Does this need to exist?

#1Patriarch105Posted 4/27/2012 7:17:06 PM
I've been a Playstation owner for YEARS but this game just seems like a cheap smash bro's rip off 10 years to late.

From the roster i've seen so far only Kratos is famous to any real degree with all the others being big is some small niche in the gaming world. With the nintendo characters its different. All of them are cartoony and for children so it make sense to just slap them in a gme an have them go at it.

But this game....fat princess fighting sweet tooth? why why why why. And frankly i really don't like smash bros either. but the reason that works is because nearly every character is iconic. The cast of this game won't be.
---
Playing SSF4:AE + SFxT
Please say WHY you added me if you do add me or I will ignore you. PSN: Stryker105
#2FIaming_ZombiePosted 4/27/2012 7:18:14 PM
I personally wouldn't mind seeing plenty more games of this type. I mean, nothing better than being able to beat up your friends in a cross-over games with more characters you happen to enjoy than just Nintendo characters.
---
Blank blank is blank.
#33D3Posted 4/27/2012 7:23:04 PM
Do you know why they're making this game? Because people have been asking for it forever. Don't want it? Don't buy it? It can't harm you in anyway.
---
Because Naughty Dog
Joel+Ellie=Jelly...You Jelly?
#4Chzrm3Posted 4/27/2012 7:24:21 PM
Patriarch105 posted...
. And frankly i really don't like smash bros either.

Well there ya go!

This game is for people who love Smash bros and love Sony. You can't please everyone, as they say!
#5levyjl1988Posted 4/27/2012 7:29:23 PM
None of these characters are really memorable. Sure there is a few identifiable characters, but it just doesn't feel right. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Smash up tried to replicate the same success with this game style but it wasn't received well comparable to brawl.

There's a lot of scepticism. But it wouldn't live up to Smash Bros. and Jump Ultimate/Super Stars in the same way.
---
Too many Games, soo little time ~ I'm Canadian, eh!
Add me online: Xbox Live / PSN: levyjl1988 | 3DS FC: 4639-8984-4691
#6Pale_HeartPosted 4/27/2012 7:33:37 PM
I've been asking and hoping for this game since Nintendo did it with Smash. Now that we finally get it, I'm excited for it.
#7LilCrimsonNemoPosted 4/27/2012 7:35:21 PM
Does this need to exist?

Yes, this game should of happen back in the PS2 days.
Onimusha: Blade warriors was a pretty cool melee distraction though.
---
PSN: CrimsonNemo/3DS: 2578 - 3415 - 3486 ) ( PS3: 84 platinums / Vita: 2 platinums )
Now I can get my Smash Bro's fix in both words. Sony and Nintendo.
#8Patriarch105(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2012 9:03:18 PM
levyjl1988 posted...
None of these characters are really memorable. Sure there is a few identifiable characters, but it just doesn't feel right. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Smash up tried to replicate the same success with this game style but it wasn't received well comparable to brawl.

There's a lot of scepticism. But it wouldn't live up to Smash Bros. and Jump Ultimate/Super Stars in the same way.

See this person gets it. I'm not trying to hate on the game. I'm just saying that 95% of the SSBB cast can be recognized by people who have never even played a game before. THAT is why its so popular.

This game by comparison doesn't have those iconic characters. I personally know them all but im a big gamer. But since this caters to a more casual crowd I think really only Kratos is going to to universally recognized.

I think a game like this sells because of WHO is in it not nessessaraly because its a fun game type. People want to play as mario or link or fox. Not fat princess peach they've never seen before, some guy with a gun and a raccoon that looks like he belongs in crash bandicoot

(PS. I know each of the characters names except for the guy with the gun but i was being facetious)
---
Playing SSF4:AE + SFxT
Please say WHY you added me if you do add me or I will ignore you. PSN: Stryker105
#9heartlesshero17Posted 4/27/2012 9:04:14 PM
LilCrimsonNemo posted...
Does this need to exist?

Yes, this game should of happen back in the PS2 days.
Onimusha: Blade warriors was a pretty cool melee distraction though.

I loved blade warriors
---
Since I know I can be honest with you, I'll admit I got a little sulky. It was frowns all around
-Lord Ghirahim
#10SenorLovecraftPosted 4/27/2012 9:06:02 PM

levyjl1988 posted...

See this person gets it. I'm not trying to hate on the game. I'm just saying that 95% of the SSBB cast can be recognized by people who have never even played a game before. THAT is why its so popular.

This game by comparison doesn't have those iconic characters. I personally know them all but im a big gamer. But since this caters to a more casual crowd I think really only Kratos is going to to universally recognized.

I think a game like this sells because of WHO is in it not nessessaraly because its a fun game type. People want to play as mario or link or fox. Not fat princess peach they've never seen before, some guy with a gun and a raccoon that looks like he belongs in crash bandicoot

(PS. I know each of the characters names except for the guy with the gun but i was being facetious)

95%? Rofl, the non-gaming populace would recognize Mario and maybe Pikachu, that's it.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9