What makes you think this will be released in Japan? Sonic and SEGA ASR wasn't!

#1Nate_DihldorffPosted 5/4/2012 6:07:37 AM
Sony didn't even publish God of War, one of their biggest franchises, in Japan!

There is a high chance that Japanese characters will be far and few between in this game. That's the downside for having a North American developer work on the game.

As for 3rd parties, we're lucky to get Scorpion from Mortal Kombat, Crash, Spyro, and... James Bond. lol
---
http://kotaku.com/5811665/2011-is-all-about-the-gun-barrels
#2MAUIBOI_808Posted 5/4/2012 6:12:14 AM
is there a PlayStation Exclusive game that never left American soil?
#3ZEOPOWER6Posted 5/4/2012 6:33:52 AM(edited)
Nate_Dihldorff posted...

There is a high chance that Japanese characters will be far and few between in this game. That's the downside for having a North American developer work on the game.

As for 3rd parties, we're lucky to get Scorpion from Mortal Kombat, Crash, Spyro, and... James Bond. lol

Japanese gaming sites are covering this game?

Also I think the Japanese would like to be able to play a game like this without having to import it from the States. There's just a lot of money to be potentially made and it would be incredibly odd for them to decide not to release it in Japan.

http://www.4gamer.net/games/154/G015492/
^-- there's also this which may or may not indicate a possible Japanese release

http://www.4gamer.net/games/143/G014398/
^--Sega and Sonic All Stars Racing's iPhone version also has a listing here while the PS3/etc. edition is not listed
#4Wario_manPosted 5/4/2012 6:21:50 AM
Because I like to think every game gets released everywhere since there's no reason it shouldn't be. I like to pretend we live in a world where good things happen, sue me.
---
All your children are poor unfortunate victims of systems beyond their control, a plague upon your ignorance and the gray despair of your ugly life.
#5MAUIBOI_808Posted 5/4/2012 6:22:55 AM
Nate_Dihldorff posted...

Where else are they going to get characters?
Japan was dominant in video games PS1/Ps2 era
#6SuplexKirbyPosted 5/4/2012 6:46:43 AM
Don't know

Maybe because it isn't a Nintendo, RE or Monster Hunter. This game probably wouldn't sell in japan anyway. I'm surprised they didn't get Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, maybe that wouldn't sell because it isn't a Mario Kart.
#7Wario_manPosted 5/4/2012 8:00:33 AM
I also didn't give any inclination that I thought it would be released in Japan and I don't see why you would think that if you hadn't read my post.
---
Respect isn't learned, it's earned.