I'm excited for this game... But I think we need a health system. SIGN HERE!

#1NecternPosted 6/9/2012 8:10:26 PM(edited)
I know there are many of you going: "NO! IT'S ITS OWN GAME! IT DOESN'T NEED ONE!"

But Smash Bro's wasn't the first game to introduce the Health System... Many game's before had one. Smash Bro's just popularized the genre. No reason not to take inspiration form the best and implement your own idea's to make it even better.

I like the new approach of Super's being the only way to kill someone. But that sounds like it would work best in a "Hardcore Mode". If SuperBot could forget the idea of "No, we will not have any percentages" and just go with a classic Health Bar above the Super Bar, than we can all enjoy this game even more.

Now another thing is... as much as some of us may not want one, but this game looks like it could use a delay. Mostly to polish it up and make it look and preform better. But also to include new characters, stages and modes.

There are a ton of people out there crying "Sora!,Cloud!,Crash!,Spyro!," Etc. Etc.

Why not ensure we get the best possible crossover for what could very-well become the best possible party game?

This game can be THE PLAYSTATION GAME just like how Smash Bros became the game for Nintendo consoles. It just needs more time to cook and for the developers (who are already doing a damn fine job) to actually step back for a moment and go to Sony and say

"We can make this game amazing. Give us some more $$$, Give us some more time (a year) and have us release a demo on PSPLUS For Feedback."

This game can be amazing. It all depends on just how good we and SuperBot want it to be.

So, I hope you all took the time to read this. I want this to get many signatures so that we can formally take this to Sony/SuperBot and have us heard. Now if you've read this much, it can't hurt to read a little more.

-Would it really hurt to delay this game a year so it'll have more for you later?
-Would it really hurt this game to include a health system?
-Would it really hurt SuperBot/Sony to forget about priced DLC and have the time to fix everything now?

Let's try to have this gain some attention. I want someone from SuperBot or Sony to listen and actually do what I believe WE want as fans.

I think that if we as a community can get behind this idea and support it, we can really have an AWESOME game that we will play and appreciate for years. Rather than a game we pick up, dabble with for a bit and ultimately decide we don't like for whatever reason, be it that your favorite character didn't make it, that it doesn't have enough modes, that you think it's presentation is too ugly or anything else. So to avoid future dissapoinment lets wait a little longer, while we can.

( We've waited like 10 years already, one more year of wishing for this game can't hurt.)

Lets Shoot For 50 characters. And NO DLC besides free costumes and such.

Lets Shoot For 30 Stages. 25 Can be amalgam to include 2 universe's and 5 original ones.

Lets Shoot For atleast 10 different game modes.
( Arcade (ladder), VS, Story, Hardcore, etc. etc.)

Lets Shoot For A Story Mode. Like Mortal Kombat's. So we can see all our favorite characters interact and have a truly remember able experience.

And while were at it, let's change the name, its too long.

How about " Playstation's Battle Royale" ? Or Even " Clash!" ?? ;)

Thank You For Reading. Please Sign Here If You Agree.

Just remember that everyone thing I said is indeed VERY possible and that it can only happen if YOU want it to .

*SIGNS*
#2McFordmansonPosted 6/9/2012 8:10:35 PM
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

NO.

---
Official Big Daddy of the PSASBR Board.
#3pixel378Posted 6/9/2012 8:12:07 PM
There is NO health system people get over it! They have confirmed it multiple times that it is not there and not happening.

The current system is unique and is getting positive reviews from people including high levels players saying its fun and it works.
---
MGO- Mr. Detroit
#4sworderPosted 6/9/2012 8:13:06 PM
I don't want a health system. Ring outs would be a very welcome addition, however.
---
Aww, I love when trolls develop feelings and become self-aware. - Ark is Back
#5Nectern(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2012 8:13:36 PM
McFordmanson posted...
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

NO.

Care to explain why? I think I've made some valid points and that I have a very sound and well thought out idea. Instead of just saying NO! how about telling me what you think should be done or did you just read the topic title and skip to comment?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gASIIbFM5Uk
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/1105/charactergif.gif
#6soothsayer77Posted 6/9/2012 8:15:35 PM
I can't believe people are still so freaking against this. It's a brand new game guys, with a brand new type of fighting. Why can't you just see how it goes? If it works, wouldn't it be so much cooler to have this unique thing?
#7Nectern(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2012 8:19:57 PM(edited)
soothsayer77 posted...
I can't believe people are still so freaking against this. It's a brand new game guys, with a brand new type of fighting. Why can't you just see how it goes? If it works, wouldn't it be so much cooler to have this unique thing?

I'm all for the new ideas. But why not have that in a separate mode like "Hardcore" where it could fit much better and introduce the Health System for everyone else who is not used to it and actually wants the more "traditional" way of fighting.

I don't think it would be a bad idea to appeal to BOTH types of players. And for ONLINE we could just as easily designate HARDCORE matches, and CASUAL matches.

I am really interested in hearing why it seems you all don't like my idea just so maybe I could hear yours.

Your all making it apparent that you don't like what I have to say and I'm OK with that. Can I just know why?

I feel like Noah preaching to his people... sooner or later the flood will arrive, and by that I mean the complaints and problems people have with the game.
---
#8McFordmansonPosted 6/9/2012 8:22:45 PM
Nectern posted...
soothsayer77 posted...

I'm all for the new ideas. But why not have that in a separate mode like "Hardcore" where it could fit much better and introduce the Health System for everyone else who is not used to it and actually wants the more "traditional" way of fighting.

I don't think it would be a bad idea to appeal to BOTH types of players. And for ONLINE we could just as easily designate HARDCORE matches, and CASUAL matches.

I am really interested in hearing why it seems you all don't like my idea just so maybe I could hear yours.

Your all making it apparent that you don't like what I have to say and I'm OK with that. Can I just know why?

I feel like Noah preaching to his people... sooner or later the flood will arrive, and by that I mean the complaints and problems people have with the game.

It's not as simple as adding a mode.

The game is built around this system. They are inseparable. The moment you change it, you have to go through each and every character, RE-TWEAK THE ENTIRE ROSTER, ALL THE STAGES, AND EVEN THE CONTROLS, all in just a few months.
---
Official Big Daddy of the PSASBR Board.
#9pixel378Posted 6/9/2012 8:26:51 PM
Nectern posted...
soothsayer77 posted...

I think the majority wanted a ring out system because they didn't like the super sytem at first glance because the idea seemed like it could be repetitive and lackluster, but it turns out people are really liking it, and thats coming from fighting game enthusiasts.
Ring outs would be cool but its obvious after watching it the game is totally designed around this new system and they would have to rework the entire game to put this in and its not worth it.
---
MGO- Mr. Detroit
#10Nectern(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2012 8:27:07 PM
McFordmanson posted...
Nectern posted...
soothsayer77 posted...

It's not as simple as adding a mode.

The game is built around this system. They are inseparable. The moment you change it, you have to go through each and every character, RE-TWEAK THE ENTIRE ROSTER, ALL THE STAGES, AND EVEN THE CONTROLS, all in just a few months.

Not to sound ignorant but I'd like to know.

What your proof? Where has SuperBot blatantly said that the game is built around this system. The game looks like it can work with or without this system. everyone has their animations atm and all they need to do is designate this as a separate game type.

No one needs a stronger/weaker move. No stage need any more platforms or items and the control's are just fine and as I'm hearing are almost identical to that of Cartoon Networl's Punch Time Explosion XL.

So again... Please enlighten me or atleast look at my idea with an open mind.
---