PS A-S BR is Smash Brothers...with less features and worse roster?

#1XFactor1Posted 6/7/2012 5:16:18 PM
Smash had more ways in which to win matches.
- Knock opponent off stage
- Most damage dealt
- time limit most kills
- last one standing with a given stock of lives

SSB also has a more iconic and appealing roster of characters.

Why would Sony copy the concept and then half-ass it knowing it doesn't have as much appeal?
---
--
#2Majora999Posted 6/7/2012 5:25:26 PM
Yes. The demo we saw at E3 a minimum of 4 months before the game is released is exactly what we're going to see. 6 items, 8 characters, 1 mode, 3 minute matches. That's it.

It's a good thing you noticed this before we got crazy notions of them keeping things to themselves, or doing more work leading towards launch. You are a voice of the generation.
---
Not changing sig until Gamefreak brings back R/S/E Secret Bases ~ 2/20/11
#3BoxxsPosted 6/7/2012 5:28:54 PM
Well said Majora.
#4McFordmansonPosted 6/7/2012 5:31:07 PM
Troll topic.
Move along, please.
---
Official Big Daddy of the PSASBR Board.
#5RoflSyrupPosted 6/7/2012 5:33:48 PM
I know right? It's so disappointing that we already know every single feature, playable mode, character, stage, and unlockable. Golly gee, this game has absolutely nothing! It's like it's not even ready to release yet. They would have to wait until at least the holiday season to release it. It is so incomplete.

Smash is just so amazing. It's the paragon of fighting games everywhere. Nothing could ever compete with it.
---
Official Vivi Orunitia of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy board.
"How do you prove that you exist? Maybe we don't exist."
#6diebuster2Posted 6/7/2012 5:44:48 PM(edited)
I know right? It's so disappointing that we already know every single feature, playable mode, character, stage, and unlockable. Golly gee, this game has absolutely nothing! It's like it's not even ready to release yet. They would have to wait until at least the holiday season to release it. It is so incomplete.

Smash is just so amazing. It's the paragon of fighting games everywhere. Nothing could ever compete with it.

Yeah you're right. Nintendo obviously owns the rights to this genre. No one should be allowed to make a game out of this.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/951943-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2/56978969
Official Fat Princess of the PSASBR board.
#7KindertotenwaldPosted 6/7/2012 5:49:48 PM
Although tbf the roster as it is now is awful they really need to start showing some REALLY good chars.
#8stargazer1981Posted 6/7/2012 5:49:57 PM
diebuster2 posted...

Yeah you're right. Nintendo obviously owns the rights to this genre. No one should be allowed to make a game out of this.

Name another game that plays exactly like it... aside from Ninja Turtles Smash Up, since that was developed by the same team as Smash Bros.

I'm okay with ripping and stealing, as long as you (a) give credit to the original, and (b) perfect the formula. The former has yet to be done, as far as I know, and the latter will have to wait until closer to release.
---
A teaser for my zombie web series: Viva Humanity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEJwzHQ4hts
#9diebuster2Posted 6/7/2012 5:52:13 PM(edited)
diebuster2 posted...

Name another game that plays exactly like it... aside from Ninja Turtles Smash Up, since that was developed by the same team as Smash Bros.

I'm okay with ripping and stealing, as long as you (a) give credit to the original, and (b) perfect the formula. The former has yet to be done, as far as I know, and the latter will have to wait until closer to release.

If that wasn't obvious enough, I was being sarcastic. And I agree with you.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/951943-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2/56978969
Official Fat Princess of the PSASBR board.
#10Sackboy4mvpPosted 6/7/2012 6:09:08 PM
Majora999 said it best
---
Official Sackboy of PSASBR
PSN: Waluigi4life