Hope this is a better Smash ripoff than CT:Punch-time Explosion

#1SpacePirateKhanPosted 4/29/2012 1:35:43 PM(edited)
>_>

That game was horrendously disappointing. They didn't even TRY to make the voices sound similar to the characters in many cases, and the gameplay was so lazy...

EDIT:
Oh crap.. The game looked awesome so far, but this "only KO with super attacks" junk sounds like a bad idea...
---
"The best things in life must be taken by force!"
~Captain Khan
#2StaticPenguinPosted 4/29/2012 1:27:57 PM
Did anyone actually think that was going to be good?
---
I named him Waggleton P. Tallylicker. I never got the chance to tell him. He will be remembered. ~ Grayson Hunt
#3SpacePirateKhan(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2012 1:29:26 PM
StaticPenguin posted...
Did anyone actually think that was going to be good?

I thought it was going to be a bad ripoff of Smash Bros. I didn't realize HOW bad though. D:
---
"The best things in life must be taken by force!"
~Captain Khan
#4zombie_baitPosted 4/29/2012 1:44:13 PM
That game was doomed from the beginning. Terrible graphics (even when ported to the consoles), some of the worst voice acting I've ever heard, the combat was a mess and it took absolutely no chances. It was a cookie cutter clone of Smash Bros. that didn't try to do anything new or interesting. PS All-stars Battle Royale looks great and so does the gameplay. It may be copying heavily off of SSB but at least it looks it's trying to do its own thing.
#5JohnbobbPosted 4/29/2012 2:11:59 PM
I think this will definitely be better. Sony wouldn't half-ass something that could be as potentially beneficial for their brand as this game.

I can only assume that they intend this to be THE GAME for playstation fans, like Smash Bros. was for Nintendo fans.
---
I am the Box Ghost. Beware.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqz6jrOvvK1qd3p2to1_500.gif