Gran Turismo MUST get some representation

#31EvilSakuraiPosted 5/1/2012 8:10:08 AM
Raven_Cyarm posted...
Kingdancealot posted...
People on gaming forums just don't like racing games (at least ones without explosions).

That's a hell of an excuse.

It's a genre in where you don't really have much to talk about.

Maybe so, but that doesn't stop people from being able to recommend it in topics that ask for good exclusives.

No one really talks about games such as Tetris or Angry Birds in forums, but you cannot deny that those games are iconic.

But they do their job as being perfect for the medium they get used on. Simplistic, pick up and play fun. Gran Turismo touts itself as the racing simulator. It simulates boredom well, but not a whole lot else.

I'm not much of a racing sim fan, but it's ignorant to not recognize GT as one of, if not THE premier PS franchise.

I'm not saying it's not a big franchise, but it's not one of the top 5 of this gen or any other, that's for damn sure.

As has been said, the game's damn demo, sold a lot more than the other "massive exclusives" like GoW, and Uncharted.

Which goes to show not only the ability for them to milk gamers for every cent they can... and their ability to hype up a very boring 'simulator' as the end all, be all of gaming.

I guess you just don't like racing sims.

I actually own a copy of GT5, and other than the fact that many of the cars aren't actually that detailed, it's a fabulous game, and I enjoy it. Gran Turismo 5 was a huge seller, and some people with PS3s ONLY PLAY GT5, and often ONLY OWN GT5. It's one of those games that certain groups of people will buy, and won't get anything else, because they don't enjoy most other generas. Sorta like how some fighting game players don't buy anything else, and same with some RTS players.

Gran Turismo is too big a franchise to not be in the game in some way. I'd love to see a random driver hitting people in exotic cars, but that isn't likely. I expect it'll be represented as a stage, sort of how Buzz is.
---
Respect the badge, he earned it with his blood.
Fear the gun, your sentence may be death because I AM THE LAW!
#32spacejamjordanzPosted 5/1/2012 5:38:55 PM
It's only right that they pay some kind of tribute to Gran Turismo. Even of its just a couple if GT themes stages.

Look how they themes the LBP stage. The level is basically being created while you fight. I thought that was pretty cool.

You can have the players fighting on the track while cars roll through...or you can have a stage that has cars rolling through the pit stop.
---
"Attack me if you dare. I will crush you." Ken Masters <Street Fighter II>
#33_NeroZero_Posted 5/1/2012 5:50:00 PM
Living cars FTW!

And before you ask, no, not really. Just imagining this for some lolz. Your main attack is... to ram over other people. Wow, I mean, WOW.
---
Be kind to people.They're outnumbering you from 8 billion to one.
#34fawfulmark2Posted 5/1/2012 6:03:24 PM
Raven_Cyarm posted...
SadCubsFan posted...
Raven_Cyarm posted...
SadCubsFan posted...
It;s by far Sony's biggest exclusive series.

LOL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_PlayStation_2_video_games
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_games#PlayStation_3

you looking hella silly right about now

Sales =/= Good

I think establishing the Racing Sim genre boosts it up to being a good series alone.
---
Official Pipo Snake of the PAS board.
#35TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 5/1/2012 6:07:57 PM
LOL Raven's attempt at damage control for his first post is hilarious