Everyone knows this game is a straight-up ripoff of Super Smash Bros.

#1SNAKESONPLANEPosted 4/29/2012 8:54:48 PM
But it begs the question: why did they decide to rip-off Brawl? IMO Brawl is the worst in the SSB series and feels very unbalanced. I play it, beat it in a weekend and haven't touched it in over 4 years. I think many will they prefer Melee.

But the characters are so ill-suited for Brawl-style gameplay. I don't see why Sony just didn't stick with a classic arcade-fighter style of gameplay.
---
../|,-``\(o)_\,----,,,_ ....
( `\(o),,_/` : o : : :o `-, .
#2TaizukuPosted 4/29/2012 8:55:50 PM
You only played it for a weekend and never touched it again? I logged 500 hours on Brawl. It was good, Melee was definitely better. Brawl was a great game.
---
Skullgirls > The World
PSN: MobileFlame
#3Big_Brownie25Posted 4/29/2012 8:57:14 PM(edited)
SNAKESONPLANE posted...
But it begs the question: why did they decide to rip-off Brawl? IMO Brawl is the worst in the SSB series and feels very unbalanced. I play it, beat it in a weekend and haven't touched it in over 4 years. I think many will they prefer Melee.

But the characters are so ill-suited for Brawl-style gameplay. I don't see why Sony just didn't stick with a classic arcade-fighter style of gameplay.

Because Sony doesn't care what one persons opinion is?
#4BigobroPosted 4/29/2012 8:58:14 PM
This does not look like a "ripoff" of ssb and ive played and wasted my life on all 3
---
Psn: Bigobro
#5Pink_a_DinkPosted 4/29/2012 8:58:42 PM
Because Sony wants to improve it. I mean common, think about brawl, but with better characters, better gameplay, and proper online play!
#6SNAKESONPLANE(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2012 9:00:25 PM
Brawl is very... unbalanced to me. I like to describe the SSB series a "party-fighter" and its really hard to compare it to anything before it. My problem with Brawl is that those "party" elements are very unbalanced and it takes away from the gameplay. Its like an ADHD fest with dragoon parts and final smashes and things going on in the levels that it becomes too much.
---
#7reptyle101Posted 4/29/2012 9:04:59 PM
Because Brawl was very successful. More so than Melee. Then again nobody cared about Gamecube so maybe that's the reason.
---
Chase the morning
Yield for nothing.
#8SNAKESONPLANE(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2012 9:10:32 PM
Disagree. Sure Brawl may have outsold Melee by about 2.5 million (9.5M vs. 7M) but compared to how many units per system. There's ~95M Wiis but only about 21M Gamecubes.

So roughly 10% of Wiis have Brawl
33% of Gamecubes have Melee
---
#9blazeUP12Posted 4/29/2012 9:13:25 PM
They didn't copy Brawl exactly. More like copied the whole concept of Smash and then modified it to be their own.
---
hello earthlings, i am from another planet
#10shigerufanaticPosted 4/29/2012 9:23:44 PM
lol beat it in a weekend. Seems like somebody miss the point of a fighting game.
Did you beat Street Fighter or Tekken in a weekend too?

also inb4 smash isnt a fighting game.

TBH though, I wish this played more like Power Stone than Smash.
---
YOU HAD A SEXY PHASE?!!?!