All I really want...

#1entropyAEGIS13Posted 6/9/2012 9:47:53 PM
is to have all the characters already unlocked in multiplayer without having to play through story mode. While I'm sure the game could potentially have a great story, I'm getting it primarily to play multiplayer with friends, and I'd rather just jump into the action instead of having to spend of bunch of extra time unlocking characters. Anyone think this would be a nice change from how most fighting games usually go as far as roster lists and unlocks?
---
And remember, Shop smart, Shop S-mart!
#2Seksii_Gurl_x0Posted 6/9/2012 9:53:23 PM
I don't. One of my favorite things about Tekken was unlocking new characters through arcade mode.
---
Officially the Seksii valet for Kakashi_Lawyer
Currently playing: Dragons Dogma, Tomba, Clock Tower, Silent Hill 2 HD
#3soothsayer77Posted 6/9/2012 9:56:20 PM
I kind of like unlocking characters in games like these, but in more down to earth fighters I hate it. However even though I somewhat enjoyed unlocking characters in Brawl, I can totally get behind having them all unlocked at the beginning in this game.

Either way's alright really to me. Having them locked could maybe lead to some fun, but having them unlocked is in general just a smart thing to do for a multiplayer fighter.
#4pixel378Posted 6/9/2012 9:56:31 PM
Seksii_Gurl_x0 posted...
I don't. One of my favorite things about Tekken was unlocking new characters through arcade mode.

I want it to be more like melee than brawl in terms of unlockables though, I liked fighting them before unlocking them. I hated getting them from just seeing them in story. I wanted to earn it.
---
MGO- Mr. Detroit
#5djmaster1994Posted 6/10/2012 6:03:19 AM(edited)
pixel378 posted...
Seksii_Gurl_x0 posted...

I want it to be more like melee than brawl in terms of unlockables though, I liked fighting them before unlocking them. I hated getting them from just seeing them in story. I wanted to earn it.

you can do that in Brawl it just three method.
Subspace Emissionary or Brawl Matches or Single Player Classic Mode, All-Star or any other.

Here how to get Marth:
Play 10 brawls
Finish Classic mode on any difficulty level
Get Marth to join your party in The Subspace Emissary

Luigi

Play 22 brawls
Beat Classic with no continues
Get Luigi to join your party in The Subspace Emissary

and Ganondorf

Play 200 matches or more in Brawl
Using either Zelda or Link, clear Classic on Hard difficulty or higher
Get Ganondorf to join your party in The Subspace Emissary (To do that, save Link and Zelda in Subspace toward the end of the adventure. Ganondorf appears after you clear the stage.)

Basically Subspace Emissionary was design for story and coop adventure and to get characters faster.
---
"Nah potna it will b da moxt intrsting E3 Nintendo Press Conference since E3 2010". ~djmaster1994 (me)
#6StaticnovaPosted 6/10/2012 6:07:45 AM
Yeah I wanna have to unlock characters, ideally by earning them rather than just seeing them, or whatever.
---
Awaiting: GW2, Bioshock: Infinite, The Last of Us, GoW:A, Playstation All-Stars, AC3, Watch Dogs, Beyond.
PSN: Ambulance-Chaser
#7Vanitas_RemnantPosted 6/10/2012 6:33:20 AM
I prefer having to unlock characters myself, makes you play the story modes!