I need rebounding tips asap

#1_Sazando_Posted 11/18/2012 10:46:08 PM
noway my 7'0 SF should be getting only 4 or 5 rebounds a game (8mins quarters)

I should easily get double that and it's pissing me off
---
http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/7051/image141f.jpg
#2DuceDestinyPosted 11/19/2012 12:32:27 AM
Are you going for rebounds with good timing? Honestly it's easier to crash the boards coming from the wings especially as a SF with decent athleticism.

4.5 Reb per game is not bad for a SF depending on where you usually are on the floor when the shot goes up. If you want more rebounds then you just need to guess the angle of the rebound and go after the ball. Speed and vertical helps a ton. When down low, box out and fight to maintain position.

Side note: what's with all the freakish players people want to make? So many 6'7 point guards and 7' centers...
---
If you like big men, it would be Wilt Chamberlain. Or if you're racist you're gonna pick Larry Bird - Horry
#3DragonisLeonhartPosted 11/19/2012 1:22:21 PM
As it stands right now, you're going to have trouble rebounding until they patch the offensive rebounding for the AI.

DuceDestiny posted...
Side note: what's with all the freakish players people want to make? So many 6'7 point guards and 7' centers...

Those are what we call scrubs, since they feel that they need their MP at maximum height to be effective against opposing defenses and having their shots challenged.
---
Immortality isn't a gift. It's a responsibility.
#4BlazingxPaddlesPosted 11/19/2012 1:51:17 PM
For some reason, players over 7' have a harder time rebounding. I have a 7' center and could only get five or six. Made a 6'10 PF, now I get 11-15 per game, 7 min quarters.
#5ScarfForLifePosted 11/19/2012 5:36:47 PM
I have a 6'3'' PG who gets 3.5 rebounds a game. I regularly get 4-8 though.

And yeah, wtf is up with the tall players. I've played blacktop with a lot of ridiculously large pg/sg and sf.
---
Poster's currently stalking: AlCalavicci, capri, scary ghost man, MaleSlayer
Why Not? 2012
#6DuceDestinyPosted 11/19/2012 11:01:59 PM
DragonisLeonhart posted...
DuceDestiny posted...

Those are what we call scrubs, since they feel that they need their MP at maximum height to be effective against opposing defenses and having their shots challenged.

That's the sad truth... Those are also the majority of people who played crew which also ruined that... If 2K ever brings it back I hope they seriously increase the speed advantage of smaller players
---
If you like big men, it would be Wilt Chamberlain. Or if you're racist you're gonna pick Larry Bird - Horry
#7ledzepp27Posted 11/20/2012 9:17:08 AM
I have a 6'5 sg and I average 7 rebounds. I think the main thing is boxing people out. Before I started boxing out I would just stand in a good position and when the ball came off the rim I'd jump and then someone behind me would jump into me and get the rebound and my player would slide out the way.