About the stranger *spoilers*

#1xenmindPosted 11/21/2012 10:18:24 AM
So what happens if you don't loot his carin chapter 2? What happens in chapter 5?
---
PSN: ZenMind, Gaming since 85.
#2grizz8884Posted 11/21/2012 10:20:34 AM
Nothing really, he's still upset that the rest of the group has stolen from the car. I had a feeling that this was going to come back and bite the group in the ***.
---
PSN: Mausberg_Reb
MGO ID: mausberg_reb
#3yenmaster1Posted 11/21/2012 10:29:03 AM
I didn't take the supplies and Lee stated such to him, but he still blames Lee because of the others who did take the supplies.
#4CrownClown555Posted 11/21/2012 10:39:15 AM
yenmaster1 posted...
I didn't take the supplies and Lee stated such to him, but he still blames Lee because of the others who did take the supplies.

Well actually he said he was coming to kill the other at first then when he heard about the danger he put Clem in he got mad, well he was crazy at that point anyway.
#5mylose64Posted 11/21/2012 3:04:18 PM
I didn't take the supplies and that whole scene irritated me. I thought I did everything right and this guy still wanted to kill me.

He was pissed I put clem through a lot of stuff, but that guy also lost his kid when he went hunting.... I didn't ever lose clem.
---
Liquid Snake: Snake, Did you like my sunglasses?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFlcqWQVVuU
#6FlareKnightsPosted 11/21/2012 3:10:38 PM
mylose64 posted...
I didn't take the supplies and that whole scene irritated me. I thought I did everything right and this guy still wanted to kill me.

He was pissed I put clem through a lot of stuff, but that guy also lost his kid when he went hunting.... I didn't ever lose clem.

Yeah, in the end there were no options to pick that wouldn't make him want to kill you. Just twist things into a negative somehow. In the end no point arguing with a crazy man.
---
"Many think that courage is power. Real courage is when you surpass your own desires to protect something dear.." Dan, Wild Arms
PSN:FlareKnights
#7zeik56Posted 11/21/2012 3:13:21 PM
I thought I did everything right and this guy still wanted to kill me.

I think that's kind of a problem right there. Very little of what you do in this game can be seen as undeniably "right". Just because you thought you were doing the right thing doesn't mean someone else will agree.

Also, if you didn't notice, the guy was kind of insane. He tried to rationalize that Clem was better off with him, but he talks to the undead head of his wife in a bag, he's clearly not rational.
---
~Mirror, mirror, on my floor, am I the prettiest at the store?
#8Kill_Jill_Vol_1Posted 11/21/2012 3:41:09 PM
He was a stupid pointless character who added nothing to the game or plot. Your character already realizes that taking supplies that isn't yours is wrong so it's not like anyone learned anything by going through this whole kidnapping ordeal. A Woodbury side quest would've been more satisfying than this. Maybe they're saving that scenario for Season 2.
---
Official Concubine of the NDF
3DS FC: 1032-2577-9994
#9WarDragon989Posted 11/21/2012 4:05:56 PM
I didn't like the stranger reveal. His plot was more one of those situations where he blamed you for everything though he caused it. Who in their right mind would leave a car open, with the lights on, door sound going off in the middle of the forest, and not lock the doors? I mean yeah convenience, the chance someone like the group showing up is pretty slim but still you don't leave it open like that!

Its like this guy was shoe horned in. If one of the brothers from ep 2 that you spared, lived and was the stranger, I can understand the episode or a pedo, but this character just felt random.
#10mignoncurieuxPosted 11/21/2012 5:01:37 PM(edited)
I agree with you guys. I did take the stuff from the car. I actually didn't see that catching up with me because they were gone. I assumed they must have died because why would you leave your car open to being looted like that. They were obviously dumb and he wasn't a good father since he took his kid out hunting and lost him.

He was also crazy, so no matter what he was going to try to kill Lee. He was crazy so there wasn't going to be any way to rationalize with him. ^.^

I am thinking he was around only to progress the story... otherwise I am not sure Lee and Clem would have gone to the hotel and she would have always wondered what happened to her parents. So that was closure for Clem.
---
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n116/sickoftheotherme/popcorn.gif