How to get your overall up - My Player

#1Caboose321321Posted 1/1/2013 12:39:07 PM
I'm a SG, stupidly, 6'6 and I chose to be a scorer. My overall is a 68 and I don't know what to raise in order to raise my overall.

I feel like I should've been a PG since I would've had the ball handling and still could score, somewhat like Kyrie Irving.

Any suggestions on what to raise in order to raise my overall?
#2SagoriousPosted 1/1/2013 12:58:14 PM
Don't worry about your overall. Earn VC and improve in the areas you need to perform better. The overall will take care of itself.

I do think the basics like shooting, handling, rebounding and passing have more bearing than shot in traffic for example. I don't know for sure though.
---
If it goes to the wire/ I will never fall I got the soul of a fighter/ nobody's gonna love me like me, so I'm my soul provider - Joe Budden
#3sicpuppy3Posted 1/2/2013 4:26:30 PM
Offence/defence awarness raises ur overall alot
#4JohnnySomethingPosted 1/2/2013 5:14:10 PM
sicpuppy3 posted...

True, and yet they don't really help you as much. So you might be a 75 or something, but you'll still basically be playing like a 68.

As stated, just don't worry about your overall. Worry about specific areas of your game.

Shoot off Dribble and Shoot in Traffic are pretty cheap and they seem to make a good difference for their cost, depends on whether you're more of a shooter or a slasher which one you'll prefer.

Speed and Quickness also never hurt, but they are so expensive you can often put like 5 points into something else for the cost of 1 point of Speed. (At least once you hit the 80s). Quickness isn't quite as bad, but still tends to be expensive.
#5MrFingers07Posted 1/2/2013 5:22:21 PM
I find defensive awareness helps you alot on defense. but that's just me.
---
:D Brawlin' Mains: R.O.B., Lucario, Pikachu, Wolf
#6CMJokerPosted 1/3/2013 12:17:55 AM
JohnnySomething posted...
sicpuppy3 posted...

True, and yet they don't really help you as much. So you might be a 75 or something, but you'll still basically be playing like a 68.

As stated, just don't worry about your overall. Worry about specific areas of your game.

Shoot off Dribble and Shoot in Traffic are pretty cheap and they seem to make a good difference for their cost, depends on whether you're more of a shooter or a slasher which one you'll prefer.

Speed and Quickness also never hurt, but they are so expensive you can often put like 5 points into something else for the cost of 1 point of Speed. (At least once you hit the 80s). Quickness isn't quite as bad, but still tends to be expensive.

This for the most part. I always do mid-range shooting first, then off dribble and in traffic shooting. Then I add on ball defense and stealing, then some physical attributes like vertical and quickness. After a while, you start to increase attributes based on how you play. If you don't like driving to the basket, don't waste point on inside shooting and dunks. If you hate shooting 3s, then don't add that skill.

I do raise defensive awareness because I feel like it does help you at least get in good position initially. However, offensive awareness is only useful against double teams, so it won't be needed until you start drawing consistent double teams. Even then, you just pass before the double arrives and call for the ball back.

Don't worry so much about your overall because as mentioned, you can be higher overall and still have bad skills in general. If you raise the attributes that fit your play style, you can play like a superstar and still be rated in the 70s.
---
Formally know as: OmegaNinja
More topics from this board...
2K13 servers are donednyPlaya24/10 10:26PM