So I just had a friend tell me that this game is going to fail strangely.

#11y000012500Posted 4/27/2012 11:44:40 AM

Ganondorf and Snake aren't family friendly. And I honestly think Snake seemed a little tacked on in Brawl, he definitely doesn't look like he fits.

Ganondorf is from Zelda, which is family friendly. And Snake is a little tacked on, but it doesn't make the game feel tacky. The levels in this game don't blend in with any of the characters, which makes all the characters feel tacked on. The constant glowy effect doesn't help.
#12wwinterj25Posted 4/27/2012 11:47:00 AM
As others have said the only way this game will fail is if the gameplay is bad. It's to soon to tell if that will be the case at the moment.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj add me :D
#13MightymegaPosted 4/27/2012 11:49:22 AM
y000012500 posted...
The levels in this game don't blend in with any of the characters, which makes all the characters feel tacked on. The constant glowy effect doesn't help.

Most of what you say can be fixed before the game comes out and the glowy effect only appears when you have the smash ball type power-up. Remember you glow in brawl as well and in that ninja turtle game and it didn't bother people at that time.
---
true megaman fan and CFE Ingrid fan
#14MightymegaPosted 4/27/2012 11:51:17 AM
UncleGrubby posted...
If the game fails it will be because it's bad. Gameplay is the only thing that matters. Plenty will buy it just because it has a character they like in it like Parappa. Plenty more will buy it because they like Smash Bros. but don't own a Nintendo system.

All of this as well, especially if they manage to get cloud,sephiroth,tifa or legend or dragoon characters people will buy it for them alone.
---
true megaman fan and CFE Ingrid fan
#15WILD_CHARIZARDPosted 4/27/2012 11:52:07 AM

Ganondorf is from Zelda, which is family friendly. And Snake is a little tacked on, but it doesn't make the game feel tacky. The levels in this game don't blend in with any of the characters, which makes all the characters feel tacked on. The constant glowy effect doesn't help.

I still don't think this game's characters are tacky. They're all... relevant. Sackboy against Sweet Tooth is relevant and fits because you know they're Playstation characters. It'd be a different story if it was like Elmo vs. Sweet Tooth. He would be completely irrelevant and has no place in the game.
---
Wild Charizard ran away.
#16y000012500Posted 4/27/2012 12:11:46 PM(edited)
I'm not saying they're irrelevant. I'm saying they don't blend in with the level designs.

y000012500 posted...
The levels in this game don't blend in with any of the characters, which makes all the characters feel tacked on. The constant glowy effect doesn't help.

Most of what you say can be fixed before the game comes out and the glowy effect only appears when you have the smash ball type power-up. Remember you glow in brawl as well and in that ninja turtle game and it didn't bother people at that time.

Yeah, I'm hoping they make it look better. The characters glow more an more as their special meter rises, so they're always going to glowing, unless they're losing. Plus, SmashBros glow looked epic.