Why can't we have both Cloud and Lightning?

#1LordYggdrasilXXPosted 7/14/2012 9:19:04 AM
Cloud to represent old FF and Lightning to represent new FF.
#2chapnzabaPosted 7/14/2012 9:19:25 AM
I agree
---
PSN: Chapnzaba
#3christiankid7Posted 7/14/2012 9:20:33 AM
There will probably be 1 Rep per franchise
---
The Official ANTI-VENOM of the UMVC3 boards
The official Sir Daniel Fortesque of the PSASBR boards
#4taoxadasaPosted 7/14/2012 9:21:40 AM
1 for disc, the other for dlc.
---
Official Sly Cooper of the PSASBR boards
#5Terzian313Posted 7/14/2012 9:23:10 AM
Im a pretty huge ff7 fanboy but I gotta say...I hope its someone else other than him. Squall and sephiroth are both twice as cool IMO, and would probably operate better.

Lightning...why would she even be in it? She isnt very popular... at all. Has nothing special about her as far as I remember? What, rides Odin like a bike or whatever? that sux.
---
GT: Crimson 1ce
#6Bestia_SomniaPosted 7/14/2012 9:25:47 AM
Terzian313 posted...
Im a pretty huge ff7 fanboy but I gotta say...I hope its someone else other than him. Squall and sephiroth are both twice as cool IMO, and would probably operate better.

Lightning...why would she even be in it? She isnt very popular... at all. Has nothing special about her as far as I remember? What, rides Odin like a bike or whatever? that sux.

Yeah but SE are pretty determined to force her down our throats with their constant FFXIII advertising. They're even making a FFXIII-3 and it's probably the FF game that least deserves a sequel, but they're making it anyway because they won't give up trying to make us like her.
#7Terzian313Posted 7/14/2012 9:30:08 AM(edited)
^ Is that true? seriously? a ff13-3? Uh, wow. I mean, I played 13-2, I guess I enjoyed it a bit more than 13 but for...very different reasons... and at the end of 13-2 WHOA..damn never used a spoilers tag before. **** spoilers in my msg detail lol. But yeah you know what happens.

Thats really weird. FF13s universe seemed the most shallow too.
---
#8Austin_4ePosted 7/14/2012 9:36:58 AM
^ Is that true? seriously? a ff13-3? Uh, wow. I mean, I played 13-2, I guess I enjoyed it a bit more than 13 but for...very different reasons... and at the end of 13-2 WHOA..damn never used a spoilers tag before. **** spoilers in my msg detail lol. But yeah you know what happens.

Thats really weird. FF13s universe seemed the most shallow too.

Are you kidding FF13 had the most depth, you know those hundreds of data logs in the first game you never read? Yeah.

FF13's biggest flaw isn't a lack of depth or story, it's that the story was just executed miserably and completely fell flat, and the majority of the lore has to be read through data logs which is just not fun.
---
http://i.imgur.com/BNZWG.gif | http://i.imgur.com/Qh8jO.gif | http://i.imgur.com/QwY3n.gif
[[ PSN: Austin_4e ]]
#9Bestia_SomniaPosted 7/14/2012 9:39:50 AM
I think that FFXII had more depth than FFXIII. FFIX had some really great lore and potential for more too.

Although FFXI unquestionably has more depth than the rest of the FF series put together, although it's an MMO so it doesn't count.
#10Terzian313Posted 7/14/2012 9:40:25 AM
^haha, see..well. I never read the hundreds of data logs...But I still dont see what could have been in them thats so deep. Its called the uh, crystal universe no? Where magic and such comes from crystals. I think immersion shoul dbe measured just by how much of the universe you 'feel' as you play the game. And boy oh boy, dat feel from ff7-10.
---