I'm an idiot. Here are my nutty ideas. (#2 and #3)

#1WILD_CHARIZARDPosted 4/29/2012 9:46:52 AM(edited)
Long ass read. I'm just gonna throw them at you.

1. The online menu consists of these options and depending on which you choose it will branch out into more options.

Quick Match
Free for All (option between 1 on 1 and a 4 player bout)
Team Battle (2 on 2)
>
Special KO Battle
Percentage Battle
HP Bar Battle
Tug of War (reference Battle Stadium DON)
(more modes here)
>
Time Battle (Auto set on 3 minutes)
Stock Battle (Auto set on 3 lives)

Is this all too specific? As in like no one would ever find a match due to having too many options? Let me know.

2. So you're probably thinking, yeah this sounds like it'll be the obvious setup. But here's where things start to get CRAZY

HATS. Inspired by TF2: Random hat drops. When you play online, there might be chances that you get a hat drop (depending on rarity of the hat) after defeating or killing them. More common hats would drop more commonly, and the rarer the hat, of course the less probability of it dropping. The player will drop a duplicate of a hat they already have.

But Charizard, how the hell do you even get hats in the first place? You can't drop hats if you don't have any!

3. A universe mode kind of like Brawl's Subspace Emissary. Expanding upon the hat idea, bosses and mini bosses at the end of each area would have a certain percentage of dropping certain hats. Like maybe the Killzone boss will drop a rare Helghast helmet, or maybe it'll be generic party hat #32. Also, maybe hat trading.

There are a lot of things they can do to kinda shake this game up! Without messing with the core formula.
---
Wild Charizard ran away.
Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Reddit! Reddit.com/r/psbattleroyale
#2WILD_TYRANITARPosted 4/29/2012 9:48:12 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3WILD_CHARIZARD(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2012 10:27:51 AM

[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

wat
---
Wild Charizard ran away.
#4Arc166Posted 4/29/2012 10:37:45 AM
''HATS.''

God no
---
http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu31/Dusk_Thanatos/Anime/facefootrin.jpg
#5WILD_CHARIZARD(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2012 10:59:19 AM

''HATS.''

God no

But HATS!!!
---
Wild Charizard ran away.
#6JediMasta12Posted 4/29/2012 11:07:56 AM
I really like the idea of tug of war. two people, or four if you do teams, trying to gain dominance over the super bar? yes, please!
---
SSBB FC: 1676-3512-2808
PSN: Jing07
#7fawfulmark2Posted 4/29/2012 11:12:11 AM
Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC (SCEA) today announced the release of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, available for PlayStation 3 (PS3). Developed by SuperBot Entertainment, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale is the ultimate four-player brawler, influenced by some of the greatest PlayStation themes and characters of all time. Spanning the entire PlayStation universe, players will select and control the likes of iconic characters such as Kratos, Sweet Tooth, Parappa, Fat Princess, Colonel Radec, and Sly Cooper among others. Additionally, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale will include a line-up of special characters from some of the game industry’s top third party developers and publishers. With a host of playable characters, special attacks, themed stages, and mash up music, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale pits players in a deep fighting game that draws inspiration throughout the colorful PlayStation universe.

“PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale delivers a veritable encyclopedia of PlayStation’s rich gaming history,” said Guy Longworth, Senior Vice President of Marketing, SCEA. “This game is a celebration for fans of PlayStation and we are excited to deliver the most comprehensive brawler available.”

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale gives players access to a wide variety of PlayStation characters and ties in the excitement of a four player, full screen brawler. Players can fight in a variety of configurations, including versus matches for four, team battles, special practice modes, and team up with friends to take on players online. Online battles will deliver a new set of challenges, including Tournament mode, Special Event Battle, and Custom Matches. In Tournament, players are matched online to gain experience and special awards. Special Event Battles allow SuperBot to set match parameters daily, and players earn experience points towards an overall leaderboard based on performance. Players can also arrange customized matches with their own rules.

Environments and music are drawn from the rich and varied history of PlayStation titles, then thrown together in unique mash ups that showcase each property in a new setting. The mash up elements will introduce a secondary IP to an existing theme, allowing situations where characters and environments from completely different PlayStation IP can interact during a match. The in-game music, composed by John King of the Dust Brothers, will also stay true to the mash up theme by incorporating a mix of various IP soundtracks throughout.

In addition to a rich and deep online multiplayer experience, players can engage in several single player modes including Combat Trials and Arcade mode. In Combat Trials, players not only learn the basics of the game but perfect their skills through hundreds of unique challenges. Additionally players can play through a fixed level progression with prizes in Arcade mode.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale has not yet been rated. For more information about the title, please visit www.PlayStationAllStarsBattleRoyale.com.

these are the modes planned.,
---
Official Pipo Snake of the PAS board.
#8WILD_CHARIZARD(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2012 11:15:42 AM

TOO LONG;DIDN'T QUOTE

Good info!
---
Wild Charizard ran away.
#9GraviblowPosted 4/29/2012 11:55:58 AM
fawfulmark2 posted...
Long paragraph

I'm expecting some more modes as well, maybe a couple in the reveal balls.
---
Stopping at third base adds no more runs than striking out.
#10WILD_CHARIZARD(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2012 11:57:30 AM

I'm expecting some more modes as well, maybe a couple in the reveal balls.

I do love balls.
---
Wild Charizard ran away.