A cool idea that would never happen.

#1pixel378Posted 5/4/2012 3:17:16 PM
Simply put, a stage creator in which you had a limited space you could create in with Littlebigplanet materials, pistons and stuff for moving platforms etc.
---
MGO- Mr. Detroit
#2Seksii_Gurl_x0Posted 5/4/2012 3:18:05 PM
It'll be in the sequel.
---
Officially the Seksii valet for Kakashi_Lawyer
#3geneocidePosted 5/4/2012 3:19:46 PM
pixel378 posted...
Simply put, a stage creator in which you had a limited space you could create in with Littlebigplanet materials, pistons and stuff for moving platforms etc.

Might be in this....Imagine if they gave you the LBP level creator in this....
---
Official Wander of the PSASBR board.
#4dantedeschain13Posted 5/4/2012 3:21:49 PM
Really awesome idea that could one up SSB. More of a sequel thing, as said above, cause of how ambitious that would be
#5pixel378(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2012 3:22:32 PM
geneocide posted...
pixel378 posted...

Might be in this....Imagine if they gave you the LBP level creator in this....

Even just material smudging, corner editor, and pistons, bolts would be fine. Nothing fancy. It would be the best stage editor in a fighter ever.
---
MGO- Mr. Detroit
#64RK_4NG3LPosted 5/4/2012 4:53:49 PM
Brawl has a basic level creator, so I would assume that Sony would naturally try to 1-up them. It's possible.
---
People on the Xbox forums obsess about fps. People on the Ps3 forums obsess about exclusives. People on the PC forums obsess about graphics. They all suck.
#7pixel378(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2012 4:58:48 PM
4RK_4NG3L posted...
Brawl has a basic level creator, so I would assume that Sony would naturally try to 1-up them. It's possible.

Brawls creator is a turd, basically.
---
MGO- Mr. Detroit
#8Chzrm3Posted 5/4/2012 5:39:25 PM
4RK_4NG3L posted...

At some point they'll definitely try. I'm not sure if it's something they'll work into the first game, but if not, they'll probably try to fit one into the sequel.

And yeah, LBP is a perfect fit for it thematically ~and~ content-wise. As someone else said, you don't even need all the robust level-building elements from LBP. Just a few basic options and you'll have something that's worlds beyond most level editors.

Look at Smash's. I love the game, but their stage editor was really paltry. I didn't even have the option to add fire/water/acid to the bottom of the stage. I mean c'mon, that's in the game! How can I not put it on my stages? Q_Q Never mind all the really frustrating stuff like how placing objects would "Crowd out" other objects, so even if they weren't even close to touching, you couldn't put them next to each other. I hated that.

What really killed it, though, was the extremely limited art choices. There were about four backgrounds to choose from, and you couldn't even swap the tilesets for platforms. This is stuff that's already in the game, it takes nothing for Nintendo to add them in as options in the editor. Why can't I use the platforms from, say, Yoshi's Island instead of the standard wooden platforms? Why can't I use the background from Battlefield instead of that backdrop of the mountains or inside of a factory that I had to use about 20 times?

Never mind how far they could've taken it. They could've done an actual level editor, where you go onto a crazy level like Pirate Ship and add your own tweaks and changes, modify the programming, etc. (Imagine something as simple as turning the water on Pirate Ship into lava, or removing it completely and letting people fall right off the edge. Suddenly the level is COMPLETELY different, with just a little tweak).

In short, I was disappoint in Brawl's level editor. If Sony doesn't have one/if it's weak that's okay because it's their first outing, but I know they've got what it takes to really put Brawl's to shame when they get around to it.

I was really excited for Brawl's level editor and it ended up being really disappointing.
#9pixel378(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2012 5:47:55 PM
Chzrm3 posted...
4RK_4NG3L posted...

At some point they'll definitely try. I'm not sure if it's something they'll work into the first game, but if not, they'll probably try to fit one into the sequel.

And yeah, LBP is a perfect fit for it thematically ~and~ content-wise. As someone else said, you don't even need all the robust level-building elements from LBP. Just a few basic options and you'll have something that's worlds beyond most level editors.

Look at Smash's. I love the game, but their stage editor was really paltry. I didn't even have the option to add fire/water/acid to the bottom of the stage. I mean c'mon, that's in the game! How can I not put it on my stages? Q_Q Never mind all the really frustrating stuff like how placing objects would "Crowd out" other objects, so even if they weren't even close to touching, you couldn't put them next to each other. I hated that.

What really killed it, though, was the extremely limited art choices. There were about four backgrounds to choose from, and you couldn't even swap the tilesets for platforms. This is stuff that's already in the game, it takes nothing for Nintendo to add them in as options in the editor. Why can't I use the platforms from, say, Yoshi's Island instead of the standard wooden platforms? Why can't I use the background from Battlefield instead of that backdrop of the mountains or inside of a factory that I had to use about 20 times?

Never mind how far they could've taken it. They could've done an actual level editor, where you go onto a crazy level like Pirate Ship and add your own tweaks and changes, modify the programming, etc. (Imagine something as simple as turning the water on Pirate Ship into lava, or removing it completely and letting people fall right off the edge. Suddenly the level is COMPLETELY different, with just a little tweak).

In short, I was disappoint in Brawl's level editor. If Sony doesn't have one/if it's weak that's okay because it's their first outing, but I know they've got what it takes to really put Brawl's to shame when they get around to it.

I was really excited for Brawl's level editor and it ended up being really disappointing.

Good post, i agree.

I wonder how hard something like this really would have been to implement, I wonder if this idea was thought of during development, as it could have REALLY differentiated it from Brawl and other fighters where stages are pretty basic and background oriented. I know first hand people would use a simple lbp creator to make tremendous visual stages in a quick time.
---
MGO- Mr. Detroit
#10CaffeineSnorterPosted 5/4/2012 6:00:06 PM

Awesome post.

If this game has even half of the customization of the LBP then yeah the level editor will be amazing for a game like this.
---
http://imgur.com/gallery/vdv5L
http://i112.piczo.com/view/3/6/6/3/3/x/o/e/1/o/o/p/img/t183449930_61097_3.gif