Anyone else expecting a lot of 3rd party characters?

#1FlipManV3Posted 4/28/2012 7:34:21 PM
For now, it seems that they're really trying their hardest to keep it 1st party only.

But I can't help but think we'll get quite a bit of 3rd party characters. I'm thinking mostly characters from the PS1-era that eventually appeared on other systems like Crash, Spyro, Lara Croft, etc.

-
---
Blue, yellow, pink, whatever, man, just keep bringing me that.
#2THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 4/28/2012 7:37:52 PM
They had better be a bunch of 3rd party characters in this game.

3rd party basically carried the PS1.
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#3ZEOPOWER6Posted 4/28/2012 7:38:28 PM
They're probably saving third party announcements for E3.
#4DarkFistsPosted 4/28/2012 7:44:31 PM
ZEOPOWER6 posted...
They're probably saving third party announcements for E3.

Maybe, or 1 for E3, 1 for a few months before release, and 1 a month or so before release :P Note that I'm just using a random number
---
PSN=Gelthidor
#5XenogorePosted 4/28/2012 7:47:09 PM
Actually expecting there to be a good amount of 3rd party characters, I doubt Sony would pay to use all those characters in the Micheal commercial for just a commercial.
#6ilikeikeilikeikPosted 4/28/2012 7:51:33 PM
I hope there will be, because I honestly don't care for most of Sony's characters.
---
My custom sprites. I take requests!
http://metaknight555.deviantart.com/
#7ZEOPOWER6Posted 4/28/2012 7:53:50 PM
To quote an interview:
"Absolutely. It's an important part of PlayStation history," SuperBot Entertainment executive producer Chan Park told Shacknews. "This game wouldn't be complete without their involvement. [Fans] can expect third party characters."

"Everything's fair game. We definitely wanted to draw upon everything as a potential consideration. We want fans when they're playing to be 'oh my God, they threw that character in there!'"

Park wasn't able to get into details of course, as the reveals are part of a carefully-planned marketing plan. When quizzed if the previously-released Michael ad (embedded below) could hold clues as to other character reveals, Park admitted that "it just happened to be happenstance and a fortuitous one at that."

We'll probably get some very surprising characters.
#8Chzrm3Posted 4/28/2012 8:09:11 PM
ZEOPOWER6 posted...
To quote an interview:
"Absolutely. It's an important part of PlayStation history," SuperBot Entertainment executive producer Chan Park told Shacknews. "This game wouldn't be complete without their involvement. [Fans] can expect third party characters."

"Everything's fair game. We definitely wanted to draw upon everything as a potential consideration. We want fans when they're playing to be 'oh my God, they threw that character in there!'"

Park wasn't able to get into details of course, as the reveals are part of a carefully-planned marketing plan. When quizzed if the previously-released Michael ad (embedded below) could hold clues as to other character reveals, Park admitted that "it just happened to be happenstance and a fortuitous one at that."

We'll probably get some very surprising characters.

WOAH, that's awesome! Especially him saying that they want people to go "omg they put that character in?"

Makes me hopeful that we might see some real oddballs, like the Demon Souls character, Toan, etc. =DDD
#9Team Rocket Elite(Moderator)Posted 4/28/2012 8:10:29 PM
I wouldn't really get your hopes up. While the developers may want a lot of 3rd party characters, things won't necessarily work on out the business side of things.
---
We'll show her the power of a dream.
#10ZEOPOWER6Posted 4/28/2012 8:12:14 PM
Team Rocket Elite posted...
I wouldn't really get your hopes up. While the developers may want a lot of 3rd party characters, things won't necessarily work on out the business side of things.

Well, it's better to have an open mind imo than expect the worst.

I think it'll probably end up with a mix of characters that people were hoping for, characters that NO one was expecting, and characters that no one really wanted to begin with, lol.