Am I the only one who liked Lilly more than Carley?*SPOILERS for entire season*

#1RonWeasslyPosted 1/9/2013 12:08:24 PM
Hey, Lilly felt more real and upfrot than Carley ever did, That little kiss Carley gave to Lee felt tacked on and made it obvious to me that she was just using him. Sure, I felt Lilly could be a real pain. Nevertheless, I still let her stay with us after she killed Carley and I agreed to leave with her. Who else liked her more than Carley? I really wanted Lee to pound her.
#2sheridanmovieguPosted 1/10/2013 1:18:14 PM
I didn't hate Lilly. Especially after episode 2 I was even starting to warm to her. But she burned Lee and Co bad by going totally crazy, and if you don't leave her she burns you even worse.

Carley was always on Lee's side. No she wasn't using him, and anyone who thought that was proven wrong by Ben admitting guilt either way. She kissed Lee because she liked Lee.

Carley never demanded any shows of loyalty. She was on his side all the time, telling him what a good job he was doing. That's why everyone liked Carley. Also, she killed way more things than Lilly ever did. Carley shows her value all the time. With Lilly, all we do is hear about it, pretty much, except for the fight at the St. Johns, when she'll help you...provided you sided with her. Carley helps you there regardless of what you did, because Carley is better.
---
If HK-47 and GLaDOS had a child, the awesome character they create would cause the video game world to explode. Join the Revengers! (board#: 587986)
#3RonWeassly(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 2:46:46 PM
Lilly ends up being a hero anyway if you read the comics. It seems to me people-especially us males-get too attached to Carley and fall for her charm. This is something a lot of women always do in real life. It's usually the ones not kissing up to you that like you the most. Lilly just felt more real to me, and my Lee connected with her more than Carley anyway.

No she wasn't using him, and anyone who thought that was proven wrong by Ben admitting guilt either way.

That doesn't prove nothing. Lilly soon proves to have better worth than Carley ever will and saves hundreds of lives in the process. That alone makes her better. People put Carley on a pedestal too much. Something tells me that by the way many people read Carley, they would be hopeless with women or even a girlfriend in real life.
#4sheridanmovieguPosted 1/10/2013 3:19:45 PM
You do realize that Lilly isn't Lilly Caul anymore right? Telltale had to retcon that because of a novel that was released giving Lilly Caul a totally different backstory. Game Lilly is now just an original character.

Even if she was, though, calling Lilly Caul a hero is...not exactly accurate. She does something ultimately good, but...you know...she still did a bunch of bad things before that. And she did the good thing mostly because she had a mental breakdown.

And really, no. Carley was not manipulating you. There is literally no evidence to suggest that apart from you saying "THAT'S JUST WHAT TEH WOMEN DO AMIRITE!?" She was actually trying to help you, and ultimately she does if you take her advice.

For the record, I've done the Doug path too, and he's on Lee's side just as much as Carley is. So yeah...I think both of them are just supposed to be your friends (or a little more in Carley's case). People like Carley because she has Lee's back no matter what, because she's good with a gun, and yeah, her being an attractive character that likes the PC is nice too.
---
If HK-47 and GLaDOS had a child, the awesome character they create would cause the video game world to explode. Join the Revengers! (board#: 587986)
#5RonWeassly(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 5:10:50 PM
There is no real concrete evidence there to prove that Carley likes Lee. The path with Carley is made different and I'm sure the creators had it in mind for her to screw with your head like a woman in real life. The way she reacts in the van towards Lee is evidence enough for me when she brings up his secrets and since I revealed it to the group, she had nothing on me.

The way I see it, Lee and Lilly were the obvious choice in mind by the game makers. Both at that point had killed someone out of passion for someone else they loved. Lilly killed Carley for smack talking to her and she was jealous of Carley being friendly towards Lee. That's because Lilly fell in love with Lee(depending on if you helped her) and wanted to raise Clemintine with him.
#6sheridanmovieguPosted 1/10/2013 5:26:35 PM
Dude, I'm gonna be honest here...you sound really irrational and fanboyish here, and like you have some unresolved issues with women in general.

I'm not going to have a freaking shipping debate with you. All I'm saying is that your opinion about Carley comes pretty much entirely from you and nothing established. So, if you want to know why you're pretty much alone on this, there it is.
---
#7RonWeassly(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 5:36:23 PM
All I'm saying is that your opinion about Carley comes pretty much entirely from you and nothing established.

Then this must be the only board in clear favor of Carley. I visited others and they shared my opinion. Hell, one of these dudes I know who is an expert with women, said that Lilly is more real and Carley seems more fake. I presented my evidence why Carley is out for herself and doesn't actually like Lee. You have so far established nothing besides for your crush and attachment to her. It's time you and many people realize when a woman is playing you and Carley definitely was.
#8sheridanmovieguPosted 1/10/2013 7:30:53 PM
Dude, I've been with my girlfriend for three years. And before that I went through college and high school and all the litany of silly drama therein. Suffice to say I've been around the block a few times, enough to know that both women and men can do pretty stupid things to one another, but also that no, all women aren't all the same and aren't party to some sinister agenda.

I liked Carley because I liked her character. And yeah, I've been on plenty of other boards. Enough to know Carley is a pretty damn popular character. The evidence of that can be found all over the place, but if you think you can convince me, then go ahead and show me all these places where you've managed to convince everyone that all women are the same.

You know what stupidest thing about this whole argument is, though (which is saying a lot since the whole thing is really stupid)? It's that I never even dissed Lilly. Personally, I was mostly okay with her. I blame Ben for Carley's and Doug's deaths more than her. I do think she crossed the line in a big way, though, and leaving her on the side of the road is perfectly justified.

You, though. I don't know what your deal is. You just come across as this weird irrational fanboy with a persecution complex for some reason. The reason most people feel the way they do about the characters is because Telltale wrote them that way. This is why you get majority opinions.
---
#9BrewTownGamerPosted 1/14/2013 11:46:31 PM(edited)
Ummm I liked Carly more and I have been married for 3 years also my wife pretty much has the same attitude and acts a lot like Carly (she pointed that out to me herself and I have to agree with her).... Guess your logic about women are bad (p.s. any guy who claims to be a "expert on women" tend to be very bad/horrible with women)
---
You can be white, black, asian, native. The second you turn into a zombie im gonna blast you in the brain!
#10RonWeassly(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 10:27:22 AM
I never claimed to be an expert on women, and it really seems like you guys are trolling me. I don't like that.