Hope this is a better Smash ripoff than CT:Punch-time Explosion

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
  3. Hope this is a better Smash ripoff than CT:Punch-time Explosion

User Info: SpacePirateKhan

SpacePirateKhan
4 years ago#1
>_>

That game was horrendously disappointing. They didn't even TRY to make the voices sound similar to the characters in many cases, and the gameplay was so lazy...

EDIT:
Oh crap.. The game looked awesome so far, but this "only KO with super attacks" junk sounds like a bad idea...
"The best things in life must be taken by force!"
~Captain Khan

User Info: StaticPenguin

StaticPenguin
4 years ago#2
Did anyone actually think that was going to be good?
I named him Waggleton P. Tallylicker. I never got the chance to tell him. He will be remembered. ~ Grayson Hunt

User Info: SpacePirateKhan

SpacePirateKhan
4 years ago#3
StaticPenguin posted...
Did anyone actually think that was going to be good?

I thought it was going to be a bad ripoff of Smash Bros. I didn't realize HOW bad though. D:
"The best things in life must be taken by force!"
~Captain Khan

User Info: zombie_bait

zombie_bait
4 years ago#4
That game was doomed from the beginning. Terrible graphics (even when ported to the consoles), some of the worst voice acting I've ever heard, the combat was a mess and it took absolutely no chances. It was a cookie cutter clone of Smash Bros. that didn't try to do anything new or interesting. PS All-stars Battle Royale looks great and so does the gameplay. It may be copying heavily off of SSB but at least it looks it's trying to do its own thing.

User Info: Johnbobb

Johnbobb
4 years ago#5
I think this will definitely be better. Sony wouldn't half-ass something that could be as potentially beneficial for their brand as this game.

I can only assume that they intend this to be THE GAME for playstation fans, like Smash Bros. was for Nintendo fans.
I am the Box Ghost. Beware.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqz6jrOvvK1qd3p2to1_500.gif
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
  3. Hope this is a better Smash ripoff than CT:Punch-time Explosion

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived