11/2012 7:30:03 PM
I've taken one in about 30 tries.
---
Michael Jackson was the king of pop. It's time to crown eminem the king of rap.
#2Artha_PennPosted 10/11/2012 8:09:23 PM
enlighten me, please. what is flopping?
---
Everyone can use a little brother.-Lance Penn
Xbox Live GamerTag and PSN Name: KatoriaTheRed
#3Son_of_SnoopPosted 10/11/2012 8:18:44 PM
It's when a player "sells" a foul by throwing themselves backward or exaggerating the contact so that the refs will be more likely to call it. It's a bunch of bs, but players have been doing it for a long time.
---
Memphis Tigers, Go Big Blue!
Not changing this signature until the Memphis Grizzlies win the NBA Championship. YAGB
#4Ajd44Posted 10/11/2012 8:19:55 PM
Artha_Penn posted...
enlighten me, please. what is flopping?

When players intentionally fall with little or no contact to bait a ref to blow a whistle in their favor.
#5Son_of_SnoopPosted 10/11/2012 8:27:50 PM
>_>
---
Not changing this signature until the Memphis Grizzlies win the NBA Championship. YAGB
#6Ajd44Posted 10/11/2012 8:32:28 PM
Don't give me that face. I didn't see your message before i posted mine >:(
#7Son_of_SnoopPosted 10/11/2012 8:34:15 PM
Ajd44 posted...
Don't give me that face. I didn't see your message before i posted mine >:(

Lol, sorry, my brother. Attitude retracted.
---
#8Artha_PennPosted 10/11/2012 8:42:28 PM
heh either way, thank you both for the reply on that. I haven't seen it yet, but it sounds hilarious. :) Though I DO like the addition with the fakeout layup and dunks where they pass it off right under the basket as they go up :)
---
Everyone can use a little brother.-Lance Penn
Xbox Live GamerTag and PSN Name: KatoriaTheRed
#9Son_of_SnoopPosted 10/11/2012 8:49:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I65Lqjh4fo

Visual aid?

To answer the original question, though, no I haven't. I get called for a block every time. But I'm probably just not that good at it.
---
#10Mon_Dieu_MelPosted 10/11/2012 10:16:56 PM
... for some odd reason, I started using it while playing Defense CONSTANTLY, one game. I would set my guy up to get knocked off by the dude with the ball, his teammates, and anybody else who initiated contact; the cathartic quality of unleashing my inner Ginobli had me laughing so hard I thought I was going to puke, but I only got called for ONE charge during the entire debacle.

The rest of the time, the ref just ignored my antics. Schmuck.
---
Shut up, fatty. -Mon Dieu Mel