Microsoft: "You Do Not Want an Xbox Smash Bros. Clone"

#111RagnoraokPosted 6/22/2012 5:23:26 PM
RE4_Stranger posted...
djmaster1994 posted...
bend6000 posted...
Fighters sell the best on the Playstation though, so it makes the most sense for the Sony to capitalize on that market.

no fighting game has sold more copies than Smash Bros.

Smash Bros. is not a fighter. It is more of a brawler. Just as All Stars will most likely end up being. If you compare any fighter (Street Fighter, Tekken, Soul Cal, KoF, Marvel, BlazBlue/GG) to smash they look completely different and play nothing like each other.

this is why everyone is comparing this game to SSB. They are in the same genre, so it would make sense to compare them. However, whenever someone mentions PSASBR and SSB, all ou hear are insecure fanboys screaming, "PSASBR is unique. LEAVE it alone SSB did not create the genre." They swear that any comparison made between this game and SSB is based off of Nintendo fanboyism too. smh
---
PSN: RichYungThaBest
"What's the point" "There is no point" "Ahh, That's the point"
#112Chzrm3Posted 6/22/2012 5:43:25 PM
Ragnoraok posted...
RE4_Stranger posted...
Smash Bros. is not a fighter. It is more of a brawler. Just as All Stars will most likely end up being. If you compare any fighter (Street Fighter, Tekken, Soul Cal, KoF, Marvel, BlazBlue/GG) to smash they look completely different and play nothing like each other.

this is why everyone is comparing this game to SSB. They are in the same genre, so it would make sense to compare them. However, whenever someone mentions PSASBR and SSB, all ou hear are insecure fanboys screaming, "PSASBR is unique. LEAVE it alone SSB did not create the genre." They swear that any comparison made between this game and SSB is based off of Nintendo fanboyism too. smh

It isn't the comparisons that antagonize people, it's the baseless complaining about PSASBR when it isn't even out. "Oh, it's a blatant Smash bros clone" in one breath, then "wow there's no % system? fail!" in the next.

But of course you knew that. ; )
#113RagnoraokPosted 6/22/2012 5:49:04 PM
Chzrm3 posted...
Ragnoraok posted...
RE4_Stranger posted...

It isn't the comparisons that antagonize people, it's the baseless complaining about PSASBR when it isn't even out. "Oh, it's a blatant Smash bros clone" in one breath, then "wow there's no % system? fail!" in the next.

But of course you knew that. ; )

yeah, but ppl are talking more about the ko system and comparing it to SSB. Ppl want a clone of SSB, not a game that tries so hard to not be a clone it ends up coming up with the dumbest core system ever...
---
#114pixel378Posted 6/22/2012 7:48:07 PM
Ragnoraok posted...
@pixel378

1) sold well? That is really specific. Infamous is not a huge title. It plays similar to prototype which is multiplatform.

2) Need for speed has 70 games? -_-

3) I am arguing that Killzone and Resistance is not well known as shooters. They are not popular. Halo, Gears of War, and COD are the most popular shooters.

4) You are misinformed. The new game will be Metal Gear Rising. Look at the video, it plays more like Ninja Gaiden than a shooter. It also has a different ninja cyborg protagonist. MGS fans are pissed because Sony sold out yet again to appeal to the masses.

5) Wow, 1 TM game in all of this gen does not make it huge. LOL, I have never seen TM on any of the most wanted game lists. No one talks about TM.

6) Like I said, TOTAL sales. Here is a link so you can stop lying and embarrassing yourself.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-10805_3-57394101-75/xbox-360-continues-to-heat-up-gaming-sales/

7) Super Mario Galaxy, Paper Mario, Nintendo Ds, Nintendo 3DS, Mario Cart, Legend of Zelda:Twiglight Princess. Like I said, Nintendo is at the top of the gaming industry, and anyone who claims otherwise is a blind fanboy. here is a link for more Nintendo IPs

http://www.gamespot.com/games.html?platform=1031&mode=top

You say I am uniformed, when all of your responses are"I like it, so others must too. You can't talk because you didn't play every game I did!!" -_-

It is clear that you base all of your comments on your own personal feelings. I dont need to play every single game to comment. Then I would be wasting money just so I could debate with you...which you would disregard anyways. I have what the general consensus say about a game. Sony exclusives are lacking when compared to Nintendo and MS.

The fact that you continue to insult me shows how frustrated you are, and just how immature you are.

1- They are good games! People like them! That validates Infamous as a good IP for Sony.

2- http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=need+for+speed
It has more apparently, I just counted the ones that sold.

3- I agree, Halo and Gears are more popular than Resistance and Killzone and COD is more popular than both. Im just saying they are both good IP's for Sony.

4- ....You could have at least searched it and saved yourself this slap in the face. Heres the link to confirmation of MGS5 http://gematsu.com/2012/06/kojima-confirms-metal-gear-solid-5

5- Your right, Twisted metal isnt a mega popular franchise, but it is loved by fans and has a cult following. It is a good IP for Sony and adds variety to the already diverse options.

And real quick let me point out none of those titles you mentioned are new IP's. I know Nintendo HAS IP's -_- Im saying Sony creates more new IP's constantly.

Also, you keep changing you're argument to the point im not even sure what were talking about anymore. I seriously don't. Are you trying to argue Sony doesn't have good IP's?
---
MGO- Mr. Detroit
#115RagnoraokPosted 6/22/2012 9:28:18 PM
@pixel378

1) So Just because some ppl think a game is good it is automatically considered good by all? Then by that logic there is no such thing as a bad game because there is always a core niche that loves that particular game. They may be good, but they are not GREAT exclusives that make ppl want to buy a system for.

By your logic, Skyrim for the ps3 must be great because it is always on ps3's top 10 wanted games, but it is HORRIBLE for the ps3. I own Skyrim, and after 40 hours, the game froze so much and lagged that it became unplayable. It even messed up my ps3. Had to format the hard drive...twice.

2)Thank you for admitting Halo and Gears are better than Killzone and Resistance. KZ and RE are way more niche, and literally offers a fraction of what Gears and Halo offers. I own KZ3, so trust me when I say Gears of War 2 had more mp content than KZ3.

3)LOL, this article just came out 3 days ago. How can you say they are keeping MGS alive when they are JUST announced the development of a new game 4 years later?

4) Thank you for admitting TM is niche.

5) Sony creates new IP's constantly? Stop twisting words around. Nintendo creates more unique IPs constantly. That is why Nintendo is at the forefront of gaming, and Sony/MS "borrow" concepts from Nintendo like the PS Move and 360 Kinect. Seriously, you are bonkers if you say that Nintendo does not beat out MS and Sony when it comes to constantly new IP's.

Sony does have more diverse exclusives than MS, no one is denying that. However, you claimed that Sony has better exclusives, which assumes that each exclusive is wildly popular, which is far from the case.

You claimed that Sony has better exclusives, when so far you have conceded that Sony has niche exclusives. That was the point of my arguing. I will quote it if you deny it, but you did say that Sony had better exclusives than MS, which is not true. You keep on bouncing from topic to topic to try to prove me wrong and save face. First you said 360 sold more systems because it was cheaper. Then you admitted that it was really because of the superior online. Then you said PS3 was more popular. Then you admitted that 360 was more mainstream making it more popular. Now you claim Sony had better exclusives. Then you basically admitted that Sony has niche exclusives.

I am tired of all the ignorant 360 hat, just because 360 is more popular and mainstream. Its more dumb than the COD hate. They earned their successes, so stop hating. If you want to be a hipster, expect to get shut down a lot.

I want you to admit that the 360 and PS3 are on even grounds, if not then the 360 is slightly on higher grounds.

Each system excels at different things, but also falls flat on other factors. Sony has more diverse exclusives, but lack exclusives that are wildly popular and are under constant development. However, MS has wildly popular exclusives that are constantly under development, but are lacking in diversity. However, it is a fact that the 360 is more popular, because 360 has way more sales and is all over t.v. when compared to the ps3. Hey, MS worked hard to have great online capabilities and Sony did not.

Ps3 has more diverse exclusives that have medium to low replayability, while 360 has fewer exclusives, but have higher playability. Just face it.
---