Okami and Folklore:

#1TRIAZlCPosted 6/22/2012 6:01:51 AM
Just wondering if anyone had thought about these games as having potential characters?

Okami:

Amaterasu - could have interesting dynamics using the three weapon types: rosary (range), reflectors (defense/short range combo breakers and counters) and glaives (swords), mapped to medium attack, light attack and heavy attack, respectively. The reflector could be part of her blocking.

Not sure how they would implement the celestial brush techniques, though. Not like you can really draw a painting mid-battle :). Maybe that could be as part of her specials - maybe her level 1 could be the 'slash/cut' (can't remember the exact name), killing one enemy; level 2 explosion/bomb (again, can't remember name) killing a multiple in a small area and level 3 could have her equipped with the thunder edge (strongest glaive in the game, with lightning element) and floating invulnerably in the centre of the screen, targeting enemies with the brush for thunderstorm.

I know Okami was ported from PS2 to other consoles, but it's definitely more 'first party' then Bioshock, for example.

Folklore:

I personally would much prefer Keats to be in the game, for pure bad***ery, but his close combat style would be no-where near as unique in this game as Ellen's.

Ellen's block ability could be to summon Kilmoulis (lvl 1 shield that takes one hit), or potentially the Golemn one that creates an impenetrable wall around her made of stone.

Light, Medium and Heavy attacks represent different folk, obviously. As far as which folk, I'm not too sure. I think she could have a mid-long range attack by summoning Bullseye (a short-lived horizontal turret folk), and her heavy attack should definitely be summoning/charging Bargest (massive bear type thing with swipe attacks -> or maybe that could be a special).

of the two games I think Okami would be far more likely, but even then it wouldn't be near the top of the list as far as a widespread audience. Folklore even less so.

But I do think they could bring some real gameplay depth, Amaterasu being a fast, agile wolf (short-mid range with rosary) and Ellen would be genuinely unique, having no combat potential of her own, but fighting with summons external to herself as she did in Folklore.

Thoughts?
---
www.myspace.com/thecloserofficial - my band, check us out. (I play drums)
PSN= Triazic
#2Bestia_SomniaPosted 6/22/2012 6:02:24 AM
inb4crapcom
#3TRIAZlC(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2012 6:05:58 AM
Ah yeah forgot about their involvement...
---
PSN= Triazic
#4diebuster2Posted 6/22/2012 6:06:16 AM
Folklore Yes. Capcom No.
---
Playing: ICO&SotC HD, BF3, Grandia. Favourite: Xenogears.
Official Fat Princess of the PSASBR board.
#5LordRattergunPosted 6/22/2012 6:12:40 AM
Susano would be the ideal Okami rep.
---
Rattergun, you are truly a hero for our times. - Recoome_is_god
http://i.imgur.com/dUNdc.jpg
#6TRIAZlC(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2012 6:15:38 AM
Maybe, but considering that they're going for 'iconic', the chances of Susano being the rep are ten times smaller than the game itself getting a rep, which is already minute. Ametarasu is really the only character that would represent this game.

For example, if I hadn't watched the Okami HD trailer yesterday I wouldn't have even remembered who Susano was. When I think Okami, I remember Ametarasu. All IMO.
---
PSN= Triazic
#7SeihyoukenPosted 6/22/2012 10:17:02 AM(edited)
Capcom and Sony will choose a Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, or Street Fighter character loooooong before they choose an Okami character. Besides that we don't know if Capcom is even involved with this game.

Folklore isn't likely either. The game sold horribly. It made Heavenly Sword look like a best seller.

I'd give an Okami character less than a 1% chance and a Folklore character less than a 10% chance.
#8YggdrasillePosted 6/22/2012 10:49:09 AM
I like your ideas for Ellen, TC. I'd really like to see her in the game. ^_^
---
Playing: Darksiders (PS3), Sorcery, Naruto SUNS Generations (PS3), WKC 2, Trine 2 (PS3), Tales of Graces F
PSYLOCKE for UMVC3 DLC!
#9djmaster1994Posted 6/22/2012 11:05:27 AM
Okami franchise only moved from PS2 to Wii and DS where it belongs.
---
"Nah potna it will b da moxt intrsting E3 Nintendo Press Conference since E3 2010". ~djmaster1994 (me)