I know characters you don't know

#31JollyBudaPosted 6/16/2012 2:25:02 PM
Hey man, The Vault Dweller and The Lone Wanderer are on two different sides of the country.
Also seems unlikely, but EVO is just around the corner.
---
PSN: MrMonochrome
UMvC3: Hulk / Ammy / Vergil
#32T_l_M_B_0Posted 6/16/2012 2:39:36 PM
Chzrm3 posted...
T_l_M_B_0 posted...
OP is trolling. Its obvious if you read that other thread where he tried to convince people he emailed Paul Gale as Omar.

Why are you guys so quick to deem it "trolling"?

It's all been one big, tongue-in-cheek joke. We started poking fun at the desperation for new info on these boards, which turned into "hey lol what if we sent PG an e-mail from Omar", and now the Lone Wanderer is just having some fun with the idea.

It's really sad how devoid gamefaqs can be of humor sometimes. It's almost like you guys have no taste for it. If only there was an expression I could use to pointedly describe the lack of aptitude you guys seem to have for inferring humor from situations.....

But seriously, he's having fun. I find this all hilarious. Why don't you guys just relax and enjoy the boards for a change, instead of treating this like a work environment?

Because it causes unnecessary annoyances. People do things like this (lets say a fake leaked roster for example), and gullible people believe it. When they believe the list and they see the list doesn't have characters they want on it, they begin to b**** and moan about that on the boards, and to the devs, and all over the place.

Seeing this annoys me. So to stop this from happening, I try to make it very clear that these things are not truths. I don't care if I am spoiling your joke tbh. If I wanted to be in on some jokes I wouldn't be going to the PASBR board on Gamefaqs. I come here for real information and to discuss the game with like-minded people. Not to wade through a bunch of bulls*** people post to get their jollies.
#33Chzrm3Posted 6/16/2012 3:03:04 PM
T_l_M_B_0 posted...
Chzrm3 posted...
T_l_M_B_0 posted...
OP is trolling. Its obvious if you read that other thread where he tried to convince people he emailed Paul Gale as Omar.

Why are you guys so quick to deem it "trolling"?

It's all been one big, tongue-in-cheek joke. We started poking fun at the desperation for new info on these boards, which turned into "hey lol what if we sent PG an e-mail from Omar", and now the Lone Wanderer is just having some fun with the idea.

It's really sad how devoid gamefaqs can be of humor sometimes. It's almost like you guys have no taste for it. If only there was an expression I could use to pointedly describe the lack of aptitude you guys seem to have for inferring humor from situations.....

But seriously, he's having fun. I find this all hilarious. Why don't you guys just relax and enjoy the boards for a change, instead of treating this like a work environment?

Because it causes unnecessary annoyances. People do things like this (lets say a fake leaked roster for example), and gullible people believe it. When they believe the list and they see the list doesn't have characters they want on it, they begin to b**** and moan about that on the boards, and to the devs, and all over the place.

Seeing this annoys me. So to stop this from happening, I try to make it very clear that these things are not truths. I don't care if I am spoiling your joke tbh. If I wanted to be in on some jokes I wouldn't be going to the PASBR board on Gamefaqs. I come here for real information and to discuss the game with like-minded people. Not to wade through a bunch of bulls*** people post to get their jollies.

Your answer boils down to "I'm taking this board extremely seriously."

I think you should rectify that. : )
#34wwinterj25Posted 6/16/2012 3:19:50 PM
Chzrm3 posted...
(This is what we're doing now right?)

Just pointing out it's a "new user" that is most likely to be 1) someone's alt account or 2) a account created for trolling or 3) Both. My guess would be option 3.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#35Chzrm3Posted 6/19/2012 10:17:14 PM
wwinterj25 posted...
Chzrm3 posted...
(This is what we're doing now right?)

Just pointing out it's a "new user" that is most likely to be 1) someone's alt account or 2) a account created for trolling or 3) Both. My guess would be option 3.

Oo, fair enough. I actually have had this gamefaqs account for a while but never bothered to use it until this game came out and I badly wanted to discuss it with other people. XD Maybe he felt compelled to make an account in the same vein?
#36Joey2coolPosted 6/19/2012 10:31:01 PM
sir dan?

SIR DAN
#37ChronoCactaurPosted 6/19/2012 11:35:48 PM
Nate_Dihldorff posted...
TC is ChronoCactuar's alt.

I can confirm that VaultDweller is not my alt. While I did leak Paul & Cole, I didn't say they would both be revealed at EVO. I believe I said Ezio & Cole at either EVO or Comic Con.