So our choices... do they actually make a difference? *Spoilers*

#21suprsoliderPosted 9/3/2012 2:34:15 AM
I just learned from replaying episode 1 yesterday that she is air force, that means training. Add that to either a or b and I see her being fine. I also see her with a weapon going back to motel for the left behind supplies then going to find the group for some revenge or boredom.
---

You do know that is the same Lily as the one in the comic that will

SPOILER

Kill Lori and the Baby when the Governor attacks the prison in the comics.
It's the same Lily that kills the Governor
---
"Those who say it's impossible to do something should not disturb those who attempt to accomplish."
Wii Code:7975 8057 2122 7057 PSN ID: CF-105
#22Sol4688Posted 9/3/2012 5:28:36 AM
Foofyhead posted...
Even mean dudes are interesting. He was about as much of a villain as we've had in this game. I'd say even more so than the St. John's or the bandits. Zombies don't count.

Okay, from a story telling standpoint... Yes, they were interesting.

But from the practical, "if-you-were-Lee" standpoint, I don't want either of them around. Larry was just pure grade-A trouble from day one, and Lilly's support of him didn't help matters at all.
---
PSN: CrimeRoyal
#23jsquad4136Posted 9/3/2012 6:09:05 AM
'But from the practical, "if-you-were-Lee" standpoint, I don't want either of them around. Larry was just pure grade-A trouble from day one, and Lilly's support of him didn't help matters at all.'

And it turns out she's daddy's little monster too. It really does run in the family I guess.
---
"I haven't been a child since I was 9 years old."
#24PARAMYTASPosted 9/3/2012 12:33:15 PM
pillerofautumn posted...
Have you guys even played Mass Effect? It's not different than this game.

Regardless if you kill or save the Rachni queen in ME1, she is still there in ME3. And there are a bunch of other choices that are the same way.

I think you guys are seriously expecting too much. Video games require work to be made. That means people spending hours upon hours for months, maybe years to put it together. It takes this time with a linear game. Throw in a game that changes with your choices and you're talking about something that's just not going to happen. Heavy Rain was sort of like this, but the biggest "choice" in Heavy Rain was characters dying and the story still advancing. Everything else was like this game, dialogue choice, where people say different things depending on what you say.

And Heavy Rain took over 4 years to make. So instead of expecting this game to be some new type of video game that hasn't been made before, take a step back and remember this is an arcade game. Arcade games are usually smaller in every way than retail games. And for goodness sake, just enjoy the story and game for what it is, not what it could have been.

Complete BS! Mass Effect series is NOT like this at all. Your choices do matter! Take for example, choosing Kaiden or Ashley in Mass Effect 3, you still have an option in Mass Effect 3 and their fate isn't linear like this game. You can choose if they live or die. Same with Wrex, you will have a higher war asset mark in Mass Effect 3 if you don't kill Wrex in Mass Effect 1 but you will lose Salarian support in the porcess. Your romance option can be stuck with or you will get to choose one in all three games. In Mass Effect 3, the Rachni Reaper takes the place of the Queen if you kill her off in ME1. Mordin is replaced by another Salarian, Grunt is replaced by another Krogan, Garrus doesn't show up if he died in ME2, same goes for Tali but she's replaced by anothe Quarian, or Legion being replaced by another Geth. Anderson is placed in the role of the first human Counsilar and resigns by ME3, regardless in 2 he made damn sure you retrieved your Spectre status back if placed into the position where Udina could give a crap. So on and so forth.
---
It's not the games fault you have the attention span of a squirrel.
#25pillerofautumnPosted 9/3/2012 2:07:52 PM
@Para: And where in all that you've said do you see the difference? If you let a character die, they're replaced. If you put Anderson in the Council over Udina, Anderson still resigns and Udina takes his place. If you resign from the Spectres, you're still given Spectre status from the Council.

How as you were writing that did you not notice there really is no significance to your choice?
#26VincentsdreamPosted 9/3/2012 6:35:16 PM
Going by the argument "well carly dies in episode 3 so does that choice really matter?" Is kind of dumb. First of all, if you've had anything to do with the walking dead prior to this game and the tv series you know that NO ONE is safe. Characters you like will die. Characters who were saved previously...still end up dying. It happens. The fact that Carly died was a shock to me because I thought she was safe, shock isn't a bad thing. They caught me off guard which is kind of what the comic always does.

Just because they will eventually die doesn't mean saving them in the past doesn't matter. It completely changed the game. Saving carly opened up a potential relationship, it added some seriously depth to her death. I for one, would have been against leaving Lilly if that was doug. But it wasn't. It was carly, and Lee liked her a lot...so Lily had to go.
#27PARAMYTASPosted 9/3/2012 10:21:13 PM
pillerofautumn posted...
@Para: And where in all that you've said do you see the difference? If you let a character die, they're replaced. If you put Anderson in the Council over Udina, Anderson still resigns and Udina takes his place. If you resign from the Spectres, you're still given Spectre status from the Council.

How as you were writing that did you not notice there really is no significance to your choice?

The part where I stated based on your choices throughout the three games you get a varied number of war assets that contribute to the final assault.

Plus the part where I typed that unlike the Carley/Doug thing, you actually get to choose the fate of Ashley/Kaiden.

Unlike this game which forces you to go into the same direction no matter what (and that's not a bad thing), Mass Effect 1, 2 and 3 allows you to determine how your adventure will play out. Sure, you don't get Legion, but if you have his replacement there is no good outcome for both the Geth and the Quarians. It has to be one or the other which, as stated before your choices will play a major role in the final battle. Even now with the extended cut, you can see a difference.
---
It's not the games fault you have the attention span of a squirrel.
#28pillerofautumnPosted 9/4/2012 2:28:54 AM
War assets has decided no real effect on the game. You get more than 5000, you get the option for the best ending, less than 5000 and you only get 2 options. Which, might I add, all 3 endings were basically a copy pasta of each other.
#29jsquad4136Posted 9/4/2012 2:39:30 AM
Godammit people stop reminding me of Mass Effect 3's horrible ending. The MIB keep wiping my memory of the ending only for you people to come in and remind me of it. Bastards all of you.
---
"I haven't been a child since I was 9 years old."
#30iamnamtabPosted 9/4/2012 2:56:45 AM
AHAHA, I mentioned mass effect in one little thing as a little satire and now you're having an argument over it
---
Why do you care so much about my signature?