A few questions about My Career

#1Pittfan86Posted 2/20/2013 7:37:02 PM
Why is itt so hard to steal the ball? i try like crazy to steal but ALWAYS get hit with reach in fouls. also, how is it that every time i try to pass the ball to a teammate being covered, it is ALWAYS stolen? But whenever one of my teammates passes to a covered teammate, the ball always manages to reach the teammate without it being stolen. has this happened to any one else?
---
360 Gamertag: HurricanePIT86
Currently playing: NBA 2K13, Madden NFL 13, Black Ops II, Battlefield 3
#2JohnnySomethingPosted 2/20/2013 9:44:10 PM(edited)
As for steals, it's really as simple as "stop trying to steal all the time." They purposefully made it punishing/difficult for people who like to hack and swipe at the ball all game (and thank god for that, honestly). Take a well-thought-out steal attempt every now and then, maybe try to play passing lanes (although that is a risk in itself).

Think about it, how often in real NBA do you see people constantly going for steals? And furthermore, getting away with it.

As for passing, I don't have much of a problem with it. Passing inside isn't supposed to be easy, and the longer the pass the more dangerous it is. It's probably just a thing where you need more experience/practice to get the hang of it.

Edit: And obviously I don't know what your stats/skills are, but getting your passing/stealing stats up is never a bad idea.
#3KHWyvernPosted 2/20/2013 10:09:29 PM
Don't try stealing, just don't, you'll get called for Reach-In Fouls every time.
---
You come out here with your bright ass purple shirt, your green shirt, before that your orange shirt, You look like A BIG FAT BOWL OF FRUITY PEBBLES!- The Rock
#4Pittfan86(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 7:19:58 AM
I'm lucky to get away with it once. But how come when I'm getting double teamed, I pass to an open player and the defender always steals the ball? But when my teammates pass to a player that is practically triple teamed, he connects with the pass every time. It's not even a long pass. It's about a 10 ft pass I'm both occasions
---
#5KHWyvernPosted 2/21/2013 9:56:50 AM
Pittfan86 posted...
I'm lucky to get away with it once. But how come when I'm getting double teamed, I pass to an open player and the defender always steals the ball? But when my teammates pass to a player that is practically triple teamed, he connects with the pass every time. It's not even a long pass. It's about a 10 ft pass I'm both occasions

Can't help with that really. What I'd like to know is why when I pass to someone and they make the basket why I don't get an assist.
---
You come out here with your bright ass purple shirt, your green shirt, before that your orange shirt, You look like A BIG FAT BOWL OF FRUITY PEBBLES!- The Rock
#6shogunbowlingPosted 2/21/2013 10:46:21 AM
KHWyvern posted...
Pittfan86 posted...

Can't help with that really. What I'd like to know is why when I pass to someone and they make the basket why I don't get an assist.

This. Some of the stuff that made it past testing in this game is mind boggling.
Also why do I have to reequip my shoes after every game to get the ratings boost? I will still wear the shoes but no boost until I equip them again. Anyone else have this problem?
#7KHWyvernPosted 2/21/2013 10:52:27 AM
shogunbowling posted...
KHWyvern posted...
Pittfan86 posted...

This. Some of the stuff that made it past testing in this game is mind boggling.
Also why do I have to reequip my shoes after every game to get the ratings boost? I will still wear the shoes but no boost until I equip them again. Anyone else have this problem?

Pretty much. I think my Team Grade would be higher then a damn C if the game actually acknowledged the assist that I should get.
---
#8goinKraziePosted 2/21/2013 11:55:32 AM
The CPU plays the passing lanes like a champ. But for me, I've learned not to immediately decide to pass to an open player off double teams. They tend to cut to the basket and will sometimes just walk into the defense and not give you a passing lane. If you are not able to get a pass to the open guy, try looking for someone who just has an open passing lane. Give it to them and hope they'll make the right play.

I don't go for on-ball steals much, so I'm not sure about that.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/jerom147
Celtics/Patriots Fan For Life
#9KHWyvernPosted 2/21/2013 1:49:03 PM
Ugh, another thing that's irritating me is me making the basket and the game not giving me the Good Shot Selection bonus.

Damnit 2k.
---
#10Pittfan86(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 8:23:29 PM
No matter what I do, it keeps happening. I think only twice I was able to pass to a covered teammate. Once I passed it to a teammate, he immediately passed to a teammate but lost the ball and I was credited with a turnover.
---