Question for fans of TWD

#1MegamanFan814Posted 12/20/2012 6:29:57 AM
Whether it's the game, the show, or the comics, if you enjoy an entity of The Walking Dead take a moment to answer my question if you would. I do not have the intention of starting a war, trolling, or pissing anyone off. I am attempting to criticize TWD or its fans. I am simply curious and want to know what you guys have to say.

If I am not mistaken, it is clear that the series will never explore the origins of the outbreak. The outbreak will never be stopped. Ultimately within ten years the earth will be nothing but walkers.You know going in that no one is going to be around that long (speaking in relation to time in the series, not real life time).

With no clear origins and not even a chance of conclusion (other than everyone being dead), the only thing left is to enjoy the characters. You know they are all walking dead (likely a dual meaning in the title?).
So my question is what is enjoyable about the series? Clearly it is not for everyone and I am not in the group that can enjoy the series, so I'm just curious what is it that makes it so entertaining to those of you who are fans.

Thank you for time and I look forward to hearing you response.
---
PSN: MisterPaydon
#2EraseRainPosted 12/21/2012 4:25:59 PM
the human drama is the simple answer.
---
Messatsu!!!
#3AwayFromHerePosted 12/26/2012 1:25:17 AM
Considering Kirkman has said publicly that the reason for the outbreak will never be revealed, don't think that matters much.

The reason The Walking Dead, show/comic/game, is so enjoyable, it's a "real" take on a zombie apocalypse. There is no super solider or cop, leading everyone to victory. There is no hope. There are only little moments of joy that can end at any time, and seeing what that does people gives great insight into humanity.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#4DealerofTruthsPosted 12/26/2012 7:35:56 AM
AwayFromHere posted...
Considering Kirkman has said publicly that the reason for the outbreak will never be revealed, don't think that matters much.

The reason The Walking Dead, show/comic/game, is so enjoyable, it's a "real" take on a zombie apocalypse. There is no super solider or cop, leading everyone to victory. There is no hope. There are only little moments of joy that can end at any time, and seeing what that does people gives great insight into humanity.

SPOILERS FOR SHOW?

I slightly disagree with you, hope is what drives Rick all of season 1 and why they left the CDC
---
You just got told the TRUTH!!!
#5AwayFromHerePosted 12/26/2012 11:22:57 AM
AwayFromHere posted...

SPOILERS FOR SHOW?

I slightly disagree with you, hope is what drives Rick all of season 1 and why they left the CDC

Yes, in the beginning, there was hope, but as things have worn on, things have gone downhill. There is a lot less hope than there was before.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.