Why do the graphics suck?

#1DarnstuffPosted 4/30/2012 7:53:33 PM
Honestly, there's no excuse for this. If sony really wants this to be a big name game, one would think that more effort would be put into it. Nearly all of the screenshots of this game consist of green, grey, brown n bloom. To drive home my point, they had to put a white outline over the characters just to make them visible amongst the background. All-in-all, it just makes the game look terrible.

Hell, even Brawl looks better than this graphically, which is quite pathetic, because, well, Brawl is a freaking WII game!
#2christiankid7Posted 4/30/2012 7:54:45 PM
they aren't that bad and its coming out in December of this year...IIRC this is a WIP
---
The Official ANTI-VENOM of the UMVC3 boards
STRIDE OR DIE
#3Crystal_DreamPosted 4/30/2012 7:55:13 PM
I think it looks alright...
Not amazing like the games the characters come from (God of War, Killzone, etc) but fitting suppose.
---
"I like ****ing silly *****es because I know my ***** likes it." - Kenny McCormick (South Park Season 10).
#43D3Posted 4/30/2012 7:56:36 PM
Game isn't out yet and it's a different art style. It's like saying Journey's graphics suck, which they don't, it's just a different art style.

BTW, this is Superbot's first game, cut them some slack.
---
Because Naughty Dog
Joel+Ellie=Jelly...You Jelly?
#5pixel378Posted 4/30/2012 8:02:59 PM
3D3 posted...
Game isn't out yet and it's a different art style. It's like saying Journey's graphics suck, which they don't, it's just a different art style.

If they aren't talented enough to handle such a high profile game then then shouldn't be handling it.
---
MGO- Mr. Detroit
#6ZEOPOWER6Posted 4/30/2012 8:03:14 PM
Darnstuff posted...
Honestly, there's no excuse for this. If sony really wants this to be a big name game, one would think that more effort would be put into it. Nearly all of the screenshots of this game consist of green, grey, brown n bloom. To drive home my point, they had to put a white outline over the characters just to make them visible amongst the background. All-in-all, it just makes the game look terrible.

Hell, even Brawl looks better than this graphically, which is quite pathetic, because, well, Brawl is a freaking WII game!

Actually, the white outline is to indicate who has supers.

And the green/gray/brown is mostly because the stages are pretty dark except for the LBP one.
#7Crystal_DreamPosted 4/30/2012 8:04:00 PM
3D3 posted...

Not an excuse, but I agree with the first comment;
The graphics are the result of an art style; If they wanted a true HD game, they wouldn't include Parappa or Sly Cooper
---
"I like ****ing silly *****es because I know my ***** likes it." - Kenny McCormick (South Park Season 10).
#8ZEOPOWER6Posted 4/30/2012 8:05:01 PM
Crystal_Dream posted...
The graphics are the result of an art style; If they wanted a true HD game, they wouldn't include Parappa or Sly Cooper

Why are you thinking of the game as 'not true HD'?
#9Darnstuff(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2012 8:07:21 PM
Anyone thinking that they'll be tweaking the graphics before release

The reality is, they won't.

The graphics on this game isn't "art style". It's just bad. The difference between Journey and this game is that Journey was at least visually appealing, and consisted of more than three colors.

And I still find it hilarious that Sony would just hand over their IPs to some unknown developer. This is worse than Capcom giving over DmC to NT.
#10Crystal_DreamPosted 4/30/2012 8:09:22 PM
ZEOPOWER6 posted...
Crystal_Dream posted...

Why are you thinking of the game as 'not true HD'?

It's just something I say to simplify things.
HD is a generally accepted term for "jaw-dropping" graphics anyway.
---