New play modes revealed!

#21ZEOPOWER6Posted 4/30/2012 9:51:48 PM
sinncross posted...
what a rubbish list of modes...

seriously they should be adding other fun stuff like an Ape Escape mode where the point is to use your super to catch apes that run around the level... person with the most wins..

There's still time to add things like that, but that's kind of a weird demand considering that this isn't really a party mini-game game...
#22sinncrossPosted 4/30/2012 9:57:43 PM
I understand they are doing a fighting game, but they are incorporating different IP's together.

The concept of Ape Escape itself lends itself to a mode for so many different genres....

and it would make interesting use of the supers since all 4 players need to hurt each other to get AP just to hit apes for points. Its not really any different to how the original game works except that supers are used on other creatures and not your opponents.

they should have fun with the game modes... they are doing so with the roster list and level design.
---
Movie Review Blog: http://cruizd.blogspot.com
Japan is so nice!
#23ZEOPOWER6Posted 4/30/2012 9:59:40 PM
sinncross posted...
I understand they are doing a fighting game, but they are incorporating different IP's together.

The concept of Ape Escape itself lends itself to a mode for so many different genres....

and it would make interesting use of the supers since all 4 players need to hurt each other to get AP just to hit apes for points. Its not really any different to how the original game works except that supers are used on other creatures and not your opponents.

they should have fun with the game modes... they are doing so with the roster list and level design.

True, but that's way too specific of a mode even though it might work well.
#24MightymegaPosted 4/30/2012 10:01:15 PM
jakestar0306 posted...
These aren't new; they're all in SSBB.

Smash brothers doesn't have online tourney mode you fail.
---
true megaman fan and CFE Ingrid fan
#25MightymegaPosted 4/30/2012 10:03:40 PM
JStein0222 posted...
blaze19_0X posted...
1 vs 1 better be in.

I really hope it doesn't force to use 4 players/CPUs.

Growing more fearful of this every day

Tell me how many games that have been 4 players that force it on you? Even tekken tag 1 didn't force you to play 2 vs 2, or that cartoon network game. Why are people worrying about things that you know will be in the game.
---
true megaman fan and CFE Ingrid fan
#2661degrees(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2012 5:08:38 AM
Mightymega posted...
JStein0222 posted...
blaze19_0X posted...
1 vs 1 better be in.

Tell me how many games that have been 4 players that force it on you? Even tekken tag 1 didn't force you to play 2 vs 2, or that cartoon network game. Why are people worrying about things that you know will be in the game.

There are many games that force 4. just the otherr are computer.
I guess street fighter x tekken is the newest to do it.

As for the mini game idea, i agree.
Fighting is good and all. but it'd be fun to do other things.. i don't mean completly different, but maybe just like.. "Pop as many balloons as you can!" on a stage using all your fighting moves. or "get to the top of the stage"
or a survival mode or something..
#27Goul111Posted 5/1/2012 5:22:51 AM
61degrees posted...
Mightymega posted...
JStein0222 posted...
blaze19_0X posted...
1 vs 1 better be in.

There are many games that force 4. just the otherr are computer.
I guess street fighter x tekken is the newest to do it.

As for the mini game idea, i agree.
Fighting is good and all. but it'd be fun to do other things.. i don't mean completly different, but maybe just like.. "Pop as many balloons as you can!" on a stage using all your fighting moves. or "get to the top of the stage"
or a survival mode or something..

Street Fight x Tekken, even the Tekken Tag games are a different case if you want to put it that way. In tag games, you, the one play, usually control 2 characters one off screen, and the opponent controls the AI. Sure you can argue that SFxT doesn't have a 1v1 mode, and it doesn't, but for that game its not really required.
---
https://www.google.com/landing/takeaction/ http://americancensorship.org/
Let's keep our internet uncensored. Sign these petitions and fight the SOPA and PIPA.
#28JStein0222Posted 5/1/2012 7:10:19 AM
Mightymega posted...
JStein0222 posted...
blaze19_0X posted...
1 vs 1 better be in.

Okay let's chill. The only reason I can see it being forced 4 is the KO system. What if it just doesn't work too well with one on one matches? This would put a greater emphasis on playing online with other actual players.
I agree wiith you, I'm sure there will be 1 vs 1. But just being cautious.
---
PSN: jsnake22
#29TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 5/1/2012 7:18:41 AM
Mightymega posted...
JStein0222 posted...
blaze19_0X posted...
1 vs 1 better be in.

We don't know anything about that yet and neither do you. It's not like it's foolish to think they may verlook it. Take Battlefield 3 for example. You can't customize your weapon kits or even quit the lobby in between rounds. All you can do is look at the reward screen. Yes, it sounds like a no-brainer, but they left it out. The same thing can happen here, then again, maybe it won't happen. Again, nobody knows at this point, and that includes you.