Question: Anyone here likes Kratos as a character?

#51Majora999Posted 5/2/2012 8:18:14 PM
Taizuku posted...
majora999 posted...
Kratos, in my honest opinion, is the Villain Protagonist for most of God of War (GoW3 he's technically a hero, but as to why doesn't come into play until the very end). As a protagonist, as a heroic player character, he's a terrible character. As a VILLAIN, he's awesome. Badass, remorseless, exceedingly powerful, let's NOOOTHING stand in his way. If you think of Kratos as a hero, or even an anti-hero, someone you're supposed to root for? He's a pitiful excuse for a whiny b****, but if you think of him like a villain he's actually a touch compelling.

You're referring to an Anti-Hero.

Not exactly, my referance was a Villain Protagonist, where, simply put, you play as the bad guy throughout a story. The first example that comes to mind is Invader Zim. Dib's obviously the good guy, but Zim, the one trying to kill us all, is the focus. Kratos was ultimately revealed to be doing good, but not on purpose, as far as I'm considered, up until the last scenes of GoW3, he was a villain.
---
Not changing sig until Gamefreak brings back R/S/E Secret Bases ~ 2/20/11
#52TaizukuPosted 5/2/2012 8:21:54 PM
majora999 posted...
Taizuku posted...
majora999 posted...
Kratos, in my honest opinion, is the Villain Protagonist for most of God of War (GoW3 he's technically a hero, but as to why doesn't come into play until the very end). As a protagonist, as a heroic player character, he's a terrible character. As a VILLAIN, he's awesome. Badass, remorseless, exceedingly powerful, let's NOOOTHING stand in his way. If you think of Kratos as a hero, or even an anti-hero, someone you're supposed to root for? He's a pitiful excuse for a whiny b****, but if you think of him like a villain he's actually a touch compelling.

Not exactly, my referance was a Villain Protagonist, where, simply put, you play as the bad guy throughout a story. The first example that comes to mind is Invader Zim. Dib's obviously the good guy, but Zim, the one trying to kill us all, is the focus. Kratos was ultimately revealed to be doing good, but not on purpose, as far as I'm considered, up until the last scenes of GoW3, he was a villain.

Wait...wasn't he doing bad, but not on purpose? Pandora's box put fear and rage into him, prolonging his behavior.
---
Skullgirls > The World
PSN: MobileFlame
#53Majora999Posted 5/2/2012 8:23:39 PM
Taizuku posted...
majora999 posted...
Taizuku posted...
majora999 posted...

Wait...wasn't he doing bad, but not on purpose? Pandora's box put fear and rage into him, prolonging his behavior.

Well Your Mileage May Vary on that one, the way I see it Rage went to Hades and Fear to Zeus. As far as I know the only thing Kratos took from the box was Hope, the rest was all him.
---
#54TaizukuPosted 5/2/2012 8:25:03 PM
majora999 posted...

Well Your Mileage May Vary on that one, the way I see it Rage went to Hades and Fear to Zeus. As far as I know the only thing Kratos took from the box was Hope, the rest was all him.

I just figured that it overcame all of them. But you could be right. Either way, what was done was done and Kratos was a badass while doing it and remorseful afterwards.
---
Skullgirls > The World
#55Majora999Posted 5/2/2012 8:27:34 PM
Taizuku posted...
majora999 posted...

I just figured that it overcame all of them. But you could be right. Either way, what was done was done and Kratos was a badass while doing it and remorseful afterwards.

Exactly, I'll admit he made a Heel Face Turn (villain becomes hero) at the very end, when he finally accepted his actions and felt remorse for what he'd done. But up until then? Dude was pretty evil. Maybe Ascension will help his image a bit, but that's a ways away.
---
#56TaizukuPosted 5/2/2012 8:29:18 PM
majora999 posted...
Taizuku posted...
majora999 posted...

Exactly, I'll admit he made a Heel Face Turn (villain becomes hero) at the very end, when he finally accepted his actions and felt remorse for what he'd done. But up until then? Dude was pretty evil. Maybe Ascension will help his image a bit, but that's a ways away.

I look forward to it
---
Skullgirls > The World
#57Majora999Posted 5/2/2012 8:32:14 PM
Taizuku posted...
majora999 posted...
Taizuku posted...
majora999 posted...

I look forward to it

Same here :) And, eh, to get back on topic and actually ANSWER the question, I hate Kratos as a hero, but I love him as a villain.
---
#58Sylus2015Posted 5/2/2012 8:36:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlZGEsBogqo

How can you dislike such a lovable character?
---
Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent and discerning if he holds his tongue - Proverbs 17:28
For all intents and purposes, just know me as The Mute...