People need to stop saying this is just the "first game"

#1JohnbobbPosted 5/6/2012 9:30:05 PM
Since when has something being the first game ever justified considerable flaws. Sony isn't a child; there's no "It was only your first try, you'll do better next time."

I'm sure this game will be great, because the people at Sony know that in order for the game to be respected, they need to earn it.

And don't say "Oh, it took Smash Bros. three games to get this far." Smash Bros started on the Nintendo 64. PSASBR is starting on the PS3, arguably the best system of the generation.

I certainly dont expect them to half ass anything just because it CAN be improved in the next game. I expect them to make the best game they can possibly make, and anyone who disagrees is really just doing a disservice to themselves and all other consumers.
---
I am the Box Ghost. Beware.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqz6jrOvvK1qd3p2to1_500.gif
#2StaticnovaPosted 5/6/2012 9:31:44 PM
If anything, that argument is the one I've seen the least.
---
Awaiting: Guild Wars 2, Bioshock: Infinite, The Last of Us, God of War: Ascension, Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale.
PSN: Ambulance-Chaser
#3Johnbobb(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2012 9:36:31 PM
Well, it's pointless to argue against the "This is just Smash Bros" argument at this point.
---
I am the Box Ghost. Beware.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqz6jrOvvK1qd3p2to1_500.gif
#4DarkFistsPosted 5/6/2012 9:50:32 PM
If that's in response to the cast thing, it makes sense, they need to keep the roster unique, but fun, and they also need to flesh out the mechanics...

Nobody is giving them a free ride if they deliver crap, if that's what you're trying to say...the size of the roster isn't the same as delivering a crappy game
---
PSN=Gelthidor
#5pixel378Posted 5/6/2012 9:53:52 PM
"20 good smash started with 12"

That was on the N64 guys, quality has gone way up since then, the dev teams are huge and tons of money goes into these projects.

Preach it bro.
---
MGO- Mr. Detroit
#6DarkFistsPosted 5/6/2012 9:56:14 PM
pixel378 posted...

That was on the N64 guys, quality has gone way up since then, the dev teams are huge and tons of money goes into these projects.

Preach it bro.

I'll use a current gen game then...Blazblue

Anyways, 24 characters for the first game gives them room to expand...these fighters with 50+ characters have had years to expand, we're just saying that you should think realistically, and not expect 50+ characters when they have to make an entire system from scratch
---
PSN=Gelthidor
#7Big_Brownie25Posted 5/6/2012 10:17:27 PM
DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC DLC

What does that mean kids?
#8geneocidePosted 5/7/2012 12:30:53 AM
DarkFists posted...
pixel378 posted...

Preach it bro.

Anyways, 24 characters for the first game gives them room to expand...these fighters with 50+ characters have had years to expand, we're just saying that you should think realistically, and not expect 50+ characters when they have to make an entire system from scratch

Blazblue started with 12 characters, I think. That is this gen. Heck it still only has like 19 characters.
---
Official Wander of the PSASBR board.
#9DarkFistsPosted 5/7/2012 12:38:15 AM
geneocide posted...
DarkFists posted...
pixel378 posted...

Preach it bro.

Blazblue started with 12 characters, I think. That is this gen. Heck it still only has like 19 characters.

Exactly why I used it as a current gen example of a popular game series using less than 20 characters still, after what...4 games in a few years? Heck, Brawl only had what, 35 characters?
---
PSN=Gelthidor
#10geneocidePosted 5/7/2012 12:43:12 AM
DarkFists posted...
geneocide posted...
DarkFists posted...
pixel378 posted...

Preach it bro.

Exactly why I used it as a current gen example of a popular game series using less than 20 characters still, after what...4 games in a few years? Heck, Brawl only had what, 35 characters?

Blazblue CT
Blazblue CT portable
Blazblue CS
Blazblue CS 2
Blazblue CS extend

Yea 5 games.
---
Official Wander of the PSASBR board.