They finally raised Harden's overall

#1MeRcYs2nPosted 1/5/2013 6:26:06 AM
Topic. Any thoughts?
#2TheJester2Posted 1/5/2013 7:48:38 AM
I'm not sure why. He still doesn't play ANY defense, and he isn't great at creating his own shot against really good defenders. Heck, Tyson Chandler is one of the best defenders and rebounders in the game and is rated a 77 (mostly becuse of his offense). I see Harden as a low 80's player, but that's just my opinion.
---
[This sig was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator for potential sexual innuendo]
PSN: Whsguy
#3ich3roPosted 1/5/2013 1:44:59 PM
TheJester2 posted...
I'm not sure why. He still doesn't play ANY defense, and he isn't great at creating his own shot against really good defenders. Heck, Tyson Chandler is one of the best defenders and rebounders in the game and is rated a 77 (mostly becuse of his offense). I see Harden as a low 80's player, but that's just my opinion.

Low 80s??? You must not watch basketball at all dude is unstoppable and only his 5th year. Top 5 scorer right now in the NBA
#4SK8T3R215Posted 1/5/2013 2:16:42 PM
TheJester2 posted...

Harden was a pretty good defender from what I saw of him in OKC, and he is getting to the line 10+ times a game and has a TS% of 60.3% this year. He's a pretty great offensive player, and deserves his updated rating.
---
New York Knicks, New York Jets, New York Yankees.
#5TheJester2Posted 1/5/2013 2:42:09 PM
ich3ro posted...
TheJester2 posted...

Low 80s??? You must not watch basketball at all dude is unstoppable and only his 5th year. Top 5 scorer right now in the NBA

He's also the ONLY scorer on the Rockets. Jose Calderon averaged almost 10 assists a game for at least a couple years with the Raptors, yet no one considered him to be a top point guard (and rightly so). Even bad teams score at least 70 points a game, and SOMEONE is going to have to have those points.

I'm not saying Harden is bad by any means. Harden is REALLY good, and is easily a starting SG on probably 20-25 teams in the NBA, but he's a liability on defense and can be slowed down (finals of last year, first game against the Thunder this year are 2 best examples).

People act lke the low 80's is a terrible rating. Kyrie Irving is like an 85 or something and he is an amazing talent in real life and in the game. Harden can drive, rebound well (for a SG), shoot 3's, pass relatively well and play average to poor defense. You know who else can do that? Jamaal Crawford and J.R. Smith. What are their ratings? And while Harden is better than him, is he really THAT much better?

Just wait until the last couple months of the NBA season when the good teams really start to crack down on defense. Then we'll see how high of a rating he really deserves.
---
[This sig was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator for potential sexual innuendo]
PSN: Whsguy
#6HadukenGod2Posted 1/5/2013 2:48:45 PM
how can i get artest to elbow harden in the game? i would realy like that

on the defensive end hes equaly as sorry as lin is a overal player
---
"You are a fool, I'm going to crush and throw you into the wind" -Vegeta
#7BTzzPosted 1/5/2013 4:49:41 PM
He's scoring 26 a game at 45%. Gets to the line 10 times a game, leading the league. One of the best offensive players in the game. By all accounts, improved drastically on defense last year in Oklahoma City, and gets 2 steals a game.

He's a damn good player. I understand his points are inflated, but generally if that's fluky it's accompanied by low efficiency, whereas Harden is still one of the most efficient offensive players in the game.
---
Xbox GT: Ian Bits
#8_Floater_Posted 1/5/2013 6:06:18 PM
TheJester2 posted...
ich3ro posted...
TheJester2 posted...

He's also the ONLY scorer on the Rockets. Jose Calderon averaged almost 10 assists a game for at least a couple years with the Raptors, yet no one considered him to be a top point guard (and rightly so). Even bad teams score at least 70 points a game, and SOMEONE is going to have to have those points.

I'm not saying Harden is bad by any means. Harden is REALLY good, and is easily a starting SG on probably 20-25 teams in the NBA, but he's a liability on defense and can be slowed down (finals of last year, first game against the Thunder this year are 2 best examples).

People act lke the low 80's is a terrible rating. Kyrie Irving is like an 85 or something and he is an amazing talent in real life and in the game. Harden can drive, rebound well (for a SG), shoot 3's, pass relatively well and play average to poor defense. You know who else can do that? Jamaal Crawford and J.R. Smith. What are their ratings? And while Harden is better than him, is he really THAT much better?

Just wait until the last couple months of the NBA season when the good teams really start to crack down on defense. Then we'll see how high of a rating he really deserves.

Bad example using Jose Calderon, one of the most underrated players in NBA history
#9A_Man3383358553Posted 1/5/2013 9:11:22 PM
I don't see what raising the height of a man's overalls has anything to do with basketball.
#10PaulkotsuPosted 1/6/2013 11:51:36 AM
Harden got 7 steals yesterday and this chump thinks he should be in the low 80s