PS A-S BR is Smash Brothers...with less features and worse roster?

#21StaticnovaPosted 6/9/2012 6:23:10 PM(edited)
Yes, this game is influenced by Smash, but that wasn't what was being addressed.

He essentially made the point that Smash shouldn't disallow other games to draw influence from it, which would be locking off a genre for the rest of the industry. Are you saying that Smash should lock off the genre?

See, none of this "OMG ripoff" stuff mattered half as much when the game industry was still growing. A game would create a genre, and others would take influence from that while also adding their own tweaks. But this is how the industry grew. It's only because we're now in 2012 with the internet and consumers the way they are that somebody sees any inkling of similarity and they scream "ripoff OMG WTF".

Out of the other similar brawlers I've played, they all have that staple simple control scheme and light-hearted look to them. The only reason people are screaming at this one is because it takes characters from Playstation titles. And that is sure as hell not a feat exclusive to Nintendo, or that should be seen as Nintendo's.
---
Awaiting: GW2, Bioshock: Infinite, The Last of Us, GoW:A, Playstation All-Stars, AC3, Watch Dogs, Beyond.
PSN: Ambulance-Chaser
#22DNewcasltePosted 6/9/2012 6:26:38 PM
Your face is Smash Brothers with less features and worse roster.
#23gangsta_livinPosted 6/9/2012 9:22:23 PM
funny how no one complained about a clone when "onimusha blade warriors" came out, and megaman was on it or "sega super star tennis" being a clone or "mario tennis".
#24pixel378Posted 6/9/2012 9:37:18 PM
This game will have a better roster than Smash bros if you like Playstation more than Nintendo characters.

The roster will be a lot more filling, instead of filler. Smash bros has 8 characters just from Mario, idc if they have their own games, they were all derived from the same series and have all appeared in the same games. This game will have the main characters from each game represented, meaning we will get a whole lot more History and happy fans.
---
MGO- Mr. Detroit
#25_tanjil_Posted 6/9/2012 9:40:21 PM
pixel378 posted...
This game will have a better roster than Smash bros if you like Playstation more than Nintendo characters.

The roster will be a lot more filling, instead of filler. Smash bros has 8 characters just from Mario, idc if they have their own games, they were all derived from the same series and have all appeared in the same games. This game will have the main characters from each game represented, meaning we will get a whole lot more History and happy fans.

I didn't stop to think about that, yeah smash did have alot of characters from same franchises, but then again I think they did cover most of their best selling franchises
#26pixel378Posted 6/9/2012 9:55:08 PM
_tanjil_ posted...
pixel378 posted...

I didn't stop to think about that, yeah smash did have alot of characters from same franchises, but then again I think they did cover most of their best selling franchises

They do, Mario is the most recognizable character of all time from games probably, and they have Pokeman which has acquired god status among hipsters everywhere (I hate hipsters), Legend of Zelda. And then on a lesser scale Star fox, and metroid. And I forgot Kirby.

But thats where the iconic ends. Its not as great as its being championed to be when you think those 6 series account for over half the roster of 35 and PSASBR has 8 series in the first 8 characters.
---
MGO- Mr. Detroit