How do you score a KO?

#11archs13Posted 4/27/2012 9:27:42 PM
What do you mean by troll around? They wouldn't be able to build up their special bar unless they attack other players. It would be the same way it is now except super moves wouldn't be the only way to beat someone.

well you can kinda troll around because Parappa has a move that drops a boombox that puts out ap bubbles which fills up your special bar... but the boombox stuns people too if they try to stay there too long
#12Graviblow(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2012 9:29:04 PM
Bongbuddy posted...
Graviblow posted...
Bongbuddy posted...
archs13 posted...
the info that i've heard so far is that there are no off the stage KOs, or health KOs... it's just special move KOs...

That sounds terrible. Hopefully they keep the special bar and just add a regular life bar.

That would be bad, people would just troll around until they got a meter, then its srs business.

What do you mean by troll around? They wouldn't be able to build up their special bar unless they attack other players. It would be the same way it is now except super moves wouldn't be the only way to beat someone.

I play fighting games like SSF4 and KOF where the meter build is about the same for attacking and defending characters. I don't know how much of a differential there is in this game though.
---
War doesn't determine who's right but who's left.
#13Graviblow(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2012 9:33:43 PM
The special meter KO might not be the best decision. It would end up with who had the best super attack for the win. With all of the different level supers, I don't think they are the only way to KO. I mean, why would you the ability to spend 3 meters to kill 1 character when you could spend 1?
---
#14BongbuddyPosted 4/27/2012 9:39:10 PM
Graviblow posted...
The special meter KO might not be the best decision. It would end up with who had the best super attack for the win. With all of the different level supers, I don't think they are the only way to KO. I mean, why would you the ability to spend 3 meters to kill 1 character when you could spend 1?

That's what I was also thinking. 1 on 1 fights would basically be a race to gaining a level 1 special and then the special hits or misses, and then it's back to gaining level 1 special again. That sounds pretty boring to me. There's no immediate danger unless someone has a special move ready.
---
Currently Playing - Gundam Extreme VS, Shining Force II, and Popful Mail.
PSN: OnlineMeat
#15Graviblow(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2012 9:43:43 PM
Bongbuddy posted...
Graviblow posted...

That's what I was also thinking. 1 on 1 fights would basically be a race to gaining a level 1 special and then the special hits or misses, and then it's back to gaining level 1 special again. That sounds pretty boring to me. There's no immediate danger unless someone has a special move ready.

I think that's what makes the smash series really fun. There is always the danger of falling off of the edge or getting hit out there and the constant ability to do that makes the game that much more tense.
---
#16FF_FinisherPosted 4/27/2012 11:57:58 PM
Yea , the battle system does not seem rewarding and I find it alarming that the devs thought that this was a good idea

I wish other people on this board would acknowledge this as problem and stop acting like this is ok.......because it's not
---
Waiting for: The Last Story, The Last Guardian, Ni no Kuni, Tomb Raider, FF Versus XIII, FF Type-0, FFX HD, VF5:FS, DOA5, TTT2 and P4 Arena.
#17HermanTuttlePosted 4/27/2012 11:59:06 PM

From: FF_Finisher | #016I wish other people on this board would acknowledge this as problem and stop acting like this is ok.......because it's not

Fanboys.
#18FF_FinisherPosted 4/28/2012 12:11:05 AM
HermanTuttle posted...
From: FF_Finisher | #016I wish other people on this board would acknowledge this as problem and stop acting like this is ok.......because it's not
Fanboys.

Actually far from it, I do not discriminate against systems........on the contrary i want this to be a fun game but if it is left the way it is now then Sony's attempt at their version of smash bros will be long forgotten shortly after it's launch
---
Waiting for: The Last Story, The Last Guardian, Ni no Kuni, Tomb Raider, FF Versus XIII, FF Type-0, FFX HD, VF5:FS, DOA5, TTT2 and P4 Arena.
#19Team Rocket Elite(Moderator)Posted 4/28/2012 12:16:59 AM
Yea , the battle system does not seem rewarding and I find it alarming that the devs thought that this was a good idea

I wish other people on this board would acknowledge this as problem and stop acting like this is ok.......because it's not

The initial reactions from people who have played the game have been fairly positive, haven't they? The system could end up working a lot better than it sounds. Of course, it is also possible that the people who have posted opinions from playing the game haven't played enough for the problems to become really problematic.

I don't really like how things sound at the moment so I do hope the developers put a lot of thought into whether they really want to keep the system or not. They need a way for things to work despite it sounding like it doesn't right now.
---
We'll show her the power of a dream.
#20StaticPenguinPosted 4/28/2012 12:43:53 AM
I'm sure the system isn't as easy as it sounds. It'll probably be like the guys who give the most beating build up faster but end up getting ganged up on because the special bar will probably drop when you get hit.
---
I named him Waggleton P. Tallylicker. I never got the chance to tell him. He will be remembered. ~ Grayson Hunt