Ben and Kenny are horrible. - SPOILER!

#1RaymondPosted 12/9/2012 7:50:28 PM
Ben made a deal with the bandits that cause chain events and result in Carley got shot, Duck got bitten, Katjaa suicide because of Duck. He also caused the death of Chuck because he was too much a coward to save Clem when she was right next to him. I'm so glad I let him die.

Next is Kenny. He was a selfish **** who only care about his family.

He ran away instead of helping Lee to save Shawn. And I remember in one scene he ran away cowardly when he could've saved Clem.

He was also a hypocrite. When Larry wanted to throw Duck out because he thought Duck was bitten, Kenny went apecrap and defended his son. But when it came to Larry, he immediately assumed Larry is dead and killed him.

And since when he get to decide he owns the RV and the boat and who gets to ride them.
---
Spoiler is plot element, not your ignorance.
#2zeik56Posted 12/9/2012 11:45:46 PM
Kenny can be selfish and kind of an ass sometimes, but by the end of episode 5 I think he redeems himself.
---
~Mirror, mirror, on my floor, am I the prettiest at the store?
#3DealerofTruthsPosted 12/10/2012 3:53:00 PM
zeik56 posted...
Kenny can be selfish and kind of an ass sometimes, but by the end of episode 5 I think he redeems himself.

This 100% but in my file we got along well, to TC: he fixed the RV and the BOAT therefore they are his and he gets to call the shots.
---
You just got told the TRUTH!!!
#4GrrPHCPosted 12/10/2012 7:58:50 PM
Lmao, I LOVE how people act they'd be the voice of reason, super hero, greatest guy on earth in the case of a zombie apocalypse. You'd be selfish and only thinking of yourself and loved ones too.
---
http://card.mygamercard.net/lastgame/xI+AM+SHAD0Wx.png
#5XRizeleaXPosted 12/14/2012 5:57:36 PM
GrrPHC posted...
Lmao, I LOVE how people act they'd be the voice of reason, super hero, greatest guy on earth in the case of a zombie apocalypse. You'd be selfish and only thinking of yourself and loved ones too.

Who knows.The world isn't in the middle of an apocalypse yet.But seriously,I would think the only logical thing is being the voice of reason,and to watch out for others since you're possibly the ONLY living people on earth.
---
Will not change this signature until a female protagonist for Persona 4 is made.
#6maiden1993Posted 12/14/2012 8:25:20 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but Ken and I were bros to the end. He was great with me, even when we had a disagreement. After his family was gone he was a bit of a dick for a while, but can you blame him?

Ben, on the other hand...let's just say that whole thing in the bell tower didn't end well for him.
#7nordwestPosted 12/16/2012 8:56:29 AM
Raymond posted...
Ben made a deal with the bandits that cause chain events and result in Carley got shot, Duck got bitten, Katjaa suicide because of Duck. He also caused the death of Chuck because he was too much a coward to save Clem when she was right next to him. I'm so glad I let him die.

Couldn't agree more, I offed the guy as soon as I could and would have liked it to be far more messy. A waste of space, Ben felt marked-for-death from the start.
---
beep
#8Blindsided20Posted 12/16/2012 10:25:40 AM
The blame needs to be shifted to Lily more than Ben as to what happened to Duck and Kat...

1) She opened fire against The Bandits who at the moment did not harm the group and as such led to that war between the bandits who then turned to walkers vs the group where Duck got infected.

2) She killed Carly(If you saved her) because of jealousy between Carly/Lee care for one another to go along with Carly saying the truth to Lily who didn't want to hear it and to add Lily snapped.

3) She was gung go in staying in that place for the longest time, which led to the incident. I don't hold this so much against her since she truly wanted to do the best for the group but she did have them set in the place where Duck got hurt and shot down any time Kenny wanted to get his family on the boat.

Ben didn't help but I view Lily's actions to be far worse than Ben's in the case of Duck and Kat. Shocked at how she got away with such....I would think Kenny would have turned his anger and hatred against her and viewed it as revenge for Lily's dad's death even though that might be more of a "Kenny's rage blinds the truth" type of ordeal.
---
PSN: Blackspawn89
#9Blindsided20Posted 12/16/2012 4:30:34 PM
Oh and

4) She left Ben to keep on patrol.....a kid who clearly was a liability since he was bad with guns and really didn't know what he was doing. Kenny even mentioned why Ben was up there patroling and not Lily. Lily could have continued to be on lookout but she chose to sob and mourn in her room alone.

Again its not excusing what Ben did, just I think Lily deserved far more of the brunt than Ben ever did in regards to why Carly/Duck/Kat all eventually ended up dying. Now if you want to blame Chuck's death on Ben(And partially Molly for ringing the bells even if she didn't know people were there), then go ahead.....
---
PSN: Blackspawn89
#10grand_kaizerPosted 12/19/2012 1:48:33 AM
And if Ben hadn't been making the deal with the bandits they might have attacked while Lee and Kenny were out, completely overwhelmed the pitiful resistance Lilly put up and murdered Ben and Duck, dragging Clementine and Katjaa away to do terrible, monstrous things.

People never consider what would have happened if the bandits hadn't been dealing with Ben.

Still, Kenny and Ben are just unfortunate truths about humanity. Yeah, a lot of us, in that situation, would actually be totally useless. Some of us would be dumb enough to try and help and just make things much worse. Some of us would be selfish, putting ourselves above others, and some of us would care for nobody outside our own families. Some would manipulate, lie, cheat and steal to stay alive when the world is on its knees, and I deny anyone telling me it would be different.

People don't like Kenny and Ben because those two are reminders that we're not all superheroes, or even fundamentally righteous.
---
"I am the Truest Repairman!"