About the stranger *spoilers*

#11thablackreaperPosted 11/21/2012 9:47:44 PM
i felt the stranger was to compare him to constant idea of family/survival, he was in essence the Kenny without Lee there to check him. Here was a guy who put his family above all else, couldn't save them or do anything right no matter what he did. Things go south and in the end he lost his family, forced to kill his walker family, and basically seek revenge on those he blames for his problems as he can't blame himself.

I felt he was very much what kenny could or DID turn into pending on your play style, a reminder to Lee what could happen to anyone if they are strong enough to face the walking dead world.

It's one of the reason's i even made sure clem killed lee, because she could easily become as screwed up as Stanger and Kenny. I sure as hell didn't want to leave a chance that Clem would become a loon carrying Lee's head because she couldn't let go of him.
#12Kill_Jill_Vol_1Posted 11/21/2012 9:59:55 PM
thablackreaper posted...
i felt the stranger was to compare him to constant idea of family/survival, he was in essence the Kenny without Lee there to check him. Here was a guy who put his family above all else, couldn't save them or do anything right no matter what he did. Things go south and in the end he lost his family, forced to kill his walker family, and basically seek revenge on those he blames for his problems as he can't blame himself.

I felt he was very much what kenny could or DID turn into pending on your play style, a reminder to Lee what could happen to anyone if they are strong enough to face the walking dead world.

It's one of the reason's i even made sure clem killed lee, because she could easily become as screwed up as Stanger and Kenny. I sure as hell didn't want to leave a chance that Clem would become a loon carrying Lee's head because she couldn't let go of him.

I feel like his reveal technically did a good job in itself because no one would've guessed him. But then again, that's only because no one gave a **** about him and didn't give the car supplies a second thought. I feel like the husband (if there was one) of the crazy Wal Mart lady who was obsessed with Clem during the Motor Inn episode would've made a whole lot more sense than this dude.
---
Official Concubine of the NDF
3DS FC: 1032-2577-9994
#13zeik56Posted 11/21/2012 10:19:44 PM(edited)
I feel like his reveal technically did a good job in itself because no one would've guessed him. But then again, that's only because no one gave a **** about him and didn't give the car supplies a second thought.

That's why I thought it was a great twist personally. The supplies were a choice that had no direct consequences, so it was much easier for a lot of people to do the "wrong" thing simply because you don't know anything about these people. I really tried to play the "good guy" as much as possible, but that was one of the few moments I succumbed to pure survivalist instincts, even with Clem standing there trying to get me to stop. The very fact that it didn't seem like it mattered made the fact that it did matter at the very end so great.

Just having it be some random dude that's obsessed with Clem would not have done anything for me.
---
~Mirror, mirror, on my floor, am I the prettiest at the store?
#14maddawgPosted 11/22/2012 12:28:06 PM
I never would have guessed who he was so that was a nice twist for me. I would have liked an option where you could talk him into letting you have Clem and then there is no bloodshed but I guess the developers didn't want that.
---
PSN ID: ste_the_legend - Add me! (Mention GameFAQs in the invite)
http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/ste_the_legend