ATTN: Important info about the way people see this game.

#1EvilSakuraiPosted 5/2/2012 9:38:34 AM
PlayStation All-Stars draws in many different types of players, and because of that, you must understand that these people have many different expectations and should be understood before you start an unnecessary flame war or a stupid topic. These aren't definite outlines, but are more of guidelines.

Sony fan: This guy is here to play as Sony characters. He's a Sony fan first, and nothing else. He's content. He's going to make large rosters, including characters that have no chance of getting in. Get used to it. There are going to be a couple of these guys. These guys just want to talk about the old days.

Ways to please: Talk about the roster. Talk about old Sony games.
Ways to anger: Try to claim Nintendo's superiority.

Smash Bro: This guy played SSB, and wants to play the next big thing. He's most likely a bit of a Nintendo fanboy, and cares about things like characters, and such. He doesn't understand many of the other users here, like Mr. FGC, and he doesn't like Melee Elite. he understands Mad Brawler, but disagrees with him.

Ways to please: Talk to him about modes and stuff. Excite him about online play.
Ways to anger: Tell him he's a casual. Talk about Competitive play.

Mad Brawler: This guy played SSB, more likely Brawl, and is mad that Sony gets a smash game. Mostly, this guy is just mad that people don't have to buy a Wii to play a smash game, and is most likely a big Nintendo Fanboy. He hates Melee Elite with a passion, and has no idea what Mr. FGC is talking about.

Ways to please: Compliment Brawl. Compliment Nintendo.
Ways to anger: Say Brawl sucked. Compliment Melee. Claim Smash isn't a fighting game.

Melee Elite: This guy was a hardcore Melee (or SSB, or possibly Brawl) player. He most likely hated how Brawl made the game, in his eyes, less fun... As well as not competitive. He's hoping this will be competitive. Melee Elite somewhat understands Mr. FGC, but Mr. FGC looks at Melee Elite as a joke. Melee Elite also gets hate from Smash Bro, and Mad Brawler.

Ways to please: Talk about gameplay and balance. Compliment melee. Insult Brawl.
Ways to anger: Say that you shouldn't play Smash competitively, nor this game. Insult Melee/64. Say Brawl is Better than Melee or 64.

Mr. FGC: This guy is a fighting game player. Period. He's here because A. He might also be a Sony Fan. B. He might also be Melee Elite. or C. He heard that this game is being worked on Fighting Game pros, and might be a good game. He laughs at Melee Elite, unless he is Melee Elite. He things Mad Brawler and Smash Bro are scrubs (And he's right 99% of the time).

Ways to please: Talk about gameplay and balance. Talk about new mechanics.
Ways to anger: Say that Smash is better than regular fighting games. Compliment games for "Simplifying things". Claim that Smash is a fighting game in general. Pretend like you know about fighting games (Because unless you're Mr. FGC, you don't know **** about fighting games, trust me.)
---
Respect the badge, he earned it with his blood.
Fear the gun, your sentence may be death because I AM THE LAW!
#2EvilSakurai(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2012 9:38:57 AM
Now that these main archetypes are out of the way, here's advice for all of the people.
Sony Fan: Nothing. You did nothing wrong, unless you're insulting Nintendo, in that case just quit it or the swarms of Smash Bros and Mad Brawlers are going to start a flamewar.

Smash Bro: Understand that what you play as SSB isn't everybody's SSB. Also, understand that this game IS targeting competitive players, and you're going to have to deal with it. Also, don't talk about Fighting Games other than Smash, because Mr. FGC and his homies will start a flamewar if you do that, since you're set to say something stupid.

Mad Brawler: Get off the board. Seriously, if you don't like Playstation Allstars, and you're only here to say how Brawl is better, blah blah blah, you're a troll. If you aren't a troll, and you're going to get this, then avoid talking about Brawl, since Melee Elite's posse will jump on you and start a flamewar as fast as possible.

Melee Elite: Mark your "Competitive talk" threads. Don't talk about competitive stuff in casual threads. If you talk about competitive play too much, you'll start a flamewar with the entire board.

Mr.FGC: Avoid talking to anybody but Sony Fan and Melee Elite, because you know that the rest of the board are the kind of people that you stomp day in and day out on SF/BB/MvC/SG/SC/TK/VF/KOF/ect, and whine when you beat them, and scrub up the boards, by calling you "cheap". On a normal FGC board, they'd be called "Scrubs", and the board would ridicule them, but on this board, they make up the majority (But not as much of a majority as on the Smash Bros Board... Trust me.) so you'll just cause a flame war if you try to stomp out scrubs.
---
#3MetaQuantumPosted 5/2/2012 9:42:15 AM
That's some good posting, Sakurai! :D
#4EffectAndCausePosted 5/2/2012 9:44:19 AM
For the love of God, sticky the HELL out of this topic.
---
http://i52.tinypic.com/s2yvzd.jpg
http://i55.tinypic.com/209m34j.jpg
#5fuzi11Posted 5/2/2012 10:14:00 AM
The only two that are missing:

Sony Elitist: Everything Nintendo is crap. Hates on Nintendo for no reason other than it is Nintendo. Hates Trash Bros with a passion. hates on it in every possible moment ( I saw too many in here)

Gamer: hey cool another Party Fighter with Characters I know ( I saw too few in here)
#6EvilSakurai(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2012 11:33:53 AM
fuzi11 posted...

Sony Elitist: Everything Nintendo is crap. Hates on Nintendo for no reason other than it is Nintendo. Hates Trash Bros with a passion. hates on it in every possible moment ( I saw too many in here)

Gamer: hey cool another Party Fighter with Characters I know ( I saw too few in here)

That'd just be a more aggressive version of the Sony Fan.
---
#7patanu102Posted 5/2/2012 11:36:47 AM
You can please some of the brawlers some of the time, but you cant please all the brawlers all of the time.
#8SuplexKirbyPosted 5/2/2012 12:13:24 PM
fuzi11 posted...

Its the same for sony but worst.
#9Rojo_Posted 5/2/2012 3:03:19 PM
Wow the first post looks like a guideline to trolling knowing what makes them tick.
#10geneocidePosted 5/2/2012 3:12:00 PM
I am either Mr FGC (or something like that ) or just a gamer....
---
Official Wander of the PSASBR board.