Melee fan here.

#1The_DjokerPosted 4/29/2012 10:21:24 AM
This will be better than Brawl.
---
http://i41.tinypic.com/xx574.gif
#2Ludacris01Posted 4/29/2012 10:24:37 AM
Maybe. It primarily depends on the roster. The gameplay seems almost exactly like Smash.
---
"that ambipom is on crack" - Lemonz89
Official Spyro of the PAS:BR board. SPYRO THE DRAGON FOR BATTLE ROYALE
#3The_Djoker(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2012 10:29:31 AM

Maybe. It primarily depends on the roster. The gameplay seems almost exactly like Smash.

you're right. This comes down to just who. Gameplay isn't that much different but this will obviously have better online.
---
http://i41.tinypic.com/xx574.gif
#4CyborgTwentyPosted 4/29/2012 11:24:19 AM
Ludacris01 posted...

the gameplay is diffrent in each smash game that's why people like melee better then brawl too.
#5wwinterj25Posted 4/29/2012 11:30:52 AM
I think it'll be a nice alternative to Brawl. It won't be worse nor better.
I also think it's all down to personal preference for example I already like the roster more in this game then in Brawl and I'm looking forward to seeing who's next.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj add me :D
#6NeonivekPosted 4/29/2012 11:32:10 AM
No I don't think this will be better then brawl

but honestly I kinda wish they would immitate Super Smash bros more. I know they don't want to but every single game I've seen in a similar style approached the idea but then gave it a terrible mechanic.

"Hey I know instead of having them brawl it out with damage and stuff, we will instead have them collect coins!"

"Hey I know! instead of having actual impact we will make it so people are actually collecting a super meter in order to win"

To admit the ones that had actual damage didn't do much better. Though no one has one where the goal is to knock the opponent's off the stage.
#7EichiroNobunagaPosted 4/29/2012 11:44:32 AM

No. Online is way too important to people nowadays. Just bring some friends over to play. It's what we used to do, and it's what some of us STILL do. I only touched the online in Brawl once, just to try it, because I have friends to come over and play it because it's a party game, and is meant to be played with friends and to have a good time. Brawl is just endless fun with all the items and other sub-modes (Giant Brawl, Mini Brawl, Curry Brawl, etc).

While it's good that it isn't a full clone of Smash Bros, the mechanic of fighting solely to get meter to kill people with a Special attack- and that being the only known way of killing someone (although on one- and only one- of the four stages, there seems to be a pit) makes the game seem like some cheap knockoff instead of a real contender to it. It takes most of the actual fun out of it, because it's not so much about the fighting or the brawling as "METER METER METER METER!" It seems less like a serious game to me, like some generic anime game with a "meh" mechanic that turns something that would otherwise be well-made (or somewhat well-made) into something that I wouldn't even want to bother with. For example, the game Rave Master: Special Attaack Force. It was a very fun 4-p beat-em-up, similar to Smash, but to win every match, you need to gather and use a Special attack, and the first person to attack with their special wins.

I really hope there's a mode that actually plays, you know, not stupidly, like actually like Smash Bros.

#8NeonivekPosted 4/29/2012 11:46:46 AM
You mean the fact that since we are collecting meter it makes the fact that we are even fighting seem pointless?

Since we arn't actually damaging the opponent AT ALL...
#9ManOEbonyPosted 4/29/2012 11:47:04 AM
EichiroNobunaga posted...
No. Online is way too important to people nowadays. Just bring some friends over to play. It's what we used to do, and it's what some of us STILL do. I only touched the online in Brawl once, just to try it, because I have friends to come over and play it because it's a party game, and is meant to be played with friends and to have a good time. Brawl is just endless fun with all the items and other sub-modes (Giant Brawl, Mini Brawl, Curry Brawl, etc). While it's good that it isn't a full clone of Smash Bros, the mechanic of fighting solely to get meter to kill people with a Special attack- and that being the only known way of killing someone (although on one- and only one- of the four stages, there seems to be a pit) makes the game seem like some cheap knockoff instead of a real contender to it. It takes most of the actual fun out of it, because it's not so much about the fighting or the brawling as "METER METER METER METER!" It seems less like a serious game to me, like some generic anime game with a "meh" mechanic that turns something that would otherwise be well-made (or somewhat well-made) into something that I wouldn't even want to bother with. For example, the game Rave Master: Special Attaack Force. It was a very fun 4-p beat-em-up, similar to Smash, but to win every match, you need to gather and use a Special attack, and the first person to attack with their special wins. I really hope there's a mode that actually plays, you know, not stupidly, like actually like Smash Bros.

I agree with everything you said there
---
Apparently saying a fictional race in a fictional universe likes chicken is racist