What's PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale without Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)?

#1xenosaga123Posted 4/28/2012 8:57:00 AM
The iconic Playstation character since PS1? Sure TR is multplatform these days but Lara still originated on Playstation.

This could also use more Japanese PS game characters.
#2creep50Posted 4/28/2012 8:58:17 AM
so did crash bandicoot bud he isnt here

point is its a ripoff so who cares
---
San Andreas > > > > > > > > >Desert Bus > > > > > > > >GTA 4
#3Nate_DihldorffPosted 4/28/2012 8:59:21 AM
She didn't originate on PlayStation, and her games were on the Saturn and Dreamcast as well.
---
http://kotaku.com/5811665/2011-is-all-about-the-gun-barrels
#4wwinterj25Posted 4/28/2012 9:04:01 AM
I agree she is a iconic Playstation character and should be in here but if the rumor is true about Crash not been in here because they don't have the license anymore maybe it's the same with Tomb Raider.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj add me :D
#5xenosaga123(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2012 9:05:06 AM
Nate_Dihldorff posted...
She didn't originate on PlayStation, and her games were on the Saturn and Dreamcast as well.

Hardly anyone even talked about Saturn, and Tomb Raider and PS go together more than Dreamcast did. Not to mention PS outlasted both of those consoles and Tomb Raider's legacy expanded on PS1.
#6CGB_SpenderPosted 4/28/2012 9:10:44 AM
Tomb Raider is favoring the 360 these days with early releases and exclusive dlc, so I doubt it.
#7Screech04Posted 4/28/2012 10:03:55 AM
xenosaga123 posted...
The iconic Playstation character since PS1? Sure TR is multplatform these days but Lara still originated on Playstation.

This could also use more Japanese PS game characters.

Sorry bub, but Lara came on PC first before PS1. So no she DID NOT originate on Playstation.
---
Come on guys, we all know the canon ending to Silent Hill 2 was the Dog ending
The best parts of Super Mario 64 were the Bowser levels.
#8YomigaeruPosted 4/28/2012 10:08:28 AM
Eidos is a part of Square Enix now, I believe. And if that is the case, using her is going to cost a hefty licensing fee, I would imagine.

By the way, I had Tomb Raider on the Saturn. Interestingly enough, the Saturn was sort of a precursor to PS3: arguably more powerful hardware, but at the same time prohibitively difficult to develop for. I recall devs saying that Saturn hardware was needlessly complex.
---
"It means that Sir Issac Newton is the deadliest son of a $%#^ in space."
#9SuplexKirbyPosted 4/28/2012 12:49:34 PM
meh

I just wish sony got their act together and buy back crash and spyro IP.
#10chadchu1Posted 4/28/2012 2:31:10 PM
Lara Croft is a boring character who wouldn't contribute anything to the game. The problem with trying to put all of Sony's most iconic characters in is that Sony is mostly bland. Even most of their extremely popular games are bland.