I just found out why all of a sudden I couldn't hit layups, and it was my fault.

#1oldschooldogyPosted 10/31/2012 4:31:12 PM
When I first starting My Career mode I was using the Rookie Guard layup package, and I was hitting a very high layup percentage. Halfway through my season I purchased the Elite Guard layup package. The rookie package is just basic layups, but the elite guard package has layups where the player changes his shot. Because I haven't unlocked Acrobat I was missing almost every layup because this skill most be required for advanced layups. The same when I unlocked MJ's runner package. In everyone of his runners he switches hands or changes his shot so my success was very limited without Acrobat. I just switched back to the Rookie Guard package, and I'm hitting layups again.
---
This thing is all about respect. That's what its all about.
#2mark_98Posted 10/31/2012 5:02:26 PM
wait, where do you set up the packages?
---
it has been porevn taht as lnog as the frist and lsat ltetres are crorcet, yuor barin has the pwoer to rcegnoize the wrods. Eagles, Raptors, Leafs
#3oldschooldogy(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2012 5:12:09 PM
When you're in My Career mode just click on player and go to edit at the bottom.
---
#4CiAv2Posted 10/31/2012 5:15:36 PM
mark_98 posted...
wait, where do you set up the packages?

You purchase Dunk, and Layup Packages in the Animations section. You just go to Edit Player, and scroll left to "Signature", where you choose your shot form and base, and other shot animations. At the bottom are your Layup and Dunk Packages.

TC, thanks for posting this. I think when I started MyCareer, my Layup Package was Rookie; when I just checked it, it was on Pro for some reason. Maybe this is why I can't hit any layups that aren't 100% free of defenders. I'm hoping, at least!!
---
CiA in da house! Yeah Baby!
http://www.bungie.net/stats/halo3/screenshot_viewer_popup.aspx?fs=true&ssid=315330
#5invaderjim17Posted 10/31/2012 6:29:48 PM
i figure i should share this

certain dunks and lay ups are just plain bad

the classic lay up( Dr.J) is practically useless most of the time

the D-Rose and Rondo lay up are hard to pull off and if you manage to pull it off, it does nothing in higher difficulties.

michael jordan dunk only activates on the open floor and has an extremely low chance of completing in traffic
#6oldschooldogy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2012 5:01:25 AM
Acrobat skill is invaluable for those who love flashy layups. I just purchased the first 2 levels of Acrobat and equipped the Classic Layup package. Around 2 minutes into the game I pulled off the classic Dr. J layup from behind the backboard and completed it even though there was slight contact. It was amazing! Then I was getting guarded by Greg Oden. I did a spin move and went into a layup were he had the ball in his right hand, switched it to his left, switched it back to his right hand again while in the air, made contact, and still hit the shot. I had to replay that one of couple of times. Before I equipped Acrobat I missed every flashy layup where there was contact because the player always changes his shot at contact. Now I'm hitting them regardless. I had to sacrifice my Pickpocket skill to equip Acrobat, but it was well worth it. I was only getting about 1-2 steals per game with it except that one where I got 12. I can get a couple of steals just on the fact that my steal is at 95.
---
#7QB_gullygamerPosted 11/1/2012 7:19:13 AM
Good topic TC. From my experience with this series most of the advanced moves are garbage. Just added animations which give the defense more time to recover and contest/blk your shot. In 2k12 the rookie package was priceless. Quick and efficient and very easy to change up under defensive pressure. Most of the guards in the game bring the rookie package as default.

Simplicity wins out over flashy/complex most of the time in this game. This applies to all dribble moves, shots, layups, dunks, etc
---
I can't believe I live in a country where Casey Anthony will make more money than me
#8maxmillionePosted 11/3/2012 7:41:27 AM
Oh snap Old school, perhaps this is the reason I've been missing sooo many layups lately. I had switched from rookie layup to jamal Crawford and all I do is miss easy layups now. I'm switching back. Good. looking with the post
---
Run!! Goooo!! Get To The Choppaaaa