Who all is confirmed to be in?

#11ZEOPOWER6Posted 4/28/2012 5:35:24 PM(edited)
blaze19_0X posted...
A lot of other characters have also been mentioned a lot.

That doesn't confirm them to be in it. That's merely wishful thinking.

True, but at this point, any speculation seems possible. It's not a bad thing to hope, you know, ESPECIALLY when they told us that the online speculation has been correct for some of the guesses.
#12MagnaderAlphaPosted 4/28/2012 5:42:04 PM
I can't see how Crash would not be in this. He was basically the mascot for PS1. Not including him would be like a SSB game without Mario. The thing, interestingly enough, is that Playstation, if you go back to PS1 up until now, has a pretty good amount of interesting, unique characters that are of great variety. I sadly think the majority of the characters in this game will be pulled from the more recent ventures while the oldies will be a few bones tossed their way.
#13Geos59Posted 4/28/2012 6:04:43 PM
@MagnaderAlpha

The reason why Crash might not be in the game is because Crash Bandicoot is owned by Universal Studios NOT Sony.

So if Crash was in the game Sony would most likely have to pay royal fees.
---
Magic Man! :3
It's not the great who are strong, it's the strong who are great!
#14iDoneGotUPosted 4/28/2012 6:08:19 PM
If we get Cole then we could get:
*Kessler
*Zeke
*Evil Cole
*Nix or Kuo
*Reaper or Dustman
#15ZEOPOWER6Posted 4/28/2012 6:09:46 PM
Geos59 posted...
@MagnaderAlpha

The reason why Crash might not be in the game is because Crash Bandicoot is owned by Universal Studios NOT Sony.

So if Crash was in the game Sony would most likely have to pay royal fees.

They'll probably reach some sort of negotiation if there are issues. If they don't at least try to get him it would be rather... odd imo.
#16blaze19_0XPosted 4/28/2012 6:24:09 PM
Agreed. Don't get me wrong, I really REALLY want Spyro and Crash to be in the game. They practically WERE the ps1 era along with countless RPGs. I just don't want to get my hopes up and then be disappointed.
---
www.livestream.com/blaze0x <------MH Livestream
www.youtube.com/blaze0070x <-----MH videos
#17ZEOPOWER6Posted 4/28/2012 6:26:53 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
Agreed. Don't get me wrong, I really REALLY want Spyro and Crash to be in the game. They practically WERE the ps1 era along with countless RPGs. I just don't want to get my hopes up and then be disappointed.

Well, the fans seem to have a hand in which characters get added judging from what they've told us and Spyro/Crash seem likely from the lists of possible combatants that people have made up.

We'll see when more info comes out :B
#18MagnaderAlphaPosted 4/28/2012 11:03:11 PM
blaze19_0X posted...

That's the thing, though. Majority of "famous" Playstation characters(even GAMES) weren't by Sony. Still, that doesn't stop people from associating them Playstation. I mean, Resident Evil came out on Playstation first, as did Battle Arena Toshinden. Many, back in the day, despite their obvious ports, still felt those series were genuinely PS franchises. Despite 1st party or 3rd party involvement. It's not like Smash Bros, with Nintendo's massive collection of ultra familiar 1st party franchise characters. Of course, Sony also doesn't have the years of familiarity(especially if they are pulling a majority of the characters from PS2-PS3 era). I would think it would be a harder feat to accomplish based JUST on Sony IPs alone. This is a game that could BENEFIT from 3rd party involvement.