I can't make a jumpshot to save my life.

#1MrDrManPosted 10/21/2012 2:18:59 PM
The only person I can manage to hit jumpers with is Kobe. Everyone else no. They completely ruined the jumpshot animation. It's so slow and awkward. This game is f***ing awful.
---
This message has been approved by MDM, the mutha****in' boss.
#2Lozenger04Posted 10/21/2012 2:24:48 PM
huh? I had to lower the jumpshot sliders because I was making everything. Of course I only play on All-Start so maybe that's why, but I think it's way too easy to shoot them.
#3MrDrMan(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2012 2:26:50 PM
I'm not saying the stats are off. The animation is just slow as f***. It's not realistic at all. Every time i go up for a jumpshot I feel like I'm moving in slow motion.
---
#4MrDrMan(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2012 6:22:20 AM
Oh my god if I could make a jumpshot I'd win every game by 20 points.
---
#5jayCORLEONEPosted 10/22/2012 6:32:31 AM
Online or offline? I can understand online, but offline it's quite easy to make jumpshots. If online, just adjust to the lag. Release earlier than you usually would (i.e. before you can see the shooting animation finish off)
---
Wondering Asian journalist working with the likes of VGChartz.com, Videogamer.com and HipHopDX.com.
#6travisl20Posted 10/22/2012 6:40:42 AM
Player has to have shot creator skill. Kobe is a beast because he has dead eye and shot creator skill. Shoot the ball once you create space with a crossover or step back don't take a dribble after a dribble move shoot ball right away. Play a game where both teams have shot creators and pratice.
#7MrDrMan(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2012 9:12:46 AM
Online. I'm missing so many goddamn wide open midrange jumpers and 3's it's ridiculous. Why didn't they just keep the jumpshooting how it was in 2K12? It was perfectly fine. Now I can't make anything to save my life. I'm getting demolished. I'm f***ing 3-10 because I can't manage to hit any jumpers. They are f***ing idiots.
---
#8pianoBradPosted 10/22/2012 8:59:07 PM
I've actually found that I need to release later than I had been accustomed to in 2k12 in order for the shots to consistently fall in 2k13. Last year, it seemed like you needed to release just before peak jump, and now it feels like it must be at least peak or even later.

Do you think the timing of release varies accede ending on the animation being used?
#9Sasuke_ItachiPosted 10/22/2012 9:12:19 PM
It's not about the difficulty of shooting or having certain skills, all shooting animations seem slower this year and to get a perfect release it feels like you need to hold it for a crazy long time.

I had the Jordan shot in 2k12 and it had an insanely fast release which I got perfect nearly all the time.

I tried the same one in this game and the animation is just a lot longer and you need to hold it for a long time to get a perfect release.
---
Black FC: 3740-1920-5856
#10MrDrMan(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2012 1:37:18 PM
Finally got the jumper down and today I'm 8-2. I was getting blown out before but today the only games I lost came down to the very end. Its so much easier when I'm actually a threat from outside. Now that I've got it figured out I don't plan on losing. My record is still pretty trash because I kept losing games. I've went from 3-14 to 11-16 today so hopefully I can at least break even before the day is over. I absolutely HATE having a bad record and I'm off to a horrible start.
---