I could easily see patches ruining this game...

#1Kai101xPosted 5/8/2012 2:29:05 PM
We have a "smash style" type game on PS3 now. One thing I appreciate about smash brother brawl was that whatever the game was like, that's what it was going to be like hands down. No patches to nerf/buff whoever, decrease this or that. Only way to do that was to do that whole gecko os business, which is not really officially permitted by nintendo. This game being on PS3, i can bet people are going whine left and right how " so n so" is overpowered, how a certain item or whatever is cheap, ect. Then they'll patch that only to turn around and patch the patch. I do hope this game is a success and fun, but fans can really ruin a game too. This has happened to quite a few games.
#2TaizukuPosted 5/8/2012 2:32:07 PM
I get what you mean...but there are some patches brawl really needed that it didn't get.
---
Skullgirls > The World
PSN: MobileFlame
#3wwinterj25Posted 5/8/2012 2:33:33 PM
I agree. For the most part patching a game because of the complaints just makes it worse. It's best to leave it how it was originally and concentrate more on fixing bugs.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj add me :D
#4NewMoonShadowPosted 5/8/2012 5:24:35 PM
Metaknight disproves your theory that Brawl was perfect enough on-launch to not need patches.
#5YomigaeruPosted 5/8/2012 5:37:59 PM
Patches would be fine in concept, as long as it's not 'knee-jerk' patching...which likely happens due to too main complaints.

Was anybody here around when SCV first released? If you were, I'm sure you remember the absolute deluge of "Natsu needs a nerf!!!11!" topics for about the first two weeks (well, two weeks after release was all the time I spent there before just moving on).
---
"It means that Sir Issac Newton is the deadliest son of a $%#^ in space."
#6TaizukuPosted 5/8/2012 5:38:45 PM
Yomigaeru posted...
Patches would be fine in concept, as long as it's not 'knee-jerk' patching...which likely happens due to too main complaints.

Was anybody here around when SCV first released? If you were, I'm sure you remember the absolute deluge of "Natsu needs a nerf!!!11!" topics for about the first two weeks (well, two weeks after release was all the time I spent there before just moving on).

That's why we don't listen to scrubs. But honestly, she was pretty bad.
---
Skullgirls > The World
PSN: MobileFlame
#7RoflSyrupPosted 5/8/2012 6:45:18 PM
Metaknight disproves your theory that Brawl was perfect enough on-launch to not need patches.

They didn't say that. <_<

They said that the way Brawl was released was the way it was going to stay. Not that it was so mind-numbingly perfect that it didn't need any patches.
---
Official Vivi Orunitia of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy board.
"How do you prove that you exist? Maybe we don't exist."
#8RagnoraokPosted 5/8/2012 6:58:39 PM
Taizuku posted...
Yomigaeru posted...

That's why we don't listen to scrubs. But honestly, she was pretty bad.

elitism rearing its ugly head.
---
PSN: RichYungThaBest
"What's the point" "There is no point" "Ahh, That's the point"
#9balmung2100Posted 5/8/2012 7:33:10 PM
I agree. If it were patches to fix things like possible lag, glitching or freezing then it's fine. But tweaking characters and mechanics? Hell nah. Things like that ruined battlefield 3 and other games. Everytime people complained, what wasn't broken got fixed which ruined the overall feel of the particular game. I'm normally one to ignore complaints and enjoy a game I like regardless, but this day and age people's complaints really can ruin certain games thanks to companies catering so easily.
---
With this blow....I shall seal your fate!!!
"Yukimura Sanada"
#10MikailinPosted 5/9/2012 2:08:18 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]